Head lamp suggestions, whats new?

Aaron1100us

Enlightened
Haven't bought a light for over a year now. I'm needing another good head lamp.

Two years ago, I bought a PT Apex headlamp. Great headlamp but it only lasted me a year. I miss it because I used it all the time.

The plastic on that light was horrible. It started with a faint crack and finally the whole thing just broke into pieces from all the cracks in the plastic. Wasn't even close to being fixable.

I liked the brightness, how waterproof it was and that it used 4 AA batteries. But the quality was not so good. For $80, it should have lasted more than a year.

I use the light for camping, hunting, working on cars, or just around the house. Hot, cold, rain and sun.

So, I'm looking for a new head lamp. I was at Target today and saw that Energizer has these new e2 lithium headlamps rated at 100 lumens. They are made of aircraft aluminum. Sounds pretty durable

Also looked at the PT site. Are the new Apex any good? Did they figure out how to keep their headlamps from falling apart?

I liked the PT Apex, just wish it would have been more durable.

So, what I'm looking for is something very durable, uses 4 AA batteries, as bright or brighter than my old Apex, waterproof or weatherproof (ok for rain), is adjustable, under $100, and has a good battery life.

Apex $85
e2 $45

Is there anything better than the e2 lithium from Energizer or the new Apex?

Thanks

Marduke

Flashaholic
Fenix HP10 looks pretty good as of late.

I personally like the Energizer Hard Case Pro 100lm headlamp for rough duty.