1D ROP?

wolfstyle

Enlightened
I have a 1D maglite that I haven't done anything with since I got it. Is it possible to build a ROP? What power source would I run it off of? If I can't build a ROP, what else could I build?

Thanks,
wolfstyle

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 1D maglite that I haven't done anything with since I got it. Is it possible to build a ROP? What power source would I run it off of? If I can't build a ROP, what else could I build?

Thanks,
wolfstyle

[size=+1]It is possible.
See here, here and here to get some idea.
Of course 1.25D body needs tri or quad bored but if none of above fit in body, 2 IMR16340 with spacer can power up ROP LO with very short run time.[/size]

^^Nova^^

Enlightened
You would need some sort of holder, but following on from FM's answer, you could fit 2s2p IMR16340 in there. Should give a theoretical 30min run with the ROP-L (3854) and half that for the high.

Cheers,
Nova

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that a 1D light would better be suited for an LED mod, since most LEDs have Vfs around the voltage that one cell will have. I would suggest some type of P7 (or Multi P7) mod with a KD litium ion cell. If you do multiple P7's then you might need IMR cells to avoid tripping the protection circuit.

Latest posts