Surefire X200 Mod- C/P/D-Series Bezel Adaptor

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Earlier tonight a new member sent me a PM with regards to converting an X200 to be able to take P60 type drop-ins.
After explaining what is involved and discusing the finer details, we agreed to go ahead with the project. Luckily I have my own personal X200 that I have been messing around with now and again, so I was able to use it for test fitting the adaptor.
I cut up a new 6P body and a used E-series incan head and tig welded them together to make the adaptor...wish I had a lathe..
I spent a lot of time very carefully filing down the high spots from the weld and then went over it with 220 grit sandpaper followed by wet-sanding with 1500 in the kitchen sink. It will be bead blasted tomorrow.
We decided since I can't anodize myself that it will be painted with krylon BBQ flat black spraypaint and baked to match the body.

I wish I could airbrush to match the amazing artwork done on it..:faint:

This is still a work in progress, as I still need to get his light, disassemble, make contacts and put it all together.

Figuring out the contact was the most difficult part and took me WAAAAY too many hours, but I had to be sure it was going to work the way I wanted it to. A brass contact was made and polished before being soldered and inserted into the rubber and plastic isolation post. The contacts had to work when screwing on the adaptor without breaking lead wires and such...finally I came up with a design that works well!!:thumbsup:

I'll update the thread with more pictures later this week or next when it is done.

The parts that were sacrificed to make the adaptor:
012-17.jpg

Adaptor almost done
013-38.jpg

M2 Shock-Isolated Head
014-22.jpg

Old School Round Bezel..:naughty:
015-19.jpg

001-48.jpg

013-39.jpg

006-40.jpg

Last edited:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Good job. I'm glad J decided to contact you :whistle: He's not new though or I guess it was J's friend who was looking for this who contacted you? :) I knew you could take care of him. :twothumbs

Horton Knives

Newly Enlightened
Looks great,, man, I'm am amazed how helpful everyone is here, gettin the x200 out today, again. Awesome, jeremy

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks great,, man, I'm am amazed how helpful everyone is here, gettin the x200 out today, again. Awesome, jeremy

Got 'em done!!
Sending it back to you tomorrow!

Hope ya like it!
Designing a contact that would allow me to screw the adaptor on without breaking and wire leads was a pain in the @ss, but after spending like 6+ hours I came up with something that works well!

Pictures have been added to the first post and updates are in BOLD lettering..:twothumbs

Horton Knives

Newly Enlightened
that is exactly what i wanted,,, sorry she was a pain,, thanks for all your hard work.. will let you know when she arrives.. thanks again,, jh

Horton Knives

Newly Enlightened
I got my X200 back today, its awesome, thanks again for all the help. The new update with the. Malkoff M60. What a improvement

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
J,

That looks sweeeet!!:faint:
Glad you like it!:thumbsup:
I too was happy with the way it turned out!

Thanks for posting those pics!!:wave:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
sorry to bring this out from the dead. I may be getting my hands on a X200, finally haha. I have a KL4 standing by. Once I get the X200 bezel off, I can use the bottom half of the KL4 and make an ICE bezel right?

Then i can stick the rest of the KL4 onto the X200? Could I do this to my KX2C bezel? Remove the lower ring and use it for my X200?

Thanks

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome.:party:

Defabrica,

I know this is a C-series adaptor and I have seen you make E-series too. Do your E-series work with the Malkoff VME bezel, which effectively makes it P60 compatible.:ohgeez:

I have a TLR-1, which you mentioned before is not worth the upgrade. So, I guess XP-G R5 is still a no go with this. What about direct drive P7 which work with 2 primaries for 8 minutes.

I wanted that D36 Glock weaponlight you had, but its huge and my little G32 has a short muzzle. Do you still have it? if so how does it look with a short muzzle G32 type?

Many more questions to come.

Last edited:

prdubi

Newly Enlightened
Wishing to ask if there is any update to this thread on upgrading the x200 series?

Does anyone do this as a service?

Will be using it on a rifle carbine that will be permanent on it so no holster adaption or anything else, just want a decent lumen then the x200 has right now.

dmoore

Enlightened
Wishing to ask if there is any update to this thread on upgrading the x200 series?

Does anyone do this as a service?

Will be using it on a rifle carbine that will be permanent on it so no holster adaption or anything else, just want a decent lumen then the x200 has right now.

I just purchased an X200 used as well and would like ideas on an upgrade to use P60 dropins.