Cars, Man

RBR

Enlightened
RBN's post lost proper placement and dating, appearing about 4 years before it should. It has been moved to the end of this thread.

The true OP, StarHalo, is quoted here, and is shown in it's original glory in post number 2.

Post some cars, man..

(and no, this does not belong in the Automotive Lighting section)

Bugatti Veyron 16.4, when you need to get to 140mph in ten seconds, at the same moment you cross the quarter-mile line..
1255633079751.jpg

1969 Chevrolet COPO Camaro, 1 of 69 made, the lord king almighty of Camaros, with the same straight-line performance numbers as the current 426hp Camaro SS.
copoc.jpg

Caterham 7 Superlight R500, barely four pounds per horsepower, not even a sport bike can keep up..
1255224471446.jpg

1984 Ferrari 288 GTO, how Italians build a hot rod; 0-80 in 6 seconds in first gear, and it's a five-speed..
288gto.jpg

2010 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, the return of the Ferrari-killer; 600+hp inside a whole lot of carbon fiber
zr13000.jpg

Caparo T1, as close to F1 as can be made street legal
caparot1.jpg

RUF Porsche eRUF, an electric-motor 911; you can really see the James Dean Spyder heritage once you remove all the air ducts from the nose..
eruf.jpg

Weismann GT, it's German and has a V8, that's all I know since none of the info on it is in English..
weismanngt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Post some cars, man..

(and no, this does not belong in the Automotive Lighting section)

Bugatti Veyron 16.4, when you need to get to 140mph in ten seconds, at the same moment you cross the quarter-mile line..
1255633079751.jpg

1969 Chevrolet COPO Camaro, 1 of 69 made, the lord king almighty of Camaros, with the same straight-line performance numbers as the current 426hp Camaro SS.
copoc.jpg

Caterham 7 Superlight R500, barely four pounds per horsepower, not even a sport bike can keep up..
1255224471446.jpg

1984 Ferrari 288 GTO, how Italians build a hot rod; 0-80 in 6 seconds in first gear, and it's a five-speed..
288gto.jpg

2010 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, the return of the Ferrari-killer; 600+hp inside a whole lot of carbon fiber
zr13000.jpg

Caparo T1, as close to F1 as can be made street legal
caparot1.jpg

RUF Porsche eRUF, an electric-motor 911; you can really see the James Dean Spyder heritage once you remove all the air ducts from the nose..
eruf.jpg

Weismann GT, it's German and has a V8, that's all I know since none of the info on it is in English..
weismanngt.jpg

Burgess

Flashaholic
Wow, cool photos !

:twothumbs

Looks like Bugatti Veyron now has a Titanium version.

:cool:
_

Patriot

Flashaholic
Great pictures. As a Ferrari fan I think it's neat that you included the very "off the wall" 288 GTO. It was and still is such an interesting car and very unrefined. I'll always remember the quote from a Car and Driver journalist from a track test way back in 1985. He said that "out of the slow corners the car felt like an animated cartoon machine that stretched out under acceleration and then snapped back to correct size just before pushing in the clutch to shift"...lol. It was quite the performer 25 years ago. I witnessed one sell live at the Barret Jackson Auction for 1.3M back when the Ferrari market was peaking in early 90's.

daimleramg

Banned
Ok so there is a new Canadian Supercar maker named Locus, they make this model with a choice of 2 engines. The lower model has 750HP and the upgraded model has 1300HP. Just like the Mclaren F1 the driver sits in the middle and the passengers sit to the left and right of the driver.

locus.jpg

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Looks like Bugatti Veyron now has a Titanium version.

That's the Veyron Pur Sang model; the metal is merely bare aluminum, but the center panels are carbon fiber. With a price tag of $4.7 million (because it's not just some raggedy off-the-shelf Bugatti :rolleyes:), only five were made, and all five were sold out in the first day of release.

As a Ferrari fan I think it's neat that you included the very "off the wall" 288 GTO.

They were just warming up with the original GTO; a version with 250 more horsepower and its own unique body panels was available later, called the Evoluzione. It looks a little awkward now, but if you look closely, you can see the F40 starting to slowly "evolve":

gtoevo.jpg

there is a new Canadian Supercar maker named Locus, Just like the Mclaren F1 the driver sits in the middle and the passengers sit to the left and right of the driver.

There are so many exotic cars and manufacturers now, there's always some new one popping up somewhere. I just hope they send a 1300hp model to Britain for The Stig :huh:

And since you brought up the F1, here's the race, track, and street versions at rest:

f1so.jpg

BIGLOU

Enlightened
The New $400,000 Lexus LF-A only 150 coming to USA. I hope I win the lotto.
09-10-26-lexus-lfa-autoblog.jpg

Last edited:

gsxrac

Enlightened
I see your photos and counter you with this! :grin2:

:wtf:

It's the Spongebob Squarepants mobile. Someone was insane enough to do it.

I LOVE IT!! :twothumbs

A lot of the drug dealers and pimps make these "theme cars" that are completly made after one product or show and they all have lift kits in order to fit their 24's and 26's. They also mostly have insanely loud obnoxious exhaust. We have "Big Red" "Mellow Yellow" "Family guy" "Trix" and about 15 others I cant remember at the moment lol. Although the spongebob car looks far better executed than most of the theme cars around here!!!

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Well, here's something a little different:

citroen.jpg

A diesel-electric hybrid station wagon from Citroen, not on the market as of yet - still a concept car IIRC.

201 HP, 295 ft-lb of torque. Engine stats are not that noteworthy, but:
  • 0-62 mph in 6.2 seconds
  • top speed 155 mph
  • 36 miles per gallon!!! (not at 155 mph tho...)

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Every Batmobile has been cool as Hell. Usually long, black, and often muscular. Someone turned their crappy Smart Car into a Batmobile??

That thing is an abomination. :thumbsdow

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's see...
I had to basically lie on the pavement to get this picture:
enzofrontsmall.jpg

This of course if the Ferrari "Enzo Ferrari," most commonly referred to as just the "Enzo." It has a 651 HP naturally aspirated V12.

Starhalo, the picture with the 288 evoluzione in it that you had posted also has a jaguar XJ220 in the background. The XJ220 only has a 3.5 liter V6, but makes almost 550 horsepower. :drool:

Latest posts