• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Help with purchasing a dat2zip sandwich

Orcinus Orca

Newly Enlightened
Well, I knew the time would eventually come when my newly aquired flashlight collection would suffer a casualty, however untill this point I have been praying that it would be one of my unmodified mags. Unfortunately, that was not the case, as I lost my one and only luxeon powered flashlight the other day: an inretech AA white. Needless to say, I miss it terribly. I NEED a 1 watt luxeon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Since this is my second time around, I'm going all the way. My eyes are set on a Badboy 400 Q3L, as it seems to offer the best combination of brightness, runtime, and stunning white color. But alas, dat2zip's site is suffering from ills of every sort, and I have no interest in signing up with paypal for this singular transaction. His site mentions that money orders can be processed but information as to how to submit such an order is non-existant. I've considered e-mailing him, but I read recently that he only checks his e-mail once a week, leaving the impression that inquiries would be more hastily answered here.

Thus I leave my pathetic plea for assistance. Thank you all for your time.

Cheers,
Dale

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
What sort of ills is the site suffering? The site seems to function fine for me.

It looks like you order what you want, and select check/money order at checkout. You would then be supplied with the address to send the money order, I imagine.

marklein

Newly Enlightened
I tried to order a few hours ago and it claimed my email address wasn't valid when checking out and wouldn't proceed. And I know how to type my email address, thank you for wondering. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I notice that the new site does not show the options to upgrade to cyan or RB emitters like the old site does. Can we still do that?? I would love a cyan madmax.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, fixed the TLD.txt issue. I just created an account, so that should fix that issue.

I think there might be others, give it a whirl and let me know if there are any other problems.

Wayne

MenaceSQL

Enlightened
Yeehaw!!! Me's gonna try it out now...... And I got through. Thanks dat2zip. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Darkcobra

Enlightened
I've payed for item's with a Money Order in the past.
After you submit your order, you'll be E-mailed an address of where to send an MO. At least, that's how it was in the previous site.

Orcinus Orca

Newly Enlightened
Sweet! I just revisited the shoppe and discovered that Dat2zip now lists Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express as accepted forms of payment. Can I now order directly from his site using my credit card or are these only those forms of payment that Paypal accepts, leaving me in much the same situation?

-Dale

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Try buying something and see what happens! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keep us informed.

rdwilson

Newly Enlightened
Wayne was moving to a new site and had a few configuration problems that now seem to be worked out. He was kind enough to process my order that I placed during the transition period. I incorrectly (expecting PayPal) placed the order and got an automatically generated email message stating where to send a money order.

I calculated the correct (hopefully) PayPal fee, totaled the items, and sent funds via PayPal referencing the order number. He came through with flying colors.

The new URL is:
http://www.anlighten.com/shop/

Very well organized and easy to navigate.

Orcinus Orca

Newly Enlightened
Ach! I just returned to the shop wallet in hand, prepared to dish out the dough for a BB400 Q3L, and guess what? It's no longer listed. My guess is that it is out of stock or discontinued, however I see no notice describing it's status as such. It is simply gone! Please tell me that the site has just adopted a mind of its own and hidden the product from view.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
He may be out of stock on the Q3Ls... That, or all of what Wayne's offering are just Q3s... Shoot him an e-mail...

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, when it disappears, we are out of stock. Sorry, now we are out of MM and BB Q3.