Foxfury Scout
Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast

Thread: Cars, Man

Default Re: Cars, Man

Don't forget the RX..

A lot of the "crossovers" look a lot better dropped, it brings out that big hatchback look. A good example Porsche Cayenne:

SEMA 2009

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK18 View Post
    SEMA 2009
    Love the electric sled; I'd wager we'll be seeing a lot more superlight all-electric designs like that in the near future, thanks to how ridiculously simple and powerful the overall concept is..

Speaking of small cars: Introducing the 2011 Aston Martin Cygnet - yes, really, it's not a joke..

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    Speaking of small cars: Introducing the 2011 Aston Martin Cygnet - yes, really, it's not a joke...

I doubt James Bond will be driving around in that abomination any time soon.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

to StarHalo --

Your post # 56 was truly Priceless.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

_

Exclusivity: Ferrari owners in good standing may be entitled to the $2.5 million FXX model, which upon purchase you do not take physical ownership of, but are allowed to see and drive only on special track days held by Ferrari; the car is stored and maintained by the manufacturer otherwise.

Exclusivity: Ferrari owners in good standing may be entitled to the $2.5 million FXX model, which upon purchase you do not take physical ownership of, but are allowed to see and drive only on special track days held by Ferrari; the car is stored and maintained by the manufacturer otherwise.
    Well, the founder was such an obscene snob that he insulted one of his former customers to the point that Lamborghini came into existence. After receiving a bit of mild, constructive, criticism, he actually said to him that perhaps he wasn't good enough to drive a Ferrari.

And what does "good standing" mean?? Those who have previously purchased a Ferrari and have meekly put up with the snobbery?

Sure, pay $2,500,000 and not take possession of one's own property. Not even the founder of the company was that full of himself.
    Last edited by Monocrom; 02-15-2010 at 01:15 PM. Reason: My arch enemy ... The dreaded Typo!
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

For regular folk: It's coming..

Oh yeah. That's sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    And what does "good standing" mean??
    It means you're not this guy:

Well, the founder was such an obscene snob that he insulted one of his former customers to the point that Lamborghini came into existence. After receiving a bit a mild, constructive, criticism, he actually said to him that perhaps he wasn't good enough to drive a Ferrari.

And what does "good standing" mean?? Those who have previously purchased a Ferrari and have meekly put up with the snobbery?

Sure, pay $2,500,000 and not take possession of one's own property. Not even the founder of the company was that full of himself.
    The FXX is not street legal, so you can only drive it on a track anyway. That said, 800 HP in a car that weighs 2500 pounds is pretty ridiculous, and if you have the money to waste, it could be a neat thing to drive...
    Eagletac T10L, 3D maglite with Malkoff 3-6D XP-G Dropin, Stanley 35 watt HID, Gerber LX 3.0, L-mini II Q3-5C, 2D ROP w/ LiMnNi 26650, Eagletac P100A2, Quark Mini AA XP-G S2

Hobbyist LED information Website
    U2 work light
    Shaky Emergency Light
    The Mags
    engineer in the making

Quote Originally Posted by 65535 View Post
    (lp-670-4-sv-2-2-3.jpg)
    The Murcielago SV was recently added to the Forza 3 driving sim; they even modeled how loud it is, as the screaming engine literally drowns out the game's background music..

It means you're not this guy:

LOL !

That's one for you there, StarHalo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    The FXX is not street legal, so you can only drive it on a track anyway. That said, 800 HP in a car that weighs 2500 pounds is pretty ridiculous, and if you have the money to waste, it could be a neat thing to drive...
    If one can afford to pay 2.5 million dollars for a single vehicle, that person can easily afford to pay for track-time, a trailer to carry it, or even afford their own track.

Oh YEAH!!

I'd love to pick up one of those when they come out, but I don't think my finances could handle TWO car payments, and I'm not selling the '07 I already have.

Maybe after 10 years or so when I'm ready to replace my current ride (or, God forbid, if it's wrecked, blown up, or stolen!)

Let's see pics of your sweet '07.

Let's see pics of your sweet '07.
    See my post in the first page. Here's another too.

I was looking for some more to post, but I realized I don't really have all that many photos of it... been too busy driving it!!

Last edited by Stress_Test; 02-15-2010 at 04:15 PM.

Cars are lowered by people who have never seen a pothole.

Super-thin tires...see above.

Wheels that rub fenders or look like they do are bad.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
    Cars are lowered by people who have never seen a pothole.

