EagleTac T20C2

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
Good Day CPFers!
I want to attempt my first mod on my EagleTac T20C2. I'm thinking I would like to replace the R2 emitter with an MC-E or P7 (something beasty! :naughty:) How do you go about doing this type of project? Are there tutorials available on CPF? I'm pretty decent at soldering, and know my way around electronics pretty well, but this is totally foregn to me. Thanks for the inevitable help guys!
OC

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
A bit of a shame to possibly mess up a great light. THe P7 led is much larger..thus the reflector won't fit without cutting...then it might be too high and won't focus.

To be honest, I would either send this to one of the modders on the forum...if someone has done this type swap...or consider just buying a decent p7 light.

js-lots

Newly Enlightened
A bit of a shame to possibly mess up a great light. THe P7 led is much larger..thus the reflector won't fit without cutting...then it might be too high and won't focus.

To be honest, I would either send this to one of the modders on the forum...if someone has done this type swap...or consider just buying a decent p7 light.

+1

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
Good call, just wanted to see if this was easily accomplished. I would love to get into the custom flashlight building scene, but I have NO idea where to start. I guess I should start with some simple mods, graduate to customizing, and then take a swing at a full on custom job. Thanks for the replies guys, I'll leave the emitter swapping to the pros, for now...

edc3

Enlightened
You might try doing a simple Maglite mod. That's a relatively cheap and easy way to get your feet wet.