Evil Shun Knife

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I was taking out some old knives and putting 5" & paring Shun knives in butcher's block, and the 5" just barely touched top of my finger as I was setting one down and picking it up. This required some serious pressure dressing bandaging, as bandaids were useless. Never even felt it cut.

shun1.jpg

shun2.jpg

Never even felt it cut.
Ouch! I guess that's where people get the expression "scary sharp." :duck:

I keep telling my daughter, "Yes, I know first aid, but I don't really want to practice it on you." ;) I'm just glad your cut didn't go deep enough to require stitches.

The funniest aspect is the first thing I thought of was making sure I got a picture to share. How bizarre is that?

That would have been my first impulse!

But where are the pictures of the perpetrator?

Shuns are amazing kitchen knives. Unfortunately I got one for my wife on Christmas, their incredible Santoku knife. My wife used it a couple of times for vege on a prolypylene cutting board and quit using it. Went back to her Cutco vegetable knife because she was used to it. Shun is way sharper. Be careful.

Oh, and they are also beautiful with that Damascus looking steel.

Mo

Last edited:
if you didn't feel the cut then you know the knife is sharpened correctly

knives with rolled edges cut exceptionally painful:sick:

The worst thing about that injury is it happened just after I finished my coffee and was heading upstairs to launch my "soldiers" on their daily underground tour of the city. Turns out that was a very important finger to have out of commission.

The funniest aspect is the first thing I thought of was making sure I got a picture to share. How bizarre is that?

LOL..... it's great Lux and the sign of a true knife fan...lol :laughing::grin2:

On a more serious note, I'm glad it wasn't worse. :)

Good avatar choice Green. :thumbsup:

Lux werent you just asking for advice on getting into knives awhile back? You must be a quick learner because there is not a better or sharper knife than a SHUN. I wish I had taken pics from over the years of the cuts I have recieved from mine. When mine come off my spyderco ultra fine veggies run. I actually have one of the AG Russell santoku kitchen knives and except for the handle it is nearly the equal to the shuns. I wouldnt hesistate a second to buy either one.
Zach

Lux werent you just asking for advice on getting into knives awhile back? You must be a quick learner because there is not a better or sharper knife than a SHUN. I wish I had taken pics from over the years of the cuts I have recieved from mine. When mine come off my spyderco ultra fine veggies run. I actually have one of the AG Russell santoku kitchen knives and except for the handle it is nearly the equal to the shuns. I wouldnt hesistate a second to buy either one.
Zach

Yes sir! The SHUN is thanks to kwkarth's recommendation and in store visit testing. They make you want to cut up things to cook.

I cut my thumb in half, length ways down the nail when I used to work as a chef :laughing:

I was too busy talking, looked down to see a blood filled glove/blood waterfall :faint:

:laughing: