New SF Website Design

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like SF finally updated there website...I guess we can expect some new models to rolling in now??? Like the section that has magazine features, etc.!!! New helmet Light's out!

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
they FINALLY updated the pictures of the E1e and so on...no more olive-looking HA

Crenshaw

zven

Enlightened
Pretty shiny design they've got there. I was certainly used to the old design, but this one's well laid out, and should be a breeze to adapt to.

One thing I don't much care for, though - the sound in Flash feature on the main page is much too loud. Actually, I don't care for involuntary sound on a web page at all. And since the sound in that feature doesn't serve much of a purpose (beyond cheesy, annoying dramatic effect, à la "swoosh" animations and sounds in PowerPoint), I think they should ditch it. At the very least, they should give it a mute button and volume control.

Otherwise, though, the site looks pretty great. I hope they take full advantage of this new design for new product features/announcements.

computernut

Enlightened
I don't mind the new layout. I do wish they would fix the flashlight comparison chart to adjust its width for the size of your browser.

Inliner

Newly Enlightened
Could be wrong, and I hope it's an error, but the old A2 Aviator is listed at $199? I thought it was $149 on the old site. Guess I better jump on some of the NIB A2s in the MP going for under $100!

JohnnyLED

Newly Enlightened
Here is an interesting tidbit.

SureFire recommends the use of only SureFire-brand 123A lithium batteries or those manufactured by Panasonic®, Energizer®, and Duracell®. However, do not use any batteries marked "Photo" or "Camera" in SureFire illumination tools.

Wonder if I should stop using my Rayovac Photo lithium batteries????

Johnny LED

computernut

Enlightened
Here is an interesting tidbit.

SureFire recommends the use of only SureFire-brand 123A lithium batteries or those manufactured by Panasonic®, Energizer®, and Duracell®. However, do not use any batteries marked "Photo" or "Camera" in SureFire illumination tools.

Wonder if I should stop using my Rayovac Photo lithium batteries????

Johnny LED

Ya, I saw that too but I couldn't remember what was there before.

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's funny how in the flash on the main page for the Aviator that the sounds are the same from close encounters.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's funny how in the flash on the main page for the Aviator that the sounds are the same from close encounters.

Yes, and Devils Mountain in the background...they coulda used a mound of mashed potatoes instead...LOL

The camera battery thing has been in there for awhile, if I remmebr correctly...or at least it's in there 09 catalogs

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, and Devils Mountain in the background...they coulda used a mound of mashed potatoes instead...LOL

The camera battery thing has been in there for awhile, if I remmebr correctly...or at least it's in there 09 catalogs

That's been there since summer of '08 at least. When I first started looking for lights I read that I do believe. I can say for sure it's been there since earlier this year.

It's funny though. I've never seen an Energizer or Duracell 123 battery that didn't say Photo.

I've used quite a few Titanium Photo batteries from BatteryJunction with no bad results. I think it's more of who you buy from than what it says.

loszabo

Enlightened
I like the new design.

I hope that Combat Tactics will be a full PDF download in the future, as the magazine is hard to get outside the USA. :candle:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Ya, I saw that too but I couldn't remember what was there before.

Previous versions of the site can be viewed here

Here's the 1995 version

1z6ia9.jpg

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
I'm not convinced that was SureFire's website. It feels more likely Laser Products purchased SureFire.com when it's flashlight line started to overtake it's Lasers as the dominant brand recognition