Quark Ti *Warnings*

flasherByNight

Enlightened
Don't turn the HEAD! (at least not w/out something under the clip)
*unless you want a nice 360 scratch around circumference

*hint, install battery from switch side :wave:

Thought it was important enough to remind people in it's own thread, that is all. :D

PeaceOfMind

Enlightened
When mine gets here, the first thing I'm gonna do is give the head a nice big turn. Once that first scratch is there I won't have to worry about trying not to damage it anymore!

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just bend the clip so its off the head by a hair

Marduke

Flashaholic
Seeing as this is already covered in the appropriate thread, what exactly is the point of cross posting here?

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
:wtf: Wished I saw this post before receiving package. The tailcap was too tight so the head turned.

Scratchedonfirstuse.jpg

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Titanium scratch that easily? Must be low grade.

The clip is tempered stainless steel, which is much harder than the titanium.

I polished the inside of the clip to a mirror finish, and it still scratched again.

:dontdoit:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
That scratch looks almost like its suppose to be there. I guess if you want to use a clip you might as well go ahead and scratch it and get it over with.

It does kind of surprise me that it was designed that way.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the warning. :green:
No way most people would have been able to pick a piece of advice like this out of the monster thread that is for the Quark Ti-s. I think it is quite a good thread topic.
:bump:

Now if only my Quark Ti 2xAA would ship... :scowl:

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
Seeing as this is already covered in the appropriate thread, what exactly is the point of cross posting here?

Because someone would have to be on here for hours a day and post somewhere around, hmm, I'd say 11.32 posts per day to absorb all the info in every thread. He thought is was improtant info for others who spent big bucks on a limited edition flashlight. I'm sure none of them would be very happy if it happened to them, and it will if you didn't know about it.

Edit: Read the post below this one. FlasherByNight has done a service to a few CPFers. This is a worthy thread.

Last edited:

Natbyte

Newly Enlightened
Many thanks for the heads up, because I know this would have happened to me! Looks like a design oversight, should be easily cured with a small bit of tubing on the clip end.