Foxfury Breakthrough
Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2629303132333435363738394041424346 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1907

Thread: Cars, Man

Default Re: Cars, Man

The Top Marques Monaco event; a cornucopia of the ultra-exotic boutique cars you won't see reviewed or driven or even mentioned anywhere ever again. The entry fee is $75, and the Monaco Grand Prix circuit is the test drive track where you can ride along in some of the featured cars, to decide if you want to buy..

Roding Roadster

Rimac Electric

GTA Spano

Sperrer KTMX 4

Hamann Memor R

Mansory Siracusa

Savagerivale GTR4

Tushek Renovatio 2

Gemballa Mistrale

Flashaholic*

I've had varying success posting pictures, so can someone get a pic up of the Jeep J-12? If you've seen it, you'll understand.

There hasn't been a concept in a while that had me looking to save nickles and dimes, but Jeep has done it.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -- Albert Einstein

Jeep J-12; be aware that this is one among many in a long string of concepts Jeep brings to the Moab Safari every year, and like all the others, the odds that it will see production are statistically zero. Kind of a shame since no one makes an actual compact truck anymore, so the segment could be theirs for the taking..

Ford discontinued the Ranger? And Mazda the B-series truck? Are those twins both gone? Thought they were still making them.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

There is a Ford Ranger, but it's not sold in the US, and it's 90% of the size of an F150 anyway. And Mazda currently offers only the CX series crossovers and Tribute SUV truck-wise.

It really is a shame to see the demise of the compact pick-up, especially in these days of high gas prices and what have been relatively meager increases in fuel efficiency over the years. It seems so counterintuitive.
    I've been driving Toyota pick-ups for many years and they are indeed excellent trucks but they just keep getting bigger and bigger.

True compact pick-ups were first introduced in the 1950s, like the 1958 1000cc Datsun; one of the first.

Last edited by EZO; 05-14-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Now that the car industry is universally agreed that the 4-cylinder engine is the way forward, this would be the ideal time for Jeep to bring back the Forward Control design; sits high like an SUV, loads low like a flatbed, and does it all using half the gas and space of a current full-size truck..

And when it's decided that 3 cylinder is the way forward... I am ready! Meet the bumble bee.... our 2008 Smart For Two "Passion". Almost had this bugger 4 years already! I still prefer my '06 Mustang overall, but none the less, the bumble bee is a fun weekend car!

EagleTac D25C S2; P20A2 MKII S2; P100C2 Q5; Fenix TK21 U2; LD01 R4; E05 R2; E01
    JETBeam BC10 R5; Romisen RC-G2 II NW; RC-T601 II U2; Inova X5
    Xeno E03; Zebralight SC600; Crelant 7G5-V2 U2; 4Sevens Quark Tactical 123^2 R5

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    There is a Ford Ranger, but it's not sold in the US, and it's 90% of the size of an F150 anyway. And Mazda currently offers only the CX series crossovers and Tribute SUV truck-wise.
    Darn! Looks like used would be the only option. Thanks for the heads-up.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by zenbeam View Post
    our 2008 Smart For Two "Passion".
    Shaq loves his..

Of course he does.

When he's done motoring about, he can just step out of the car, pick it up, put it in his front pocket; and go about his day.

Quote Originally Posted by zenbeam View Post
    And when it's decided that 3 cylinder is the way forward...
    Should also mention - Car & Driver recently reviewed the new Ford three-cylinder Ecoboost engine, and ruled it better in every way than the 4-cylinder it replaces. 1.0 liter/61 cubic inches making 123 hp, 148 lb ft of torque, and 40+ MPG in the Focus.. That would certainly make the Four Two more interesting, adding more than 50 hp with the same size engine..

Should also mention - Car & Driver recently reviewed the new Ford three-cylinder Ecoboost engine, and ruled it better in every way than the 4-cylinder it replaces. 1.0 liter/61 cubic inches making 123 hp, 148 lb ft of torque, and 40+ MPG in the Focus.. That would certainly make the Four Two more interesting, adding more than 50 hp with the same size engine..
    I sure wouldn't mind around 50 more horses in the bumblebee! It's actually pretty peppy as is - given the lighter weight than a Focus.
    EagleTac D25C S2; P20A2 MKII S2; P100C2 Q5; Fenix TK21 U2; LD01 R4; E05 R2; E01
    JETBeam BC10 R5; Romisen RC-G2 II NW; RC-T601 II U2; Inova X5
    Xeno E03; Zebralight SC600; Crelant 7G5-V2 U2; 4Sevens Quark Tactical 123^2 R5

Peugeot RCZ
    Presenter: Flora Polis
    Last edited by EZO; 05-17-2012 at 12:12 AM.

+

American made 7 Liter cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by EZO View Post
    Peugeot RCZ
    I'm surprised Ferrari didn't beat them to it, the Italians already have LCD blackout windows. And strange that they only demoed those colors, rather than more traditional/coveted shades, the prototype must be limited in the number of colors it can do..

