Zebralight H501 case

Andy80F

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking about for a small case into which my H501 would fit. Essentially to keep it covered and lessen the exposure of the switch whilst in a pocket. What I found was the case for a USB memory stick made by case logic which seems to fit the bill well and costs les than $4 in the US and £4 (from Staples) in the UK.

Link to the Case Logic Site: CaseLogic 2

I may get another to hold a couple of spare Eneloops. Wish it had a proper belt loop but it is easy enough to simply loop the case over the belt and let the Velcro keep it secure.

Andy

Vesper

Enlightened
How about something made for pepper spray? Didn't search but I bet there's several made for that smaller personal size that is able to be belt-carried.

Andy80F

Newly Enlightened
Not really a big market for Pepper spray holsters in the UK and I'm not even sure if, apart from the Police who carry CS gas, it's legal to have the stuff. The USB case was on a shelf and just looked right though a case with a belt loop and perhaps even space for an extra AA might be even better. The ZL has become my EDC and the USB case does maintain the small form that makes it so easy to carry.

Andy

flasherByNight

Enlightened
what about an old style film canister? too big too small? (haven't bought one yet)
...pill containers?

barkingmad

Enlightened
I have a H30 (might be the same for the H501) - if you are worried about it turning on by accident - unscrew the battery cover only very slightly (perhaps 1/10th turn or less) and it breaks contact so the switch does not come on.

Then all you do is turn it back then press the button! Obviously it does not protect it from scratches etc. but if your main concern is with it turning on that may be a solution.

Andy80F

Newly Enlightened
Strange however that I'll take happily wear the ZL out in the rain and not worry if it gets mucky but in my pocket there is a concern that a stray coin might assault it.

Andy