Flashlight dealers at local gun shows?

slabman05

Newly Enlightened
I am looking to attend one of the local gun shows here in Denver, Co and wondered if there will be a flashlight dealer that sells LED flashlights? Is this typical to have a dealer or two at a gun show? Or do the dealrs usuallyhave a few flashlights as extras and not their main source of income?

Cameron Kiefer

USACelt

Newly Enlightened
When I frequented shows years ago, Surefire dealers were prolific. The last show I went to had only 2 dealers selling lights exclusively and they sold only O-Lights. Not making a judgement about O-Lights, but I want more choice. Never been to a show outside of my state, so hopefully the situation is better there.So to finally answer your question, in my experience, yes there are dealers who only sell lights.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I've never been to a gun show in NH but if there were flashlight dealers there I'd go. I just don't want to buy any more handguns so I avoid the temptation by not attending shows.

timbo114

Enlightened
I attended a gun show here in SW PA back in Sept. - there were 3 LED flashlight dealers selling shoddy, no name goods, that were not 1/2 as bright as my lowly UltraFire C3 on NiMh AA.
The only recognizable item I saw was a green laser made by XTAR.

Chadder

Enlightened
I was at a gun show a couple of months ago here in MO and there were flashlight dealers not only selling surefire but I found Fenix, Nitcore and others. I had to stay away or I would have bought them all. I did buy another fenix LD10 while there!

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bought my first "real" flashlight at a gun show back in 1982. A Streamlight SL-20 with SL-35 bulb, for extra kick!

FlashlightsNgear.com

→Formerly d1live←, Flashaholic
Iam not sure about Denver, Co but the East Coast gunshows usually have several dealers at each show, most are Chinese selling Olight and Fenix. Iam still looking at travel trailers/campers and will soon start traveling the US selling at most of the larger gunshows - 600 tables + shows.

notsobrite

Newly Enlightened
a few months ago i saw a couple of tables at a gunshow in austin,tx. olights if i remember correctly and fenix. prices were at retail, but i got to see a couple of lights that i hadn't seen in person before. surprisingly, there were few surefires.

slabman05

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys for the reply. I will be going to the show this weekend and can report back here if there were any flashlights.

Cameron Kiefer

tango44

Enlightened
The last time there was a gun dealer with some Fenix lights on the table, when I asked the price for the TK10 he told me $150...

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Hi Cameron,
A gun show is a great place to buy a flashlight! I work a couple of shows close to home (Puyallup & Monroe) and then we have three crews that cover OR, CA, NV, UT and AZ. You'll see the prices range from above retail to maybe 40% off depending on how motivated a dealer is willing to sell his merchandize. Gun shows are a great place to get a deal. Heck in Portland Coast was showing up to the shows and unfortunately competing with one of there own dealers. I'm not sure what the reasoning behind that was but it created some good prices for the show attendees. Make sure you shop around and buy from an established dealer that offers warranty service. Always get a receipt! If they don't have receipts, there's your sign, move on.

The Tanner Gun show in Denver is usually a good one at 700+ tables so I'm almost positive there will be some flashlight dealers.
Sunday is a great time to visit the shows, less crowds so there's more time to talk to the venders.

TBFlashlights.com should start working this show next year I'm told. :twothumbs

Looking forward to your feed back from the show!

travelinman

Enlightened
Thanks guys for the reply. I will be going to the show this weekend and can report back here if there were any flashlights.

Cameron Kiefer

It usually goes without saying, but maybe this time it's better said. Make sure you know the prices of the lights you are looking for BEFORE you go to any type of "show".

If not, you might as well paint a big target on your chest with the words "sucker" on it. (well, maybe not such a good idea at a gun show :poof: