What to do with a Mag 6D?

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not familiar with mag mods. I just found an old 6D mag at a hardware store. Other than using it as a lethal blunt weapon, what can I do to make one bright *** light? Are there mods that require a 6D body?

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the brightest output, an incan hotwire would do the trick. For a good balance of output and runtime, an MC-E or P7 would be the way to go.

Howecollc

Enlightened
I'm not familiar with mag mods. I just found an old 6D mag at a hardware store. Other than using it as a lethal blunt weapon, what can I do to make one bright *** light? Are there mods that require a 6D body?
For the least possible expenditure of money, put one of these 5 cell Xenon bulbs in it with your standard alkaline or heavy-duty batteries.
For something much more fabulous and costly look up some info on the 3854 ROP-Hi mod.

On second thought; considering your 900+ posts, you're probably looking for an LED mod, but I'll offer these anyway.

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. Awesome thanks. Does the 3854-H bulb just fit into the mag or is there a replacement bulb holder? Can you point me in the direction to get a pre-made aluminum reflector and glass lens? thanks

Last edited:

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. Awesome thanks. Does the 3854-H bulb just fit into the mag or is there a replacement bulb holder? Can you point me in the direction to get a pre-made aluminum reflector and glass lens? thanks

The bulb is here - Pelican 3854, it is the same fitting as the original Maglite bulb - it just fits straight in.

Aluminium reflectors are available here (OP) or Here (smooth).

The glass lenses are available from a few places - these guys are the best.

apete2

Newly Enlightened
If you want somehthing slightly less powerful you could use 6 d primary and the HPX 53 bulb