Quote Originally Posted by orbital View Post
    American made 7 Liter cabriolet
    They should have done a Z06 convertible when Cadillac released the XLR-V; I'd go with red stripes and interior..

Saw one of these on the road the yesterday; it's bigger than I thought it'd be, roughly the size of a 90's-era Mustang.

Is that the new KIA Forte?

^

That Subaru BRZ needs a big turbo

Peugeot RCZ

This is EXACTLY what I need for my Bank-Robbing getaway vehicle !

The APB will specify a RED car, and I'll be driving a BLUE one ! ! !

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !

(evil maniacal laughter)

Splendid !

I'm surprised Ferrari didn't beat them to it, the Italians already have LCD blackout windows. And strange that they only demoed those colors, rather than more traditional/coveted shades, the prototype must be limited in the number of colors it can do..
    If you stop the vid at 3 secs you'll see that it was demonstrated on the 1st of April

It was a Aprils fools joke

Quote Originally Posted by kwak View Post
    If you stop the vid at 3 secs you'll see that it was demonstrated on the 1st of April

It was a Aprils fools joke
    And the lovely presenter's name is Flora Polis! - (Flora Polis = April Fools)....at 8-12 secs
    Last edited by EZO; 06-04-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgess View Post
    Peugeot RCZ

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !

(evil maniacal laughter)

Splendid !

This is why Burgess was never a successful criminal. He'd brag about his plans on a public internet forum first.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgess View Post
    Peugeot RCZ

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !

(evil maniacal laughter)

Splendid !

Well, I 'spose robbing a bank could be a pretty stressful, adrenaline fueled experience. What makes you think the car will be blue?

Quote Originally Posted by EZO View Post
    It really is a shame to see the demise of the compact pick-up, especially in these days of high gas prices and what have been relatively meager increases in fuel efficiency over the years. It seems so counterintuitive.
    I've been driving Toyota pick-ups for many years and they are indeed excellent trucks but they just keep getting bigger and bigger.

True compact pick-ups were first introduced in the 1950s, like the 1958 1000cc Datsun; one of the first.

Here´s the classic Italian compact pickup.

Piaggio three wheeler, very popular with wine makers and people running a small business, built since 1947 and is still produced.

And this is the German counterpart, called Goliath. Has been built from late 20s to late 50s of the last century.

Cheers

RBR

Quote Originally Posted by RBR View Post
    Here´s the classic Italian compact pickup.

Piaggio three wheeler, very popular with wine makers and people running a small business, built since 1947 and is still produced.

And this is the German counterpart, called Goliath. Has been built from late 20s to late 50s of the last century.

Cheers

RBR
    Those look really interesting. I've never heard of them before but I could see having some very practical uses for a Piaggio around here. I wonder though, whether a three wheeled truck might be less stable going around turns if it is carrying a load? FWIW, when I described the Datsun as "one of the first" I meant one of the first introduced in the US. For some reason, the Piaggio reminds me of a John Deere Gator. Now there's a compact pickup truck!

Yes, of course, three wheels are far less stabile.

The three wheels of the Goliath had legal and fiscal reasons in the beginning because vehicles with less than four wheels and less than 350cm³ were allowed to be driven without licence and have been free of tax at that time.

I think the Piaggio has it´s main success for several reasons such as low consumption and most of all in the sometimes very rather narrow streets and lanes in Italian cities and a fortiori in smaller towns, not to forget of course tradition.

You could drive this vehicle virtually everywhere in town, where you already would have got stuck long time with a compact car.

Cheers

RBR

Quote Originally Posted by RBR View Post
    Yes, of course, three wheels are far less stabile.

The three wheels of the Goliath had legal and fiscal reasons in the beginning because vehicles with less than four wheels and less than 350cm³ were allowed to be driven without licence and have been free of tax at that time.

I think the Piaggio has it´s main success for several reasons such as low consumption and most of all in the sometimes very rather narrow streets and lanes in Italian cities and a fortiori in smaller towns, not to forget of course tradition.

You could drive this vehicle virtually everywhere in town, where you already would have got stuck long time with a compact car.

Cheers

RBR
    It has been awhile since I have been in Italy but you are quite right. The Europeans have been specializing in compact vehicles for a very long time now but here in the US, bigger is better. I wish I could buy a Toyota compact pickup that is the same size as the one I bought back in 1992. It was a solid, reliable, economical work vehicle that I could still drive to an urban setting, maneuver through traffic and find a place to park it.

*Flashaholic*

When I was in Italy last, at first, I was very amused by the teeny "clown cars", so small, you could put one hand on a head light, AND your other hand on the tail light, at the same time.

After a few weeks there though, I got used to how small the cars were...but didn't REALIZE it until I saw a Mini Cooper, and it looked like a friggin Limousine.

Peel Engineering - Heading back into production.