Need advice on headlamp for hiking trips

Phaselock

Newly Enlightened
I´m looking for a quallity headlamp to be used on hiking trips in the mountains and the woods. I do not hike by night so it will mainly be used when setting up the tent, light up the tent and other basic tasks when the night falls. I've looked at Zebra Light H501 and Fenix HP10. These are within my budget. I want AA powered light and must be waterproof. Which of these do you recommend?

Thanks!

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
If you are just using it around camp to do basic chores/activities, the single battery zebralight is probably the best and much more comfortable than the HP10 with its 4 batteries in a box behind the head . If you want to project a beam a long ways, then the HP10 would be the choice.

I own zebralights and the HP10. I use the zebralight exclusively around the camp. The HP10 is on my wife's caving helmet.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
+1 on the ZL. I have a bunch of headlamps but use the ZL around camp as it is UL and has a nice floody beam. Toss in a UL 1xAA or 2xAA flashlight if for some reason you are late getting into camp and you will be good to go. :twothumbs

Phaselock

Newly Enlightened
I have a Fenix LD10 flashlight that I will combine with the headlamp. Very happy with Fenix. Sometimes You need to have both of my hands free.

I think I will try the Zebralight H501 :candle:

Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest posts