ArmyTek

Thread: MadMax in a 1 AA Mini-Mag?

Hybrid View

Default MadMax in a 1 AA Mini-Mag?

Rothrandir has made a 1 AA Mini-Mag, and has sold a few others:
    f.s. mini-mini-mag *sold* *might make more?*

I can't wait to get mine, and see what it looks like with a MadMax+ Q3 in it.
    I did a test run with the sandwich, 1 AA & the optic last night, and it looks adequately bright. But, I was just holding everything together by hand, it was kind of awkward.
    I wonder if any of you plan on doing this, or if you already have. If so, are there any beamshots comparing the MadMax running on one cell & two cells?

Default Re: MadMax in a 1 AA Mini-Mag?

how about rechargables or lithiums?

Sure, I was wanting to see the output comparison of one of any kind of cell, compared to two of the same kind of cell.

P.S. I PMed you on the buy thread.

yes, i'm very eager for the results.
    roy bought one, so i hope we'll see all sorts of runtime graphs soon [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

btw, i replied to your pm, and your blue miniminimag will be sent out tomorrow [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator Roy's Avatar

I got my mini-minimag yesterday!

I've put a MadMax+Q in it. Preliminary testing shows the mini-mini to put out about 75% of the amount of light that the MadMax+Q generated in a 2xAA minimag! Used the same Li batteries in both lights.

Added: The 75% value turned out to be on the high side. Using batteries from the same package, this value came out to be 55%-60% of the 2xAA value.

Future plans are to see if the madmax can be adjusted to higher output on one Li battery and then run a runtime plot on it. Then reduce the output of the madmax by 25% and do another runtime plot to see how much runtime is gained by reducing the output. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif[/img]

Roy, I'm very anxious to see your results! I also bought one of the little torches, but don't have the MadMax yet. I would like to find that adjustment that will give me the most LUX for the most runtime! Don't we all? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Flashaholic*

Sounds like a good plan to me. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]