• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired All Sold, Thanks CPF

hornady708

Enlightened
Its about time for me to pay for my Elk Mount so I'm going to sell some of my McGizmos to pay for it. I've enjoyed using them while I had them, but I can't wait to get my mount back. I plan on using one thread for now and will just update the title.

McGizmo LS27, never been carried, has a small mark on the clip which was impossible to photograph
Asking $590

McGizmo LS20 with BB clip, never been carried, has a a few tooling marks, but that's the way I received it from the man himself
Asking $575

*SOLD*

McGizmo Sundrop 3S, never been carried, no marks that I could find
Asking $335 (No pictures of the Sundrop except the group photo, let me know if you want some and I can try and break out the tripod)
*Sold*

First up is a mint McGizmo S27-PD. The light is in pefect condition with a few very tiny surface scratches that Ti gets. It has never been EDC and you can tell its been pampered its whole life. Comes with white H3 trit in the tail
Asking $650 $630 (MO, Paypal Personal Transfer no fee, otherwise +3%) shipped Priority in US
*SOLD*

Everything is sold, still waiting on payment for the Sundrop, thanks everyone!

eld6066.jpg

eld6068.jpg

eld6553.jpg

eld6552.jpg

eld6531.jpg

Shot last year in Idaho

elkhunt2008075.jpg

dscn1069c.jpg

Last edited:

Joseph Milton

Enlightened
Re: McGizmo S27

OK, it that elk on steroids or have I never encountered an animal of that magnitude before? That beast is huge! I hope you have vaulted ceilings!!!

Nice light too!

Joseph

scout24

Flashaholic

Beautiful animal! I'm guessing that wasn't in Alabama... :grin2: Great looking light, too, BTW.

fyrstormer

Banned

Those are the biggest antlers I've ever seen. What is an elk mount, anyway?

I'd sell the newer lights first. That S27, you're never going to find another one.

Last edited:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast

GREAT HUNTER
id be impressed if he did it with his bare hands,

but anyone can pull a trigger from 160 feet away.

i hope that amazing animal wasnt killed for *sport*

Dutch

Enlightened

Wow!!

He's a beauty! Congrats!

What'd he score!? Look at that mass!!

That's a once in a lifetime bull me boy!:D

The light's kinda cool too...;) I LOVE my S27!

Dutch

fyrstormer

Banned

waddup, while I generally agree with you, keep in mind that we've already killed off all their predators, and in so doing, assumed the responsibility of preying on them. If we don't control their population, nothing will.

My dad tells a story about a time when my grandfather (who worked for the NY Dept of Conservation) took him for a drive through the back-country in Upstate NY, until they got to a rare spot of green grass in the middle of a landscape covered by a couple feet of snow. Winter had come hard and fast that year, so the hunters had been less "productive" than they usually were, and the deer population had exploded in a short time. (most people don't appreciate just how fast grazers can reproduce -- they've been hunted and killed for eons, and their "job" in the world is to collect energy from the grass they eat and provide it in a concentrated package to whatever kills and eats them.) So there here a couple hundred deer packed into this patch of grass about an acre in size, and as you might expect, it was picked clean to the bare dirt -- and then the deer had started fighting with each other. There were dead and bloated carcasses all around the perimeter, and you can just imagine how quickly disease started spreading after that.

My grandfather said to my dad, "This is why we hunt them. We're the only thing left that does. If we don't, this happens. Which is more humane? A bullet to the head or starving to death all winter long?"

Anyway, I'm sure the OP did "the right thing" and carved it up for food as well -- and even if he didn't, the lions and wolves and bears cleaned house for him.

Last edited:

hornady708

Enlightened
Re: McGizmo S27 *PICS Up*

Sorry guys, wasn't meaning for this to become a pro/con of hunting. If it does make all y'all anti hunters feel any better I am still eating meat harvested from this elk (1200 pounds makes a LOT of hamburger meat)

Pics are uploaded, Thanks!

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good luck with your sale, Hornady708. That`s one nice light.

Best wishes to all!

:)

bf1

Enlightened

Nice light at a very good price.

fyrstormer

Banned

:sigh: Really wish I could pull the trigger on this. (hunting reference not intended, but definitely chuckled at.) But as much as I like the S27, I suppose it's better for it to go to someone who won't just leave it sitting on the shelf because it's too big to pocket-carry.

fyrstormer

Banned
Re: McGizmo S27 *Price Drop*

This is ridiculous. How often do these come around anyway? Not very often by my estimation.

(checks his paypal balance)

Assuming this is still for sale, I'm giving this til 3pm EST (12pm PST, to be fair to West-Coasters) on Tuesday 11/17/09 and then I'm buying it. One last chance guys. :D