Help with an Old Surefire Weaponlight

scott

Enlightened
I have what I believe is an original Surefire weaponlight. I do not know the model number. It has the Laser Products logo on the pressure switch tailcap. The lamp assembly (which is also the original and still working fine) is an R60.

Can anyone help me with a possible model number? Are there any led drop-ins that will work with this light? If not, are there any incandescent lamp assemblies that will work with it? Should I continue to use it, or is it collectible? Please help the clueless. :)

1wrx7

Enlightened
If you can post a picture Size15's will be able to tell you anything you want to know. I think he's a cyborg:thinking:... the SF dedicated weaponlights have so many different number designations that no human being should be able to know that many numbers:tinfoil: I do have an older SF weaponlight's catalog that has some good diagrams and # charts... so I might be able to at least point you in the right direction if I can see a picture.

If it uses a R60 lamp and two SF123 cells, you should be able to use almost any 6 volt LED drop-in. A picture would help here too, since I have found a combo that won't allow the use of some aftermarket drop-in's.

I can 99% guarantee that the SF P60L LED drop-in will work with your light.

scott

Enlightened
This one's not a "dedicated" weaponslight. It looks just like a flashlight except that it has the pressure switch tailcap. It has a generic (aftermarket, I think) bracket for attaching it to a rifle barrel. I probably bought it 25 years ago or so.

I'll try to get pics tomorrow. Thanks.

Last edited:

firefighter1241

Newly Enlightened
Dose it look like this light in the mount?
IMG_0006.JPG

If so and it came with this barrel mount and weaver mounting ring it will be a Surefire 660
http://images1.opticsplanet.com/750...classic-universal-weaponlight-systems-m16.jpg

http://images1.opticsplanet.com/750-500-ffffff/opplanet-surefire-mount-m10.jpg

scott

Enlightened
It's a little different than the one above--but close. Mine has no writing on the side at all. Only on the tailcap.

Here it is on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/44109069@N02/

(There's a tiny bit spot of surface rust on the clamp. Also, I've repaired the pressure switch with Plastidip. Ugly, but works.)

firefighter1241

Newly Enlightened
It's a very early Surefire 660 classic weapon light. The rubber on the tape switch wearing out is very common and they no longer make that old style tape switch. But you could use a UM or XM tail cap with a new tape switch and it will work with that.

Size15's

Flashaholic
It does appear to be a model 660 -
U04 4" remote tape pressure switch,
L60 Lamp Module NB: The R60 is not the stock Lamp Assembly: you should use the P60 rather than the discontinued R60 if you intend to stick with incandescents. The P60 is brighter and designed for two SF123A batteries (unlike the R60 which is intended for the B65 NiCad battery stick)
M10 1" diameter low base SureFire mount
M14 mount for weapon barrels from 0.5 to 0.75 inches diameter

Of course if it has a mount for weapon barrels from 0.5 to 0.9 inches diameter and a 5" remote tape pressure switch it would be a model 659...

It's not 'collectable' as it has been a workhorse used by thousands for decades.
Any LED drop-in that can work in the Z32 shock isolated bezel it has can be used.

The XM07 is now standard replacement remote tape pressure switch TailCap for the Classic WeaponLights although it is expensive. There are experienced SureFire WeaponLight Dealers who can advise you on the options that fit our WeaponLight needs. It may be a good time to update to the M600C or an X300...

KashInc.

Newly Enlightened
Dose it look like this light in the mount?
IMG_0006.JPG

If so and it came with this barrel mount and weaver mounting ring it will be a Surefire 660
http://images1.opticsplanet.com/750...classic-universal-weaponlight-systems-m16.jpg

http://images1.opticsplanet.com/750-500-ffffff/opplanet-surefire-mount-m10.jpg
The two pressure switches in the front. What are they called and are they still availabe on the market to buy?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMG_0006.JPG

To firefighter1241 or any who can help me:

Are the two surefire pressure switches at the very bottom of the picture (or the front edge of the table) still available on the market to buy and, if so, what are they called and where can I purchase one?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMG_0006.JPG

Can anyone help me!

