• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Long Term Status of DIY McLux???

woodbender

Newly Enlightened
This may be answered in one of long threads, but I didn't want to try reading them all for the answer. Will your DIY McLux's be offered by you on a constant basis, or do you only have so many to sell? While I REALLY want one of these fantastic lights, this isn't the right time for me to buy. I will definitely add a McLux to my collection if they are still available down the road.

Thanks

Darell

Flashaholic
There have never been plans for future runs of the McLux. This was never intended to be an on-going product offering.

But then, you just never know what will happen one day to the next, do you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But seriously, don't count on any more being produced. It ain't likely.

Shark

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

JollyRoger

Enlightened
But then again, you never know....
I (or one of the other Skunks) might decide to save some and build them up a year from now!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just imagine one year from now....
"McLux with S-rank emitter, dimmable, new optics, $125!)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Even the DIY McLux? The one that requires absolutely no assembly by you poor Skunks?

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saaby?

You mean the pre-built ones called TK for Turn Key? The DIY is Do It Yourself (you get a bag of parts...).

Saaby

Flashaholic
No. Woodbender is asking about Do It Yourself McLux/Individual McLux parts. You guys seem to be talking about TK runs "There have never been plans for future runs of the McLux." "I (or one of the other Skunks) might decide to save some and build them up a year from now!"

So there will be no more Turn Key McLux, but what about individual parts and/or DIY kits. Not Turn Key, DIY.

avusblue

Enlightened
There exists:

o Adequate numbers of TKs built and sold,

o Enough DIY parts made that are waiting to be built into McLuxes, and

o Enough people that seem to want'em,

That I'd predict the continuation of an active secondary market, and good availability of aftermarket McLuxes, for a long time. And that's a good thing!

Dave

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here a hypothetical situation...

Assume the following... The Skunkies are working on something more yummy than the McLux... ASSUME... This is hypethetical only...

If you had to vote, what would you vote for:

1) Put time and effort to make more DIY McLuxs?

2) Continue new product development and more yummier new products?

You can only choose one or the other. Time and effort is very limited...

OK... I'll go first... I vote for 2.

Wayne

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
As long as I do not loose my McLux, I vote for #2!

(Hey, wait, where is my McLux, it's not in my pocket, seriously)

It's probably in my shorts that I wore yesterday. I hope.

If it's missing, I might change my vote to #1!

(I am 99% sure it is in my other pants!)

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I just tried my KL4 head on one of my McLux 2-cell EN bodies. It looks very nice, and the switch is more predictably operable than the SF clickie.

I have two of the 2 cell McLux bodies and one of the 3 cell bodies. I look forward to an ongoing stream of interesting head options I can put on them.

I'll restrict my BB400 QL3 to a Brinkmann 2AA.

I'll consider what else I may do with BB750's after I receive and play with my Pelican M6 mod with BB750 and W3V LS.

An important factor to me is that a single 3.7 V 68 mm Li-Ion cell apparently drives SF's KL4 circuitry adequately while the lower 1500 mA maximum input for the BB750 aparently requires at least 4.8 V input to function. (McGizmo reported that the BB750 circuit self-protectively shut down with a 5 Watt LS driven by a Copia Li-Ion.)

Aluminum Junkie

Newly Enlightened
Number 2 is the only way to go! always go forward, it only gets better. Just don't wait too long to upgrade, or you loose too much spending power. This is assuming we all want to be on the bleeding edge of technology. The rest catch up eventually, but it is always way more fun to the have the good stuff before the next guy! I guess the other option is to keep everything, and start a museum, but I don't see that happening with this group, besides, we need to get the local economy going, right Wayne!

Shark

Enlightened
Well Hmmmmm I'm going to be honest and cheat at the same time I say all of the above. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Number one!!! I can't afford number two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
all this talk of number 1 and number 2, I'm surprised someone hasn't showed up with toilet humor??

I for one cast my vote for #3