Malkoff
Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223242528 ... LastLast

Thread: Cars, Man

Default Re: Cars, Man

look at these cars ~~so .what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by narey View Post
    look at these cars ~~so .what do you guys think
    Those are about 2,300 Nissans, including Infiniti EX, M, and and FX models that were bound for the United States, and Nissan lost about 3% of its value because of it..

I think way too many folks like having a sunroof. When you think about it, as a driver, it's a pretty useless feature. You don't even get to enjoy it much.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

yeap~Agree~but,woman likes the sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    I think way too many folks like having a sunroof. When you think about it, as a driver, it's a pretty useless feature. You don't even get to enjoy it much.
    Quote Originally Posted by narey View Post
    yeap~Agree~but,woman likes the sunroof
    A must-have for Cali operations; no point in having California sun and weather without letting as much of it into the car as possible..

I'd melt.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

i'll bite on the sunroof thing.

I, as a DRIVER, not a motor vehicle operator, love having a sunroof. Those summer cruises, whipping through the woods, or cruising along the river, or just driving wherever, it's a much more pure feeling to have the sun hitting your head, and even more air flowing around you. It's like a grab at a convertible, but not having to deal with the soft top in the wonderful minnesota winter.

Quote Originally Posted by redaudi View Post
    i'll bite on the sunroof thing.

I, as a DRIVER, not a motor vehicle operator, love having a sunroof. Those summer cruises, whipping through the woods, or cruising along the river, or just driving wherever, it's a much more pure feeling to have the sun hitting your head, and even more air flowing around you. It's like a grab at a convertible, but not having to deal with the soft top in the wonderful minnesota winter.
    Good point about the soft-top. Might take another decade, but I see the technology on hard-top convertibles becoming less expensive. We'll be seeing models from Ford, Chevy, and Dodge being made available to the general public. Folks will be able to enjoy true open-air driving. No more worries about thieves or girls basically driving alone in rape-mobiles.

rape-mobiles

What does anyone think about the Alfa Romeo 4C?
    Personally I love alfas so might be a bit bias. The pic I seen was of what seemed to be satin paint. BEAUTIFUL!!!!

http://www.car-addicts.com/archive/g...meo-4c-concept

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    You have to be looking directly at one to notice it, it won't stand out at all from other cars in traffic in your peripheral vision. I'd say the design is better looking and makes more sense in person than it does in pictures, and it's slightly larger than I'd assumed it..
    Trust me, if I was anywhere near an R8 I would have noticed. I suppose someone could mistake one for a TT, but I look at cars far too much to miss one (and far too much for my own good...).
    Eagletac T10L, 3D maglite with Malkoff 3-6D XP-G Dropin, Stanley 35 watt HID, Gerber LX 3.0, L-mini II Q3-5C, 2D ROP w/ LiMnNi 26650, Eagletac P100A2, Quark Mini AA XP-G S2

Common term in self-defense circles.

It refers to women, although generally young ones, who drive around in soft-top convertibles. Three things have to be in place. One, woman driving alone. Two, driving in a soft-top convertible. And three, the top is down. Any determined pervert can easily yank her out of her car, or jump in through the top. Thus the term "rape-mobile." Since that's usually what often follows next.

If you're a guy, you have to worry about some low-life slashing your soft-top if you park on a lonely street at night. Either as a prank, or to steal what's inside your ride. Leave the top down, and your seats might get slashed. Or, more likely, guys walk by and use your car as a trash can. If you're a woman, there's an extra disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Acid87 View Post
    I posted that one on the day it was introduced; As much as I like the look of the satin finish, it's too ridiculously high-maintenance for a daily driver..

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Trust me, if I was anywhere near an R8 I would have noticed.
    You'll see what I mean when you see it, it's one of those cars that doesn't stand out unless you're looking right at it, an ideal cops-don't-notice car..

Common term in self-defense circles.
    Ah, gotcha.

[URL="http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?247536-Cars-Man&p=2636067#post2636067"]

You'll see what I mean when you see it, it's one of those cars that doesn't stand out unless you're looking right at it, an ideal cops-don't-notice car..
    Oh, I plan to be looking right at it ...
    Eagletac T10L, 3D maglite with Malkoff 3-6D XP-G Dropin, Stanley 35 watt HID, Gerber LX 3.0, L-mini II Q3-5C, 2D ROP w/ LiMnNi 26650, Eagletac P100A2, Quark Mini AA XP-G S2

Quote Originally Posted by Acid87 View Post
    Personally I love alfas so might be a bit bias. The pic I seen was of what seemed to be satin paint. BEAUTIFUL!!!!

http://www.car-addicts.com/archive/g...meo-4c-concept

Steven
    When the Lotus Elise met the Ferrari California... Nice looking but seems familar.

