Anyone Mod Their WE Boxer w/ Warm HID Lamp?

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 24W Boxer, and just can't get used to the cold 6000+K tint. Has anyone modded their Boxer with a warm tint lamp? This is a really nice light otherwise.

Thanks!

Patriot

Flashaholic
Never seen it Rich. The closest thing I've seen was a mod to a 35W Microfire and it was a big project for the modder. Also, I don't think it lasted iirc. I think WE, Microfire and AE Light have really dropped the ball by not offering a 4300K alternative.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never seen it Rich. The closest thing I've seen was a mod to a 35W Microfire and it was a big project for the modder. Also, I don't think it lasted iirc. I think WE, Microfire and AE Light have really dropped the ball by not offering a 4300K alternative.
Thanks for the info. That's really a shame. The Boxer is a nice compact host for a 24W HID, but not having a warm option kills it.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Thanks for the info. That's really a shame. The Boxer is a nice compact host for a 24W HID, but not having a warm option kills it.

Yeah for sure. It's the most compact and the only one with an independent cell carrier, which I wouldn't be found of in a 8 cell light but in a three cell 18650 it's awesome! It future proofs the light in that you can always use the best cells available without battery pack modding. If they'd just switch bulbs or at least offer the option it would be the ultimate compact. Right now, I don't think an "ultimate" compact exists. Each type has compromises.