just joined the M6 owners' club!

325addict

Enlightened
Finally, I have an M6 :twothumbs

The first thing I did was to swap the standard battery-holder (whoow! that thing is MASSIVE) for a Mdocod 2X 18650 holder, and fire that MN20 up with two fully charged 18650s.
LIGHT!!!
that said, I swapped the lamp for an MN15 and I was surprised to see how much light it still pumped out. Just a smaller hotspot but still very white!

Then, just for a short burst, I tried the MN21.... <EEEK!!>
That's even more light!! But it's not suitable for driving from two 18650s so I pulled it out quickly after this test.

After that I tried the MN-bi-pin adapter by Fivemega, I put in a WA1164 and I was pleased by the way you can alter the focus by just changing the height of the lamp. This is from a spot to a wide flood with just about 1/10" of difference in height!

Next will be the WA1166 and a three-17670 holder by Fivemega. These items are in already, I just have to order those AW 17670s...

I used it as a bike light this morning... whoow! Sure I had the brightest bike-light of all :D

I'm just beginning to use and explore all possibilities of the M6, but most of the modding stuff is in already...

Timmo.

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
I already bought several accessories (what else?): FM Battery holder 3x17670, FM bi-pin, WA 1185 bulbs, HO-M6, IMR-M6R, AW batteries... :party:

But, I lost the purchasing the most beautiful, IMHO: RPM Ti M6 bezel 8TC! :(

Last edited:

mdocod

Flashaholic
Congratulations!

Welcome to the club!

My favorite M6 bulb, by a long shot, is the HO-M6R on 3x17670s.

In my testing, it produces peak throw intensity higher than the MN21, just a hair less overall output. With a run-time around 40 minutes and recharge-ability, it's a no-brainer trade-off from the MN21.

Enjoy!

-Eric

greenpea76

Newly Enlightened
I agree with mdocod.

The setup with the Lumens Factory bulb is perfect!
I just purchased my second M6 a few days ago and awaiting arrival.

The 2x18650 holders that mdocod produces work great with an LED tower module also.

Oh, welcome to the M6 club!:twothumbs

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also agree with mdocod's favorite choice.

It's a fabulous light. You will definitely enjoy owning and using it.

Congratulations!

Welcome to the club!

My favorite M6 bulb, by a long shot, is the HO-M6R on 3x17670s.

In my testing, it produces peak throw intensity higher than the MN21, just a hair less overall output. With a run-time around 40 minutes and recharge-ability, it's a no-brainer trade-off from the MN21.

Enjoy!

-Eric

smopoim86

Enlightened
I've been running a set of A123 18650s with the mn21. It comes out about the same as stock. The kt4/Megalennium is still more fun though with the 1185.

Welcome to the club. It's definitely the coolest incan...no, coolest light I own.

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
I just picked up a new M6 within the last week as well and its a great light for my evening walks. The MN21 is bright but it uses primaries very quickly. Since I plan on using it several times week AW's 3 level softstart switch and rechargeables are necessities for me and make the M6 fairly user friendly. A HO-M6R bulb on 3x17670s is perfect for me and still quite bright even at medium output (60%). Of course now I need to get a FM bi-pin adaptor and test out the WA 1185. :candle:

325addict

Enlightened
The HO-M6R arrived today :party:

Now waiting for the 3X 17670 from AW... but I ordered them only yesterday, so that will be a matter of 10 to 14 days to the Netherlands.

In the meantime, I enjoy my M6 with Mdocod's 2X 18650 battery-holder, FM's MN bi-pin adapter and a WA1164. that's not bad too ;)

The only thing I miss badly is a Megalennium body... if I could only find one second hand!

Timmo.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Congrats 325, great light and the best all around M6 bulb imo. Hopefully your FM holder will arrive soon. In the meantime you can use 6 x RCR123's if you have them but I'm sure you know that already. :cool:

325addict

Enlightened
I already have that FM bi-pin holder. Two of them, actually ;)
EDIT: now I see, you mean the 3X 17670 holder. I too have them already... two pieces!

That's why I can use that WA1164 now... of which I bought 5 pieces a while ago already. Together with 10 pieces each of the WA1160, WA1166 and the WA1331.

Indeed, I know I can use that LF LA on 6X 16340s. The problem is: I don't have six good ones :(

Yes I actually have six ones.... ultrafires! I wouldn't want to test if they survive such a load, at the very least I would like to have the black AW 16340s for this, or better, AW's IMR 16340s. Both of them I have only 2 pieces at the moment... so I'll wait for the 17670s to arrive.
I'm a patient guy by nature :)

Timmo.

Last edited:

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my Surefire M6 yesterday. I bought it from Marketplace, and it came in nice, very nice conditions..

As 325, after testing the MN20 on 2x18650 with Eric's holder, I fire the WA1185 on 3x17670... :devil: My first "word" was: SH*T! :eek:

Great incan! Nice light! There was a time I was dreaming about it.. :D

325addict

Enlightened
I just bought a complete Megalennium setup from CPF Marketplace :)

Some AW 18650-2600s and a WA1185 with softstart... can it be any better than this?

I don't have it in yet, but I'll surely tell about it when it is in...

I now tested the 3X 17670 setup with the HO-M6R lamp. Very, very nice to say the least :party:

But the WA1166 with a Fivemega bi-pin adapter also performs very well indeed, and is a lot cheaper to run.... unfortunately, no longer available (at least, no longer made).

I'll also have to order those WA1274 lamps... the WA1164 needs a double click, even with AW 18650-2600s! This one draws about 3.6A when overdriven to 7.2V and that's just a hair too much.... according to Andrew, it would be OK if I would use a softstart. So, the 2.77A from the WA1274 will be no problem at all :)

I plan to run the "standard" M6 as a 2-cell light, and the Megalennium setup as a 3-cell light. That's the best of both worlds I think. All running from 18650s (which I have by the lorryload) and each having maximum runtime then.

more to follow....

Timmo.

mwaldron

Enlightened
...Some AW 18650-2600s and a WA1185 with softstart... can it be any better than this?

I plan to run the "standard" M6 as a 2-cell light, and the Megalennium setup as a 3-cell light. That's the best of both worlds I think. All running from 18650s (which I have by the lorryload) and each having maximum runtime then...

I just got mine recently and it's very impressive. The AW soft start does take some of that initial WOW factor away though, but it's worth it to save bulbs. I like the multi-level too, being able to run it at 30% is pretty nice.

I found a great use for the standard M6 body was the LF P7-M LED head. You may want to look into that, with the 3x17670 holder (it will run off of a 2x18650 too) it makes a great long-running and bright light. Just have to put up with that harsh ugly LED color...

Steve in SoCal

Enlightened
Another fun setup is the LF's IMR-M6 lamp assembly. 1000 lumens are claimed and I believe it pulls approx. 3 amps so its a little less tough on a regular 3 x li-ion batteries than the 1185 (although IMR's are recommended).