SYSMAX Ind./Clike to find more about Nitecore flashlights!
Page 15 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 450 of 1867

Thread: Cars, Man

  1. #421
    *Flashaholic* Monocrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    13,807

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    . . . It's perhaps the new holy grail of college student cars..
    Yeah . . . No. Just no.

    You might get a smile from an eco-insane Neo-hippie chick. But that's all you're getting from her if you pull up in that Smart Car with a face-lift.

    You can try to impress her intellect. Meanwhile the guy in his tricked out GT Mustang is going to pull up, and impress her emotions. After all, girls love ponies.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

  2. #422
    Flashaholic* mossyoak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhone in the other
    Posts
    3,107

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Yeah . . . No. Just no.

    You might get a smile from an eco-insane Neo-hippie chick. But that's all you're getting from her if you pull up in that Smart Car with a face-lift.

    You can try to impress her intellect. Meanwhile the guy in his tricked out GT Mustang is going to pull up, and impress her emotions. After all, girls love ponies.
    If a girl your into is impressed by a mustang be sure to get yourself checked out after you spend the night with her n
    And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be.
    NOTICE: I'm a guy. Im to poor to buy cheap.
    Aeon- Smaller, Brighter, Better...

  3. #423
    *Flashaholic* Monocrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    13,807

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Quote Originally Posted by mossyoak View Post
    If a girl your into is impressed by a mustang be sure to get yourself checked out after you spend the night with her.
    There are some girls who love the raw power of a Ford Mustang. Some of them like getting pinned to the seat as you apply the raw power.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

  4. #424
    Flashaholic* mossyoak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhone in the other
    Posts
    3,107

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Being impressed by the raw power of a mustang is like being impressed by the raw storage of a Subaru outback- there are many things more impressive.
    And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be.
    NOTICE: I'm a guy. Im to poor to buy cheap.
    Aeon- Smaller, Brighter, Better...

  5. #425
    *Flashaholic* StarHalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California Republic
    Posts
    7,248

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    You can try to impress her intellect. Meanwhile the guy in his tricked out GT Mustang is going to pull up, and impress her emotions.
    Ah, but as is always the case with Aston, the exterior is just the warm-up, taking a seat, things get more serious..



    I'm not so averse to the Mustang though, that'd be an interesting comparison, the ladies' view of Cygnet vs Mustang..

  6. #426
    *Flashaholic* Monocrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    13,807

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Quote Originally Posted by mossyoak View Post
    Being impressed by the raw power of a mustang is like being impressed by the raw storage of a Subaru outback- there are many things more impressive.
    I mainly care about just the things the ladies find truly impressive.

    If they were impressed by hot cars, I'd drive one! Oh wait, I do!
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

  7. #427
    *Flashaholic* Monocrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    13,807

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    Ah, but as is always the case with Aston, the exterior is just the warm-up, taking a seat, things get more serious..


    I'm not so averse to the Mustang though, that'd be an interesting comparison, the ladies' view of Cygnet vs Mustang..
    Why is the glovebox shaped like a purse?

    The ladies can pronounce "Mustang." That's one for Ford right there.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

  8. #428
    Flashaholic* mossyoak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhone in the other
    Posts
    3,107

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Why is the glovebox shaped like a purse?

    The ladies can pronounce "Mustang." That's one for Ford right there.
    I try my best to date girls with more than a GED and if they can't pronounce Cygnet, we've got bigger problems
    And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be.
    NOTICE: I'm a guy. Im to poor to buy cheap.
    Aeon- Smaller, Brighter, Better...

  9. #429
    *Flashaholic* StarHalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California Republic
    Posts
    7,248

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Why is the glovebox shaped like a purse?
    It's a matching briefcase.

    This'd be easier if there were any women who wanted to read the cars thread..

