Dereelight CL1H V4 or EagleTac T100C2 mkII please advise

LightForce

Newly Enlightened
Hello guys!

It's time for a new torch for me. What I would expect out of it is the best performance with 1x18650 which I'm addicted to, it should also have flat regulation and best efficiency on high and low setting. I prefer only two-three perfect settings, rather than 100's with poor driver electric performance and UI complexity. I prefer lights with very good throw and SMO reflector (I really don't like shining on the walls all the time). I love twisty heads (and I love my old Deree V3 2SM also!), but new Deree lacks of it. I want to mod it with an XP-G S2 emitter in the future and I mod the driver from 850mA to 1200mA+ (easy, but Deree has 3SD with 1200mA by default). I love 5A tint outdoors, but now, second torch should have cooler tint, I think.

Please advise me what I should to get, or maybe thera are different lights which I should consider?

Thanks!

kramer5150

Flashaholic
The 850C in the T100C2 is an amazing driver. I have the smaller P100C2 and use it with old, exhausted 17670 cells. It only draws .85A, while emitting 200L OTF. So even with old worn out laptop-pull cells it performs great. With 2xRCR123 cells it draws exactly half the current with the exact same lumen output. Its my best light from a regulation and overall efficiency (Lumens per watt) standpoint.

By comparison my 200L DIY build needs 1.35A from a Sanyo 18650 cell.

I don't own the CL1H V4, but if it outperforms the T100C2 in these regards its one amazing light.

Last edited:

radu1976

Enlightened
I would go with the CL1H V4 .
I have had the T100C2 MKII and it felt cheap - no offense to the EAGLETAC lovers -. I own the P100C2 and I like it a lot but the T100C2 despite to its good throw and excellent regulation ...didn't look so beefy like the CL1V4.
I wasn't happy with the hotspot...although the beam is smooth, the hotspot was too small.

I think that the 1SD or 3SD Q5 or R2 module assures 1.5hrs of excellent regulation in the DEREE host and that's enough as far as I am concearn. EAGLETAC seems to offer a longer runtime though.

Wilkerson Brasil

Newly Enlightened
My point goes to the EagleTac, better build Quality

I don´t think that Eagletac has better build quality than Dereelight, specially when we´re talking about Eagletac 100 series.

I have CL1H V3. It´s a nice P60 host. My pill is Dereelight Digital Infinit 1.2A Cree Q5. It´s very bright but the beam is full of rings. With smooth reflector its terrible.

T100C2 has a perfect beam, no rings. It has a very good throw.

If you want a thrower with nice beam, go T100C2.
If you don´t mind about rings and want a good balance between flood-throw, go CL1H

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Both of these lights are solid in quality.

T100C2 is a fantastic thrower w/ smooth reflector {no rings either}
CL1H is a favorite P60 host + there will always be great drop-ins' on the horizon for easy upgrades.

Flip a coin, either way,..you'll win!:D

LightForce

Newly Enlightened
Flip a coin, either way,..you'll win!:D

hehe, you're right:) Or buy both of them:D

I wonder which of them have better thermal path... I put a layer of thermal grease between P60 module and head in my old Deree and now it works good. But EagleTac have threads and it sits directly in the head... It's better?

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the CL1H V4 with the Q4-5A pill, quite nice light. I don't like the wobbling clip-ring though. I also got the aspherical head which makes a real thrower out of the light, I installed the 3SM Q4-5A pill. For normal use, it was a little to reddish to my gusto.

As the normal head is of no use by now, I hope for new pills with XP-G to come. I'll take a 3SD pill then and will have a brandnew flashlight this way which I can use with the newly acquired 18650.

fatts

Newly Enlightened
I would vote for the Dereelight if I really had to pick between the 2, for the solid build quality and the upgradability, but if you can afford it, as the CPF saying goes... Buy both! =)

bkumanski

Enlightened
My vote is for the Dereelight, not because it is "better" (I loved my eagletacs), but they are quite different lights. The Dereelight is a P60 host and if you don't like the pill, get another, whatever you need at the moment. I have the r2 pill with one mode and it will run on both 123s and an 18650. I also have a thrunite xpg on the way and I can swap it out in 10 seconds.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have a thrunite xpg on the way and I can swap it out in 10 seconds.

I've also thought about the Thrunite dropin already!

Please tell us the differences to the R2 and if you think it's worth it. I tend to wait for an XPG from Dereelight...

jackthedog

Newly Enlightened
I just got a T100C2 with a Neutral White and smooth reflector and all I can say is WOW. I took it out for the first time last night and realized I was probably lighting up the neighbor's living room, about 200 yards away. I like the build quality too. Not quite as hefty as my Fenix TK10, but it still feels really solid and the knurling beats the Fenix.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The only issue I had with my Dereelight CL1H V4 is that it came with the GITD boot attached to the tailcap, rather than the black boot that is also included.

Swapping them out was easy enough. I have a single-mode pill in mine. Clip is a bit too tight. Mine doesn't wobble. In the hand, it is the most comfortable light I own. And I own a $#%^load of lights.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only issue I had with my Dereelight CL1H V4 is that it came with the GITD boot attached to the tailcap, rather than the black boot that is also included.

Swapping them out was easy enough. I have a single-mode pill in mine. Clip is a bit too tight. Mine doesn't wobble. In the hand, it is the most comfortable light I own. And I own a $#%^load of lights.

My issue was the other way around on both my CL1H V4 (one is a NOHS) : The black rubber boot was installed! :rolleyes:

I didn't have issues either to swap them to get the GITD in...