Photon-ish light for keychain but actually BRIGHT!

Sproles

Newly Enlightened
OK - so I have plenty o' lights for the "Go-Bag" and plenty of choices for EDC lights, but I am wanting something to go on the keychain that is actually (1) bright (2) small (3) press-on type action. What suggestions do you all have. I would like to keep it under $30-40 if possible.

Many thanks for your help-
Sproles

HitecDrftr

Newly Enlightened
OK - so I have plenty o' lights for the "Go-Bag" and plenty of choices for EDC lights, but I am wanting something to go on the keychain that is actually (1) bright (2) small (3) press-on type action. What suggestions do you all have. I would like to keep it under $30-40 if possible.

If you do not mind my asking, is "(3) press on" action more important than (1) bright? If a "bright" keychain light is is your highest consideration, I can highly recommend the ITP A3 Eos. For about $22 shipped, it is the little keychain light that could. It has a twisty on/ off, but three brightness settings as well. It is also small and very light... so much so that you will forget it is there if you were wear it aroung your neck for example. Here is a youtube video showing some of its capabilities. Try getting this type of functionality with one of those "press-on" lights. Very amazing light for its size.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEZlkolmE8E

-Hitec-

Dave_5280

Newly Enlightened
I saw a press button keychain light by Energizer, 3 modes - high, medium and flashing, with a blue tint for $8 at Best Buy near the checkout area. It might not be bright enough for you though.

scott

Enlightened
The Preon I with clicky will be very bright and just under $50. It's over your budget but would very much fit your needs otherwise. I'm not sure I'd want a clicky on my keys, though. I think there's be too many opportunities for it to inadvertently turn itself on.

I'm going to agree with others that you want a Photon Rex. My problem with the Rex is that it's too handy of a light to confine to my key chain. It's my most use around-the-house light. Surprisingly bright. Wonderfully dim. Perfect IU.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Preon I with clicky will be very bright and just under $50. It's over your budget but would very much fit your needs otherwise. I'm not sure I'd want a clicky on my keys, though. I think there's be too many opportunities for it to inadvertently turn itself on.

I'm going to agree with others that you want a Photon Rex. My problem with the Rex is that it's too handy of a light to confine to my key chain. It's my most use around-the-house light. Surprisingly bright. Wonderfully dim. Perfect IU.
+1