  10. #430
    *Flashaholic* Monocrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    13,807

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Quote Originally Posted by mossyoak View Post
    I try my best to date girls with more than a GED and if they can't pronounce Cygnet, we've got bigger problems
    Smart girls present their own issues. I don't care about intelligence. At this point, I want someone with a kind heart and a sweet disposition. Those traits don't always go hand-in-hand with intelligence. If she has all three, great! But the other two are far more important to me.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

  11. #431
    *Flashaholic* Monocrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    13,807

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post

    This'd be easier if there were any women who wanted to read the cars thread..
    Maybe we can get it re-named, "Purses and Cars" thread?
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

  12. #432
    *Flashaholic* StarHalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California Republic
    Posts
    7,248

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Maybe we can get it re-named, "Purses and Cars" thread?
    "Expensive Cars and Available Doctors and Lawyers Driving/Discussing Them"

    I'm being paged to surgery, we'll have to discuss this legal issue later..

  13. #433
    Flashaholic* don.gwapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    My avatar!
    Posts
    845

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    What about this topless screaming toyota.



    It's the LFA roadster.
    Pick the pooch!

  14. #434
    *Flashaholic* StarHalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California Republic
    Posts
    7,248

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Quote Originally Posted by don.gwapo View Post
    It's the LFA roadster.
    It's gorgeous, but the price tag means you have to ask if it's more gorgeous than a Lambo Gallardo Superleggera, Ferrari 430 Scuderia/458, Pagani Zonda, etc.

  15. #435
    *Flashaholic* StarHalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California Republic
    Posts
    7,248

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    More possibly-imported made-in-India truck uniqueness from Mahindra, the Bolero Attitude. Modest size and a diesel 4-cyl means 30/35mpg..




  16. #436
    Flashaholic* mossyoak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhone in the other
    Posts
    3,107

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    More possibly-imported made-in-India truck uniqueness from Mahindra, the Bolero Attitude. Modest size and a diesel 4-cyl means 30/35mpg..



    looks like a Merc G-wagen and jeep wrangler hooked up.
    And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be.
    NOTICE: I'm a guy. Im to poor to buy cheap.
    Aeon- Smaller, Brighter, Better...

  17. #437
    *Flashaholic* Monocrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    13,807

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    . . . a diesel 4-cyl means 30/35mpg..



    Translation: S...L...O...W...
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

  18. #438
    Flashaholic* SureAddicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    822

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    That's not a truck, this is a truck!


    Comparison against a Hummer.

  19. #439
    *Flashaholic* StarHalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California Republic
    Posts
    7,248

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Translation: S...L...O...W...
    No doubt, but a smallish lightweight body with a torquey-for-its-size engine is the same combo as the Willys Jeep and Top Gear's favorite, the Toyota Hilux. The Mahindra could go some places where a Hummer would merely sink or become wedged (not that the Hummer is fast either), better actual off-road use with WAY better mileage should definitely be intriguing to the off-road set..

    (excluding SureAddicted; sheesh, that thing is an office building, you sure you're not American?)

  20. #440
    Flashaholic* SureAddicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    822

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    LOL, I forgot to mention that it's a Knight XV. It can withstand munitions fire for about 24 hrs.
    All it needs is a turret.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76uGRqFavm0
    Last edited by SureAddicted; 10-13-2010 at 06:45 PM.

  21. #441
    *Flashaholic* Monocrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    13,807

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Well, I'm sure James May will be excited by it.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

  22. #442
    *Flashaholic* StarHalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California Republic
    Posts
    7,248

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    More stick-it-to-the-oil-man Volt entertainment: A Motor Trend editor made a 38.4 mile trip from his home to West Hollywood and back. The engine kicked on at 34.1 miles, so the engine only ran for ~4 miles. Total gas used: 0.13 gallons. Total trip MPG: 295.

    The editor drove the car 52 miles city cycle around Los Angeles, and averaged right around 400 MPG.

    At the conclusion of the testing, the car still had six gallons of gas in the tank, which by the editor's calculations would be good for roughly four months of LA driving.


