Need help to modify my panasonic work-light

kjetilh

Newly Enlightened
Hello. I use this panasonic light when I'm working (electrician) As I mostly work on cicuit-boards (don't if that's the right name for it - fuses/circuits in houses and industry.) and I take out the power, it usually gets pretty dark around me. I use a LedLenser H7 and a mte ssc p7 from dx, but I really need a stationary light with loads of hotspot-free light when I'm working.
The panasonic light uses a standard 14V halogen bulb. I want to replace this with one or more LED's to increase output and decrease the power consumption.
What LED should I use, and do I need a driver? or is it enough with a resistor?
I'm looking for something like 1000 lumens or more of good floodlight. about 70-80 degrees of flood would be great. the beam is way to focused as it is now, completely useless as a work light.
lykt.jpg

more detailed pictures tomorrow

Ajay

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF kjetilh.

I couldn't find any details about the body of the light from the web. Is it plastic or metal? If it's anything other than metal (Al) it would not be a good candidate for LED mods. You need a lot of heatsinking if you want to do 1000 lumens.

Why can't you just use a zebralight on your head for starters?

Let's see what suggestions others have.

kjetilh

Newly Enlightened
I have the Led Lenser h7 on my head, but need something that can light up the entire room, or at least give a decent flood light. The entire light is made of plastic.
OK maybe 1000 lumens is too much to ask, but it must definately be brighter than the halogen bulb. suggestions?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
you are probably talking about P7 or multiple LED mod and different reflector/reflectors or optics and heatsinks and drivers to accomplish what you want. There is no dropin that will do what you want at outputs of 500 lumens or more.