Malkoff

Thread: Help with purchasing a dat2zip sandwich

Flashaholic

Default Help with purchasing a dat2zip sandwich

Well, I knew the time would eventually come when my newly aquired flashlight collection would suffer a casualty, however untill this point I have been praying that it would be one of my unmodified mags. Unfortunately, that was not the case, as I lost my one and only luxeon powered flashlight the other day: an inretech AA white. Needless to say, I miss it terribly. I NEED a 1 watt luxeon. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img]

Since this is my second time around, I'm going all the way. My eyes are set on a Badboy 400 Q3L, as it seems to offer the best combination of brightness, runtime, and stunning white color. But alas, dat2zip's site is suffering from ills of every sort, and I have no interest in signing up with paypal for this singular transaction. His site mentions that money orders can be processed but information as to how to submit such an order is non-existant. I've considered e-mailing him, but I read recently that he only checks his e-mail once a week, leaving the impression that inquiries would be more hastily answered here.

Thus I leave my pathetic plea for assistance. Thank you all for your time.

Cheers,
    Dale

Default Re: Help with purchasing a dat2zip sandwich

What sort of ills is the site suffering? The site seems to function fine for me.

It looks like you order what you want, and select check/money order at checkout. You would then be supplied with the address to send the money order, I imagine.

I tried to order a few hours ago and it claimed my email address wasn't valid when checking out and wouldn't proceed. And I know how to type my email address, thank you for wondering. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The site might still be sick. I'll be looking into it tonight.

I notice that the new site does not show the options to upgrade to cyan or RB emitters like the old site does. Can we still do that?? I would love a cyan madmax.

OK, fixed the TLD.txt issue. I just created an account, so that should fix that issue.

I think there might be others, give it a whirl and let me know if there are any other problems.

Wayne

Yeehaw!!! Me's gonna try it out now...... And I got through. Thanks dat2zip. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

Thanks, gentlemen.

Flashaholic

I've payed for item's with a Money Order in the past.
    After you submit your order, you'll be E-mailed an address of where to send an MO. At least, that's how it was in the previous site.

Flashaholic

Sweet! I just revisited the shoppe and discovered that Dat2zip now lists Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express as accepted forms of payment. Can I now order directly from his site using my credit card or are these only those forms of payment that Paypal accepts, leaving me in much the same situation?

-Dale

Flashaholic

bttt

Anyone in the know about this?

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator Roy's Avatar

Try buying something and see what happens! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Keep us informed.

*Flashaholic*

I just ordered sunday, and it takes credit cards fine!

Larry

Wayne was moving to a new site and had a few configuration problems that now seem to be worked out. He was kind enough to process my order that I placed during the transition period. I incorrectly (expecting PayPal) placed the order and got an automatically generated email message stating where to send a money order.

I calculated the correct (hopefully) PayPal fee, totaled the items, and sent funds via PayPal referencing the order number. He came through with flying colors.

The new URL is:
    http://www.anlighten.com/shop/

Very well organized and easy to navigate.

It's workin' fine... My McLux parts went through fine...

Flashaholic

Great. Looks like it is time to spend some money...

Flashaholic

Ach! I just returned to the shop wallet in hand, prepared to dish out the dough for a BB400 Q3L, and guess what? It's no longer listed. My guess is that it is out of stock or discontinued, however I see no notice describing it's status as such. It is simply gone! Please tell me that the site has just adopted a mind of its own and hidden the product from view.

He may be out of stock on the Q3Ls... That, or all of what Wayne's offering are just Q3s... Shoot him an e-mail...

Yes, when it disappears, we are out of stock. Sorry, now we are out of MM and BB Q3.

Flashaholic

Anxiously waiting for it's re-appearance...

i think im going to cry.

gonna goof up my keyboard...

Bob<--waiting for the return of the madmax Q3...so i can get 2!!!

Flashaholic*

Didn't want to start a new thread, so could someone here clarify the Badboy / Madmax requirements for a "single" AA. All of the descriptions refer to a double AA configuration. I have one of the cutdown "mini" minimags coming and want to convert it to run with a sandwich. I thought that the Madmax had the option for dialing in the current requirements for this new addition to my light stable. Anyone know for sure [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Raindrop,

The Madmax IC will run down to 0.8V. It will run fine on a single cell battery. It might not put out full power, but, it should be pretty good. I've seen others post their mods and it seems to work fine.

Flashaholic*

Thanks Wayne,

Order on the way [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

i have a quick question as well: is it ok to use a MM or BB drop-in without a kroll tailswitch?

sorry, i did a search, but after about 15 minutes, my head was spinning from all the info, which didnt seem to address my question.

thanks,
    Bob

Yes, it is fine. You can just twist the head of your mini-mag to turn the light on and off. It won't use the normal mag switch, instead the optic (or mcflood) in the head of the light will push the module down, breaking contact between the module and the lip of the battery tube.

I have been using my original BB400 this way since I got it with no problems at all.

Hope this helps,
    Pat

One way to completely avoid the Kroll, but still have a kroll-like switch is to get the Brinkmann 2AA body... The clickie on the Brinkmann's just better to use, and it has a lock-out feature...

Definately beats turning the head of the minimag to prevent issues with grounding contact on the sandwich and the lip of the minimag...