Is it possible to convert a Lite box halogen into HID

spatterfree

Newly Enlightened
I have a Yellow Lite box with 8 watt bulb and i would like to convert it into a HID would that be possible? how would i do it? also maybe i could find someone that wants to sell his used HID, what are the odds of finding one?

Patriot

Flashaholic
Yes, it's possible. You need a ballast, wiring and connectors (normally supplied with ballast) and a bulb. Many times you can purchase all the components as a kit.

Regarding the how to part. Do a CPF Only Google search at the upper right and type in HID conversion. Also, scroll down the main page here and see what kind of conversion chat is happening.

I don't know of anyone who has performed the conversion on a Litebox specifically but the principle is the same for all of them. I'm not sure what Automotive equivalent bulb type the stock HID Litebox is using but you can call Streamlight and ask.

Regarding used lights, have a look or perform a search over in the CPF Marketplace.

Last edited:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
+1 to everything Patriot stated above.

Regarding your second question, do you mean that you would be looking to find a used Streamlight HID LiteBox? If so, then you may want to look at the SunForce 25MCP for $90 instead as that is the current king of throw for 35W HID lights..

Latest posts