ArmyTek        
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718

Thread: What LED flashlight is sitting on your nightstand?

Enlightened

Default Re: What LED flashlight is sitting on your nightstand?

Guys, more Photos pretty please?

Malkoff MDC 1AA Nichia 219B V2 and whatever light I carried that day, which is usually my MDC neutral 16650.

Thrunite TN4A...

Pictured is the HI version. There is always a regular version in the nightstand drawer also. I've since added Victorinox split rings to all of the lanyard attachment points to preserve the lanyard attachments material.
    Last edited by dmattaponi; 12-06-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Flashaholic

Xnova 1AA/8LED

Acebeam K60. The wife loves this light and she believes the 1 lumen moonlight mode is perfect.
    SC600III HI, E14, G20, M43, K60, L6, D4, TX25C2VN40, TN40SVN

Quote Originally Posted by DIPSTIX View Post
    Acebeam K60. The wife loves this light and she believes the 1 lumen moonlight mode is perfect.
    ...Your wife does know that running that thing on full blast will make the dawn look like a 1 Lumen moonlight mode by comparison, right?
    She does have a point though. A powerful light kept running on a low-power mode - makes for an absolute age between charges, and yet it's powerful enough to light the entire garden should the need arise.

I'm more conservative, and got a Jetbeam EC-R16 in the nightstand drawer. Though with my precious Fenix TK76 on the wall right outside my room.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinNO View Post
    ...Your wife does know that running that thing on full blast will make the dawn look like a 1 Lumen moonlight mode by comparison, right?
    She does have a point though. A powerful light kept running on a low-power mode - makes for an absolute age between charges, and yet it's powerful enough to light the entire garden should the need arise.

I'm more conservative, and got a Jetbeam EC-R16 in the nightstand drawer. Though with my precious Fenix TK76 on the wall right outside my room.
    It's amazing to me the the runtimes we can obtain with the minimum required lumens being used. I abuse my batteries and run turbo or just under whenever doing a activity that I could probably get away with only a hundred or more. Instead I use 5000lm
    SC600III HI, E14, G20, M43, K60, L6, D4, TX25C2VN40, TN40SVN

Right now there are 5 lights on my bed table.

Fenix TK45 A bit dated but I like this light enough I would like to get a back up if I found a good price.
    Fenix TK75
    Fenix TK47UE
    Prometheus Alpha Ready Made
    FourSevens Ti Mini ML

On my dresser 10 feet away the rest of my lights, the smaller AA and AAA are in a couple drawer units with the larger lights on top.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmos View Post
    Right now there are 5 lights on my bed table.

Fenix TK45 A bit dated but I like this light enough I would like to get a back up if I found a good price.
    The TK45 is a great medium-sized light. I got two of them myself, both loaded with Eneloop AA's, and recently upgraded to Eneloop Pro's in one of them.
    They were my "travel lights" for a long time (until I dug into the world of 18650's), precisely of their AA power source.

AA batteries are available "everywhere", no matter how much of a barely habitable wilderness you find yourself in.
    And the TK45 got great versatility in its light modes - good spacing, good power.

...And on a personal note, I just love the "gatling-gun" design of the TK45.
    Last edited by PaladinNO; 12-09-2017 at 05:59 AM.

Presently I have an inexpensive small flashlight on the windowsill beside the bed all the time, but also an Olight S1R on charge in the bedroom at night. Starting tonight (if delivered today) I will have an Olight mini on the windowsill or the desk beside the bed at night.

Yes, the TK45 is a classic. I still have mine too. I don't really ever use it after switching to 18650's but it's my first really nice light and has a cool design.

My nightstand just has my Emisar D4vn on it these days.

Currently I have a Fenix pd35tac sitting on my nightstand. I like it pretty well, however I tend to carry my old PD35 all the time mostly cause it is all banged up. Years of service.

Tain. Easy to see:

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718