• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

GDuP runtime

Imworking

Newly Enlightened
It must be a state secret. For the life of me I have looked all over the CPF and cannot find any definitive runtime estimates for the GDuP 3 mode module. DOES ANYBODY HAVE THIS INFORMATION?!

Thanks,

Ken

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not surprised it's out there, since you'd also need to know the battery capacity to work that out, e.g. are you using a CR123A, or an RCR123A, 18650, or something else? I'd recommend you look at the efficiency, your battery capacity then work backwards as a rough estimate.

Imworking

Newly Enlightened
The average high quality CR123 primary is about 1500 milliamps, I don't know where to find the efficiency numbers for the drop in either. One post I saw said it ran for 23 hours on low but then the anode board separated. I've seen no other numbers. I've emailed Wayne 3 times asking for the specs but have been ignored to this point.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Battery capacity is not a definitive number when you start drawing high currents so there is no real good number for any given battery for true capacity. The Vf of the LED must be known as well to compute runtime as well as the temperature of the light. Keeping the battery at room temperature vs letting the battery heat up will generate two completely different results.

There are many graphs and rumtimes for other lights. Find one that is similar and use that as a guide.

For the GDuP and a single CR123 you can rough approximate by taking the battery capacity and divide by the current to the LED.

Wayne

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a CR123 you are going to get 1+ hours in high, ~10+ hours in medium and 100+ hours in low. That is a very rough estimate.