High CRI Surefire T1A

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
High CRI Surefire T1A / Seoul/ XP-G/ XM-L

Here is a Stock Surefire T1A vs. a high CRI Seoul T1A that I modified for another member. I ordered a T1A to give to my Grandfather as an 81st birthday gift after he seemed to like my original Ti TITAN when he handled it at my cousins wedding recently. He also liked my SPY 005, but I can't bring myself to give it up. The timing worked out perfect as I finished the high CRI T1A the day before the stock one showed up, so it allowed me a chance to take before and after shots of how much the color rendering was improved as well as the beam focus& quality.
The high CRI seoul was raised up by making a small copper shim which placed the emitter further into the reflector hole and allowing it to focus correctly. Now instead of a full flood of blue tinted nastiness, it has a very nice warm tint with a nice hot-spot that actually throws further and great spill. I'm sure the owner will be pleased with the results.
The beamshot on the wall doesn't do it justice. It is actually more white and has been stepped down to better show the beam differences.

Stock T1A vs. High CRI T1A
013-34.jpg

STOCK---------------------------------------------------------------------High CRI
014-20.jpg

BEFORE
011-32.jpg

AFTER
012-15.jpg

BEFORE
005-48.jpg

AFTER
004-41.jpg

Last edited:

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beautiful work!:thumbsup:

I'm sure your grandfather will like it. A very simple to use light, and cool looking to boot.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
If i EVER get a T1A, It will either get milkied, or ill ask you if you're willing to help me do this to it. :wow:

Crenshaw

Patriot

Flashaholic
Dafab, you're the man. Looks great and the T1A really needs it.

:thumbsup: Great idea, as is the norm for you.

munchs

Newly Enlightened
Love the beam!

A quick question. Did you have to drill the reflector to accomodate better fit of the emitter into it?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
A very simple to use light, and cool looking to boot.

The simple UI is why I got it for him. He seemed to like the Ti Titan.

If i EVER get a T1A, It will either get milkied, or ill ask you if you're willing to help me do this to it. :wow:

Crenshaw

If Scott is too busy, shoot me a PM.

Dafab, you're the man. Looks great and the T1A really needs it.

:thumbsup: Great idea, as is the norm for you.

Thanks Patriot!:wave:

Love the beam!

A quick question. Did you have to drill the reflector to accomodate better fit of the emitter into it?

The only modification done is a shim to raise the emitter further into the reflector hole and swapping emitters.

toby_pra

Flashaholic
DaFab!

You cant do these mods any further, because all my stock
flashlights wants to become DaFabricated...!!!!!!!!! :thinking: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
DaFab!

You cant do these mods any further, because all my stock
flashlights wants to become DaFabricated...!!!!!!!!! :thinking: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Toby, but I have to!...It's the only thing that keeps me sane...:duh2::tinfoil:
Send me a PM if you ever want to discuss a mod you have in mind!:thumbsup:

PM sent with mod request... :grin2: :wave:

Back at cha!:wave:

You win the Montgomery Burns Award for outstanding achievement in the field of EXCELLENCE! :twothumbs Great Mod!

:crackup::crackup::crackup:...Why Thank you Sir!:D
The T1A mod can be a pain in the ***!
Just finished another high CRI mod for one of our mods here and it took like 3 freaking hours!
The other ones, I've done take about a 3rd of that time..:shrug:
I am Extra careful as making a mistake on one of these would be costly!:mecry::eek:oo::green::barf:
Turned out great though and it really is sooo much better than stock!:thumbsup:

006-39.jpg

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Didn't get it yet ... but hopefully will, provided the post office won't screw it up :sick2:
I think this will be a major improvement in beam quality and color rendition, and all that in one of my favourite lights :)

1wrx7

Enlightened
Didn't get it yet ... but hopefully will, provided the post office won't screw it up :sick2:
I think this will be a major improvement in beam quality and color rendition, and all that in one of my favourite lights :)

I think you'll be very happy with the results. While I haven't seen your Titan, DaFab showed me another modded one along with a stock one... and it's a drastic improvement:party: A UI as great as the T1A deserves a great emitter that is properly focused.

tygger

Enlightened
Just got mine back from DaFabricata and all I can say is wow. :D Its a brand new light with a perfectly centered emitter and great tint. (are you listening Surefire?) If you're debating about having your T1A modded, don't. Really excellent work. :bow:

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
How thick was your copper shim and did you have to remove the same amount from the reflector?

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing is removed from the back of the reflector.

The fun part is getting the driver out and back in...:sweat:

munchs, let us know how it goes..:popcorn:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
"high CRI" <-> "warm white" :thinking?

is that the same, so a warm white P4 inside that light, or is that another led?
(which one, if 2nd?)

Beam color is great

munchs

Newly Enlightened
Nothing is removed from the back of the reflector.

The fun part is getting the driver out and back in...:sweat:

munchs, let us know how it goes..:popcorn:

Actually I'm thinking of letting someone else that I know do the mod for me :D

Even a simple soldering is a challenge to me... :sssh:

Latest posts