Good price for a Surefire 6P?

bstrickler

Enlightened
I found a brand new Surefire 6P with 8 batteries for $50 (shipped) online, and I was wondering if that's a good deal.

I will end up swapping it over to using an LED dropin, due to runtime, and coloring, when I get a dropin. (Gonna get a Moddoo dropin in the future.)

~Brian

bstrickler

Enlightened
Sounds good to me, go for it. I wish I would have started my SF addiction with a good ol' 6P... :thumbsup:

That's the reason I'm selling my 4D P7 Mag :grin2: It'll pay for the dropin, so I can have 1 *small* light that does it all (except for E01 levels). I started with the Trustfire TR-801. Killed 1, but the other is still working okay. Gotta sandblast the threads, though, to stop the flickering.

Order is sent. Can't wait to get it! If they ship it out tomorrow, it should be here Thursday or Friday :)

~Brian

Last edited:

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Call yourself a flash-a-holic? a true enthusiast would have kept the P7 Mag & got the 6P as well! :p

BTW not a bad price considering you get an additional 8 primaries, perhaps you'd like to power your 6P off a 17670 cell (fits unbored 6P tube)?

Kestrel

Flashaholic
BTW not a bad price considering you get an additional 8 primaries, perhaps you'd like to power your 6P off a 17670 cell (fits unbored 6P tube)?
Good idea, pick up a 17670 LiIon rechargeable (plus a second for a spare, a single (large) 3.7v LiIon runs great with some of the LED modules) and save the SF CR123's for the zombies... ;)

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Call perhaps you'd like to power your 6P off a 17670 cell (fits unbored 6P tube)?

yes, thank you. what do you need, a body extender, &/or spacer to take up extra space in there (sides or length), or does it fit perfectly stock & work with the stock bulb?

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes, thank you. what do you need, a body extender, &/or spacer to take up extra space in there (sides or length), or does it fit perfectly stock & work with the stock bulb?

It fits perfectly (just not in the older 6P's) and will run the stock lamp but this will obviously be under driven... the alternative is a 3.7v lamp (EO-4/HO-4 series) from Lumens Factory such as THIS :thumbsup:

Last edited:

bstrickler

Enlightened
Call yourself a flash-a-holic? a true enthusiast would have kept the P7 Mag & got the 6P as well! :p

Well, its 6 additional primaries (2 that come with the light, and 6 more, on top of that). I'll be removing the incan as soon as I get an LED module, too (I see no point in 1 hour runtime @ 60 lumens on a pair of CR123, when I can get 2+ hours @ more lumens)
I don't have money for both, though (It's gonna cost $40 in batteries to get Nimhs for the 4D, when I can sell it, and upgrade the 6P to ~600 lumens, and have tons of batteries). Plus, the 4D is too big for my liking. When I get more money, I'm gonna go with a different setup, using 3 3x XP-E (or XP-G) boards in a Mag (looking at a possible custom battery pack, too), and build the whole thing myself (everything from the driver to the heatsink).

If I had a job, I'd be keeping the Mag, but I want a lighter/better light. It's not easy carrying the Mag around (plus, you raise lots of eyebrows, carrying it in your pocket at night. Had a cop stop me, because he though I was scouting the neighborhood for houses to rob, when I was actually just walking home.. He was shocked at the brightness of the Mag on high.)

Good idea, pick up a 17670 LiIon rechargeable (plus a second for a spare, a single (large) 3.7v LiIon runs great with some of the LED modules) and save the SF CR123's for the zombies... ;)

I've got tons of 17670s, so thats not a problem, but, though they're all unprotected (battery pack innards). It's not a big deal, though. I'll keep the 2 CR123's that come in the flashlight packaging with me whenever I take the light anywhere, in case the Li-Ion ones don't work for some reason. I'll probably toss a pair in my backpack, as well, along with other places/things I carry with me often (you can never be too cautious).

When I choose to get a good p60 dropin (thats not the Moddoo), I'm looking at the last dropin on this page:
http://www.lumensfactory.com/cart.php?cat_id=2&sub_cat_id=7
(which is this:) http://www.lumensfactory.com/cart_detail.php?id=68

~Brian

Last edited:

bstrickler

Enlightened
Well, it'll be here on the 19th. I was given bonus/promo batteries, as well (might've been because they were backordered, but the shipment came in a few hours after I asked how long the batteries would be backordered). I'm a very happy camper!

Now, the wait for the light!

~Brian