Are the two surefire pressure switches at the very bottom of the picture (or the front edge of the table) still available on the market to purchase and, if so, what are they called, what cord lengths are they available in, and where can I buy one?

You may email me at the link below.

[email protected]

KashInc.

Newly Enlightened
I need an old surefire pressure switch!

IMG_0006.JPG

Does anyone know if the two surefire pressure switches at the very bottom of the picture (or front edge of the table) are still available on the market to purchase and, if so, what are they called, what cord lengths are they available in, and where can I buy one?

You may email me at: [email protected]

Thanks!

DM51

Flashaholic
Re: I need an old surefire pressure switch!

Welcome to CPF, KashInc. :)

I'll move your question to the General Flashlight Discussion section, where I hope Size15's or one of the other SF weapon-light experts will see it and give you an answer.

Edit: I see there is another thread there about this and you posted the same thing there. I'm merging the threads to avoid further duplication...

Last edited:

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Saw that this thread was brought back up and wanted to help out KashInc. Size15's I wanted to add a link to a 2006 thread to show a close up photo you posted (post #2) to show the tailcap that goes with the S05 pressure switch https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/143218. This seller on ebay has the U12B with the A21 adapter, the "12" being 12 inch cable like Size15's said but intsead of a pressure switch its a on/off switch. I have not seen the pressure "S" switches available. http://cgi.ebay.com/Surefire-U12B-U...7702104?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item35abecfdd8 I bought this switch from the above seller the U0505B (it's double "0505" meaning two 5 inch cables its both on/off switch and pressure switch also comes with the A21 adapter here is link to "SF Lego Thread" sorry for the small photos. Go to post # 476 see my L60 with this switch https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/170804&page=16 I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
The A21 is the Classic Universal Housing body (not an adapter). Classic U-type switches all feature the A21.
Normally one would get a U05 which features an S05.

Size15's

Flashaholic
What I can't tell from those photos, perhaps because I'm surfing from a 'smart' phone is how the A13 is being used as the lights don't look long enough.

The L60 Lamp Module features the L60 Lamp Module Housing Body, the P60 Lamp Assembly, and the Z32 Shock Isolated Bezel.
The U0505B features the A21 Universal Housing Body, TailCap housing and the S0505B switch (05 tape pressure switch, and 05B constant-on rocker switch).

Normally, the L60 screws into the U0505B to create the model 650-0505B.

Adding the A13 into the mix would surely be between the A21 and L60 as from what I recall the A13 is a longer version of the A21 in the same way the A14 is a longer version of the A19... SureFire's Classic WeaponLight nomenclature would call this 650R-0505B I believe.

I'm away from home so without reference materials.

Last edited:

KashInc.

Newly Enlightened

http://www.leapers.com/pop_up.php?curidx=0&allidx=0&itemno=TL-PSTL099&mitem=Flashlights and Lasers

Thanks Size15's! I actually have a brand new XM07 remote tape switch. But I have a flashlight that is not a surefire light, :( that has the drop-in pressure switch pictured above. Click on the link above for a larger view.

It works fine but the tape switch is very small and I want to replace it with the much larger Surefire Tape Switch that will fit in the slot of my Tango Down vertical grip on my AR. The surefire tape switch that came close to matching the one pictured above was the Classic Sxx tape switches in the previous pic I posted. Thanks to you I now know what type of surefire switch they are.

If you could refer me to someone who may have the Surefire Classic Sxx switch for sale I would greatly appreciate it. In the meantime I'm going to search for one on the internet.

Thanks again for all your help!

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Thanks for the info. Size15's. The small photos plus looking at them with a smartphone would be super small image. I will retake the photos on the SF Lego thread. I have it in this order the U0505B, A21, A13 screwed in the the L60 body but I think the A13 and A21 could be set up vice-versa too. So the U0505B which includes the A21, with the L60Lamp Module Housing Body, P60/P61 and Z32 Shock Isolated Assembly is a Model 650-0505B. Using the A13 which is an adapter to make to convert a 6V weaponlight into a rechargable "R" using a SF B65 battery would get me a 650R-0505B.