  23. #443

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Quote Originally Posted by SureAddicted View Post
    That's not a truck, this is a truck!
    Everything is so huge in that truck, so whats the matter with those windshield wipers

  24. #444
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Central Ca
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    But how much would a Volt owner spend in a increased electrical bill.

    We in southern california pay a baseline of 11.5c/Kwh and most of us are in the 22-33c/Kwh just using our normal day to day power.

    Charging this car would almost surely push people electrical rates into the 44-55c/Kwh levels which makes power extremely expensive from my perspective.

    Travis

    Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    More stick-it-to-the-oil-man Volt entertainment: A Motor Trend editor made a 38.4 mile trip from his home to West Hollywood and back. The engine kicked on at 34.1 miles, so the engine only ran for ~4 miles. Total gas used: 0.13 gallons. Total trip MPG: 295.

    The editor drove the car 52 miles city cycle around Los Angeles, and averaged right around 400 MPG.

    At the conclusion of the testing, the car still had six gallons of gas in the tank, which by the editor's calculations would be good for roughly four months of LA driving.
    Travis

    Various Neutral Tinted Goodness.

  25. #445
    *Flashaholic* StarHalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California Republic
    Posts
    7,248

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Quote Originally Posted by FroggyTaco View Post
    But how much would a Volt owner spend in a increased electrical bill.
    The Volt's 16 kWh battery uses about 9 kWh of its capacity, so at a non-California 15 cents/kWh, if you charged every single weekday (this assumes a daily commute of 30+ miles), you'd be looking at right around $30 added to your power bill. You would have traveled nearly 700 electric-only miles for $30.

    You'd have to do the math using your commute route/distance and electric rate.

  26. #446
    Flashaholic* don.gwapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    My avatar!
    Posts
    845

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Quote Originally Posted by SureAddicted View Post
    LOL, I forgot to mention that it's a Knight XV. It can withstand munitions fire for about 24 hrs.
    All it needs is a turret.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76uGRqFavm0
    Funny thing on the video. Why would you drive a fully armored truck on the road with your windows are half open. (0:40 & 0:50). . Nah, I know it's just a promotional video. .

    How about this:





    A mercedes GL suv converted into a truck. Now that one hell of a workmanship.
    Last edited by don.gwapo; 10-14-2010 at 11:47 AM.
    Pick the pooch!

  27. #447
    *Flashaholic* StarHalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California Republic
    Posts
    7,248

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Ford is dumping their shares of Mazda, which a Japanese banking/trade firm will be picking up. "Zoom zoom" is independent now..


  28. #448
    *Flashaholic* Monocrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    13,807

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Thumbs down to the idiot executives at Ford for not raiding Mazda's goodies when they had the chance. Could you imagine a current model Taurus SHO with Mazda handling? I could! Sadly, that's all anyone can do from now on. Or how about a Ford Focus that's basically a Mazda3 under its skin?

    Imagine dating a Supermodel who's always in the mood . . . But all you want to do is cuddle! What the Hell was Ford thinking?!
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

  29. #449
    Flashaholic* don.gwapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    My avatar!
    Posts
    845

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    I think not all coz they just release the all new ford ranger and mazda bt-50 which they share the same flatform but the bad news is they will not bring it to the US which is sad. The ranger should be ford's best selling pick up here.
    Pick the pooch!

  30. #450
    *Flashaholic* StarHalo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California Republic
    Posts
    7,248

    Default Re: Cars, Man

    Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    What the Hell was Ford thinking?!
    It's a money-saving move, they weren't doing much platform-sharing anyway, to Ford's detriment.

    Quote Originally Posted by don.gwapo View Post
    The ranger should be ford's best selling pick up here.
    I'm not sure what all the hubub about the new Ranger is about; it's 90% of the size of an F150 (which means it's bigger than some older F150s), so it's not compact. I'll admit that it certainly looks better than the F-series brick-with-chrome styling, but a real compact truck is like the aforementioned Mahindra models, it's not supposed to be bigger or heavier than a compact car..


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •