What is your longest/farthest throwing light?

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Mine is a 5MW green laser. It out throws even my large reflectored 35W HID spotlights. Just very curious to know what your absolute best thrower is; it can be any kind, form factor or size of light. This has nothing to do with brightness/overall output, just throw.

Btw, if there has been a thread on this before, please let me know. I have done extensive searching and could not find one. Thanks. :)

iapyx

Enlightened
Mine is a 5MW green laser. It out throws even my large reflectored 35W HID spotlights. Just very curious to know what your absolute best thrower is; it can be any kind, form factor or size of light. This has nothing to do with brightness/overall output, just throw.

Btw, if there has been a thread on this before, please let me know. I have done extensive searching and could not find one. Thanks. :)

how much can you see with your laser hehe.
Well, okay, that was not the point of your question.
My longest throwing light is probably my mag85 with FM deep reflector.
If I place the deep reflector on my mag5761 then theoretically it should throw longer/farther. Hm, I should try that next weekend. I will be in a cottage far from polluting city lights.

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand that likely even a 1mW laser outhrows any flashlight. And of course my 20mW laser is the best thrower in my collection.
A laser is not usable light for really shining up objects however.
My best throwing flashlight is Tiablo A9 with aspheric lens.

Regards, Patric

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I know that my best thrower may not be in the same league as you 'heavy hitters', but perhaps I have one of the better throwers on two to three alkaline cells?? A boost-regulated SSC P4 in a tower module, an FM 2xC or 3xC body, and a SureFire KT-2 2.5" Turbohead, a pretty bright hotspot & not too shabby for ~200 and ~240 lumens respectively (link in my sig).

002FM2xCTH.jpg
004FM3xCTH.jpg

033FM2xCUnderexposed.jpg
029FM3xCUnderexposed.jpg

(All photos were taken at a distance of 7 feet, with the flashlights 6 feet from the wall.)

Last edited:

Matt7337

Enlightened
Dereelight DBS V1 (3SD XR-E Q5) and its recently purchased younger brother, a DBS V3 with an R2 (WC tint). Both have the standard SMO reflectors and lenses on but I'll be getting a new MCE pill and aspherical lens for it soon to increase the throw a little.

Second on the list is a M*g which lives in the boot of my car, details in my sig :)

jahxman

Enlightened
My 100 mW green laser of course throws the furthest, but it's a laser.

Other than that, my DEFT is the throw king in my collection, followed by my DBS V3 w/aspherical head and R2 WH emitter.

Caroso

Newly Enlightened
Dereelight DBS with aspherical head.

Im planing to build a 75w xenon Lightforce 240 Blitz that will make my Dereelight look like a Mini-Mag.

zelda

Enlightened
64623 Mag 5 1/2c with 4 x A123 & 3" reflector.
Similar throw like a Microfire Warrior III K3500R. (tested)

unfortunately the solder from the AW Softstarter melted in low mode --> Driver dead...

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
POB and CT HID's.

Dereelight DBS with aspherical head.

My Mag'633(7000lms.) is also pretty impressive in the throw department.

RaidFire Spear clone.

MagCharger5761.

I thinks that's all of them.You gotta love throwers.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I suppose my halogen spotlight throws the farthest. As far as a flashlight goes that honor probably still belongs to the L1.

Geoff

Billy Ram

Enlightened
Well my m*g85 with the FM 2.5 TM head has a pretty good throw but my tuned up m*g458 with the FM3X head is my longest throwing light. "9000 lumens focused:wow:"
Billy

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Power on Board 35 watt H.I.D. spotlight. I once pointed it ten+ miles away at the peaks of the eastern side of the Sierra Nevada mountains in November and someone up there shined a light back (I think they had a Petzl Myo XP with the SSC l.e.d.).