Opinions on this HID

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
The page you linked to shows this:

"Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/h/i/d/hidcountry/html/product2.php on line 117"

Looks like there site is having issues...

liteitup

Newly Enlightened
the address is i believe http://www.hidcountry.com/product2.php?pid=11

Anyway, it is 600 lumens. hardly hid territory (3000+ lumens for a 35 watt hid). Im gonna assume its a Xenon incandescent bulb. As for their beam shot, any flashlight can be made to look bright with a long exposure, high iso, and a tripod... 300 yards that spot seems way too tight for that light. And if it is that tight i dont think it would be a very useful light.

Patriot

Flashaholic
the address is i believe http://www.hidcountry.com/product2.php?pid=11

Anyway, it is 600 lumens. hardly hid territory (3000+ lumens for a 35 watt hid). Im gonna assume its a Xenon incandescent bulb. As for their beam shot, any flashlight can be made to look bright with a long exposure, high iso, and a tripod... 300 yards that spot seems way too tight for that light. And if it is that tight i dont think it would be a very useful light.

The link is a Trustfire 900 P7 LED light and appears to be an even more generic version of the Trustfire, if that's even possible. I couldn't guess what the possible differences could be.
http://www.solarforcestore.com/servlet/the-18650-LED-Flashlights/Categories

If you're after and inexpensive aluminum body HID light, look no further than the Tactical or Oracle 24W HID's.

If you're looking for LED lights in the $75 range, Solarforce make offers a lot of bang for the buck.
http://www.solarforcestore.com/servlet/StoreFront

Last edited:

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would advise against buying anything from that store. They are basically selling very cheap chinese made lights for higher prices, and making unrealistic claims about them.
Ironically, they state:
"Don't be fooled by foreign sellers with immatation flashlights"
They are selling a light that is FROM foreign sellers. If you buy a light from someone and sell it for double the price, the place you bought it from is not all of a sudden selling "imitations." Also, they obviously didn't proofread that page at all. They say "Advise" instead of "advice," and state that "their" lights are used by "law enforcement agency's."
On top of that, the grainy beamshot they have is complete false advertising. They state that the "tree in this picture is over 300 yards away." They are trying to make the consumer think that the light is 300 yards away from the tree, but that is simply impossible given the angle between the beam and the tree. If that tree is 1000 feet away from the light, then it would have to be about 300 feet tall. Also, I wouldn't doubt that the photo is way overexposed. That beamshot looks to be no more than 30-40 foot distance.

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
On top of that, the grainy beamshot they have is complete false advertising. They state that the "tree in this picture is over 300 yards away." They are trying to make the consumer think that the light is 300 yards away from the tree, but that is simply impossible given the angle between the beam and the tree. If that tree is 1000 feet away from the light, then it would have to be about 300 feet tall. Also, I wouldn't doubt that the photo is way overexposed. That beamshot looks to be no more than 30-40 foot distance.

Haha your right! Thats the worst beam shot I've ever seen. Taken with a camera phone maybe? And yea its probably no more than 50ft away from the tree, and they are claiming 1000 feet away! :confused:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Maybe they meant to say 300 decimeters. :rolleyes:

Why to sellers post such ridiculous data on their sites....:sick2:

liteitup

Newly Enlightened
Maybe they meant to say 300 decimeters. :rolleyes:

Why to sellers post such ridiculous data on their sites....:sick2:

because they already know a customer of theirs wont be a repeat customer after they get the product, so why not exagerate and try to make the sale....

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
because they already know a customer of theirs wont be a repeat customer after they get the product, so why not exagerate and try to make the sale....

Get rich quick merchants... if you really wanted that style of light I'd just bypass the "middleman" and go straight to the source as already suggested, but 600Lm? why not go the while hog and get a P7 variant? :thumbsup:

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, definitely. It's the same price as what they're selling. Better yet, spend a bit extra and get a P7 Solarforce, if you're considering LED.

Ok Patriot..... looks like I might have to pick up one of those.... thats a nice looking light.. good price too!.... 1000 lumens eh?.....

Have you got one yet?... how does it compare to the M1X?

Opps.. nevermind.... looks like its being discontinued for the L1200
http://www.solarforce-usa.com/product.sc?productId=8&categoryId=14

Keep in mind.. the L1200 is not LED.. looks like its Halogen.... I would rather have LED.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Windy, you'd want the L900 or the L1000 if your after LED. Like you stated, the L1200 is incan. Honestly, you'd sort of be duplicating your M1X though. They're pretty close output wise according to various comparisons. This is to be expected since they're both quad dies being run at about the same current. This light has replaced the L900 and L1000.

Last edited:

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Windy, you'd want the L900 or the L1000 if your after LED. Like you stated, the L1200 is incan. Honestly, you'd sort of be duplicating your M1X though. They're pretty close output wise according to various comparisons. This is to be expected since they're both quad dies being run at about the same current. This light has replaced the L900 and L1000.

Yea... the Halogen is ok...... but its a Halogen.... bulbs wear out and can go bad and old technology compared to LED.

Not that Halogen is bad, but for the buck, a halogen light is worth less IMO due to being old technology.

Looks like the L1000 is the same as the M1X with a bigger head for more throw... and although its longer... a very nice looking light and with the extra battery should give more runtime if its being hit with the same current as my M1X that only runs two 18650's.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I still have a pretty high opinion of incan myself, but would never be interested in a 1200. I'm much more happy with a mag11, mag66 or mag85..

If you're seriously looking at the L1000, be sure to check out the Solarforce Masterpiece that I linked. I'm not sure, but I imagine that an extension tube is available for it.

If you can hold out for a SST-50 or SST-90 that will likely give you a much larger step beyond your M1X than the current Solarforce LED offerings.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have a pretty high opinion of incan myself, but would never be interested in a 1200. I'm much more happy with a mag11, mag66 or mag85..

If you're seriously looking at the L1000, be sure to check out the Solarforce Masterpiece that I linked. I'm not sure, but I imagine that an extension tube is available for it.

If you can hold out for a SST-50 or SST-90 that will likely give you a much larger step beyond your M1X than the current Solarforce LED offerings.

thanks for the info..... I'll check that out too!