Interestingly, I have never seen an Audi R8 of any kind "in the wild." I have seen ferraris, lamborghinis, 911 GT2s, dodge vipers, Ford GTs, Rolls Royces, and even a delorean, but never an Audi R8, V8 or V10. I wonder where they are hiding....
    There are a couple around my neck of the woods. Was lucky enough to be beside one at a stop light once. Poor fellow got to see my tail lights. ( Not that I was racing, as once I hit the speed limit I backed off)

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/23/v...s-v-coupe-rac/

Video series showing the development and testing of the Cadillac CTS-V R racecar.

Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport (convertible) chassis number #001, $2.9 million. Now there are only 149 Grand Sports..

Flashaholic*

The best part is that it is parked next to several econoboxes!
    Travis

Various Neutral Tinted Goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by FroggyTaco View Post
    The best part is that it is parked next to several econoboxes!
    I'm pretty sure that's at the wrecking yard. All of the cars are damaged. The article along with that photo said the owner crashed to the car into the gates of his villa. Note the square damage shown in the second photo here.

Car enthusiasts should take turns beating the owner with an instrument of their choice.

Car crash at the track would be understandable. But who's the trust-fund baby who's so horribly inexperienced at driving that he crashed into the gates of his villa?!?!

I'm coming over, and I'm bringing a rubber hose as my choice of instrument.

+

I always get a huge laugh when people don't have any driving skills,
    and have to buy performance..

Call it Talent Envy
    {{}}

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's at the wrecking yard. All of the cars are damaged. The article along with that photo said the owner crashed to the car into the gates of his villa. Note the square damage shown in the second photo here.
    I noticed it was in a junkyard. I just personally found it amusing that regardless of it's awesomeness its ultimate resting place is no different than a humble automobile. Kinda reminds me of humans.
    Travis

Quote Originally Posted by FroggyTaco View Post
    I noticed it was in a junkyard. I just personally found it amusing that regardless of it's awesomeness its ultimate resting place is no different than a humble automobile. Kinda reminds me of humans.
    If you mean two eyes, two ears, and all the same organs inside the torso, then yes; you are completely right. If you mean as a whole, if you mean in all the important ways that count; nope. I've run into adults who were indeed very different and much better (or worse) than other humans in the areas that matter most.

I was never much of a veyron fan anyway... They seem to lack character to me, and on top of that they sound like tractors.

Flashaholic*

If you mean two eyes, two ears, and all the same organs inside the torso, then yes; you are completely right. If you mean as a whole, if you mean in all the important ways that count; nope. I've run into adults who were indeed very different and much better (or worse) than other humans in the areas that matter most.
    I was inferring more along the lines of no matter how tarted up with stuff(implants, clothes, accessories) people can or will try to do make themselves "nicer", in the end we all put our pants on the same way so to speak.
    Travis

I was never much of a veyron fan anyway... They seem to lack character to me, and on top of that they sound like tractors.
    That's funny you should mention the sound of the Veyron, it's exactly what I find unique about this car. I find the high pitch moskito sound of all the ferrari/lamborgigni really ugly. I think their sound is empty, metallic, ears hammering as opposed to the powerfull and "filled" sound of the Veyron but that's just my opinion.

The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhone in the other

Car enthusiasts should take turns beating the owner with an instrument of their choice.

Car crash at the track would be understandable. But who's the trust-fund baby who's so horribly inexperienced at driving that he crashed into the gates of his villa?!?!

I'm coming over, and I'm bringing a rubber hose as my choice of instrument.
    Actually, its those very "trust fund baby" types that make things like Veyrons possible. Lord knows it wasnt made for you.
    And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be.
    NOTICE: I'm a guy. Im to poor to buy cheap.
    Aeon- Smaller, Brighter, Better...

Quote Originally Posted by mossyoak View Post
    Actually, its those very "trust fund baby" types that make things like Veyrons possible. Lord knows it wasnt made for you.
    *Looks at latest bank statement*

You sure about that?

The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhone in the other

*Looks at latest bank statement*

You sure about that?
    Go ahead then Mr big shot pick one up.
    And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be.
    NOTICE: I'm a guy. Im to poor to buy cheap.
    Aeon- Smaller, Brighter, Better...