Super-thin tires...see above.

Wheels that rub fenders or look like they do are bad.

Yours ?

Gonna have a go at fitting this soon:-

Fenix TA30, Quark 1232 Ti, Quark AA2, Quark 1232 Turbo, MiNi AA NW, MiNi CR2, ITP A3 EOS, MG PLI, MG L-Mini II, Romisen RC-N3 II, Romisen RC-A4 II, Akoray K-106 (x2), Akoray K-109.

Nice caterham. I got to test drive one back in 2003. Very tight fit for me. I much prefer caterhams than Elise.

Here is my all time favorite import car, my dad's '93 R1 FD3S RX7

Tuned and maintained by Tripoint Engineering for more than a decade.

Puts out 350hp to the wheels. it is one scary ride.
    Collecting is not about what you have but rather what you DONT have . . . yet.
    ABTOMAT: "Newer Surefire lights strike me as the result of CNC programmers saying to each other "Hold my beer and watch THIS."

I'm a sucker for nice curves...

Check out this car!
    http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2007...-designed.html
    I love my HDS/Ra Clicky... My only wish would be a 5th(accessible thru a 2click press) mode, and a 2AA tube.

Nice caterham. I got to test drive one back in 2003. Very tight fit for me. I much prefer caterhams than Elise.
    Spit! It's not a Caterham btw.
    Fenix TA30, Quark 1232 Ti, Quark AA2, Quark 1232 Turbo, MiNi AA NW, MiNi CR2, ITP A3 EOS, MG PLI, MG L-Mini II, Romisen RC-N3 II, Romisen RC-A4 II, Akoray K-106 (x2), Akoray K-109.

Ultima GTR Recognized on October 7, 2008 by the World Records Academy as the world's fastest street-legal car.

http://pic.pbsrc.com/spacer.gif

Recently Ultima have focused their marketing efforts on record-breaking activities using a model equipped with a 640 bhp (477 kW) American Speed engine, which is called the Ultima GTR640, and subsequently, a 720 bhp (537 kW) engine which is called the GTR720. As a result, they have established the following official, independently verified records[3] for a production car equipped with road tires and exhaust:
    Fastest 0-60 mph (97 km/h) time: 2.6 seconds[3]
    Fastest 0-100 mph (160 km/h) time: 5.3 seconds[3]
    Fastest 30 mph (48 km/h)-70 mph (110 km/h) time: 1.8 seconds[3]
    Fastest 100 mph (160 km/h)- 0 mph time: 3.6 seconds[3]
    Fastest 0-100 mph (160 km/h)- 0 mph time: 9.4 seconds[3]
    Best performance on a skidpad: 1.176g lateral grip in a 200 ft (60 m) circle.
    Fastest road car over the 1/4 mile: 9.9 seconds @ 143 mph (230 km/h)
    Due to its curb weight of 990 kg (2,183 lb)[4], the power-to-weight ratio for the GTR720 is 727 hp (542 kW) per tonne, which is a better ratio than the Bugatti Veyron, Enzo Ferrari, Ascari A10, Koenigsegg CCX or CCGT (but less than the Koenigsegg CCXR), it's also lesser to the Caparo T1. However, the Ultima chassis is rated for engines up to 1,000 bhp (700 kW) and some of Ultima's customers have fitted engines producing 1,000 bhp (700 kW) or more[5], for a power-to-weight ratio of over 1,000 hp (746 kW) per ton

One of my favourite cars is the VW Golf R32 which you can get with a twin turbo with 542hp from a German company .

rayman
    My Lights (current favourite: Maglite 2D XM-L2 mod; current EDC: Olight i1 SS)

Pagani Zonda R 750 horsepower, 0-60 under 2.7 seconds. 2200 lbs about at S.E.M.A. $1.850.000+ USD

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/03/s...tart-your-day/

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkle-Plank View Post
    Yours ?
    Sadly no. But one will be pretty soon. That particular one is owned by somebody who goes to the same gym as I do. Every day I walk by and think, "Man I like that car!"

if anyone is bored and has some time to kill you can check out this thread over on The Car Lounge. Full of 153 pages and counting of nothing but pics and every page gets better

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3438832

the thread was started back in 07 so a lot of pics on the first pages don't work anymore, may wanna start at the end and work your way back
    Last edited by duboost; 02-19-2010 at 12:53 AM.

Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast