• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Milky Candle (MC2), Special Batch With Nichia GS

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Milky Candles (MC2), Special Batch With Nichia GS *SOLD*

Tale of the Milky Tape:
Milky Candle Rev2
Nichia NSPW500GS-K1 White 5mm LED
LSDiodes Amber 5mm LED

Background:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2500557&postcount=346
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2500541#post2500541
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/76293

From Milky = "Folks have been asking about my Milky Candles (a.k.a. MC2) for a while, whether I had any more, when I would build some more, etc. I've finally got enough parts on hand to help on that front, and right now have six units... yes, ONLY SIX... that incorporate hand-chosen Nichia GS white LEDs of Rank W (brightest available) and tint C0 (neutral to slightly warm, virtually none of the usual blue/purple in the beam)... testing by fellow CPFer JTR1962 shows these LEDs to be by far the brightest, most efficient 5mm LEDs yet seen. In addition to the above, I've taken individual measurements of the operating parameters for each LED in these six units and am loading customized firmware on them, specifically tweaked to drive the LEDs to their full capabilities: this means longer runtimes at each level before the units failover to amber, and MIGHT also mean these will be the first Milky Candles capable of running the white LED in regulation on a single PRIMARY 123 cell. Woohoo!"

"Folks, I've been slowly gathering the necessary bits to build a handful more Milky Candles, and as of this moment I've got exactly SIX built, available to all, first to grab them, gets them! These six are particularly special in that I've mounted some handpicked Nichia GS LEDs (rank W, color bin C0)... these are easily the brightest and most efficient 5mm LEDs released to date. Another special aspect of this half-dozen units: I individually tested the voltage requirements of each LED in each unit and am recalibrating the firmware specifically to this batch's operational characteristics... what that means in real-world terms is longer runtimes before the units drop out of regulation and POSSIBLY (no guarantees, but hopeful) these might be the first and to date, only MC2 ever made capable of operating the white LED on a SINGLE 123 primary cell... all previous units would only operate in white when running with TWO 123 cells. Many LEDs lost their lives to give us this feature... well no, not really, but I did reject a fair number of LEDs that didn't make the grade for this little build... only the best made the cut... and since I don't have any more Nichia GS for these units at present, the 6 on hand are the ONLY ones
for now with Nichia GS."

Candle is 2nd from right. You wish the others were included, but they are not :p
080625milkyfamily.jpg

hhmilkycandle.jpg

Condition as received new from Milky. Ran 1/2 a battery through it and then stored it away for emergency use, with a bit of tape over the top to keep the dust out while stored. They rock, best indoor emergency light you can get! 3 levels plus the amber light, can twist and press the bottom to cycle through.

Price = $75 shipped USPS Priority w/ Insurance *SOLD*

Sale Details

Unconditional "I'll take it" posted in the thread has priority. No trades! Payment must be received in a reasonable amount of time, ~24 hours.

Buyer will be notified by PM with PayPal address, and final shipping info.

PayPal payment only. CONUS only.

Prices include:
1) Unless otherwise specified - USPS Priority Mail shipping, with Delivery Confirmation.
2) PayPal fees. Cash, Instant Transfer or Credit Card.

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
Re: FS: Milky Candle (MC2), Special Batch With Nichia GS

This is one of the best flashlight toys I've ever owned. I have two, which see daily use, and I just love them!

:takeit:

I don't do PM, so please email Cash Paypal address to:

email.jpg

donn_

Flashaholic

Fisk...I'll sell you one of my older ones if you like. Send me an email if interested.

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Email incoming donn, thanks!

This is SPF.

edit: SOLD! thanks everyone.

Last edited: