Botach advertisement in CPF - Very disapointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA OZ

Enlightened
I am very disappointed to see Botach was able to buy advertisement space in CPF. Some of the CPF members may not be awared how many of us have been scammed by this company. I am one of them - see this link for yourself as I am not alone here http://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/botach-tactical-a3784.html and http://botach-tactical.pissedconsumer.com etc..... search google for botach complaints and see for yourself.

It is a seal of approval by allowing their advertisement to be displayed. I hope CPF admin could stand up for its members. Please band Botach from this site.

Last edited:

Greta

Flashaholic
You don't feel that they deserve a chance to correct past behavior? FWIW... they are under new management and I have spoken with several people there. I was very blunt in telling them that they may not be received very well because of past transgressions... this was BEFORE they paid for the banners... I didn't want them to waste their money if things were not going to be different with them. I was assured that the goal was to repair and change their reputation. I think people deserve a chance to do that. Time will tell.

DR_DEUCE

Newly Enlightened
I do not feel the company should have a chance to correct past behavior........I believe they knowingly operated in that manner. I might give a kid a chance for a redo, but not an adult. After reading the complaint thread, I would NEVER deal with this outfit. I worked hard enough to earn my money, and would never spend it at a business like these guys operate..........NEVER.
First bad judgment= shame on you.
second time= shame on me.

Greta

Flashaholic
DR DEUCE... that is, of course, your prerogative and I wouldn't expect anyone to spend their money anywhere they do not wish to. No one here is forcing anyone here to support anyone here. Don't know where anyone got the idea they HAD to support the advertisers here... :shrug:

LumenHound... I believe so. I really want to emphasize that I made it VERY clear that they may not be received well here. They wanted to take that chance.

Botach Tactical

Newly Enlightened
LA OZ

First off, greetings to a fellow Aussie.

LA OZ. We are certainly aware of the problems in the past, we have been brought on to help rectify any issue you had and I am more than happy to work with you, i urge you to please email me [email protected] or just reply to the thread.

We have inherited all the problems that the company has had and we are not ignoring them what so ever.

Please give me all the details of your order so I can look into it for you.

If you look through the forums I'm sure you will see that we are doing our best to get to everyone with a great deal if success.

Improving company image is difficult but absolutely essential.

Thank you Greta for allowing us the opportunity to prove this.

Kind regards
Brendan
Botach Tactical

lightplay22

Enlightened
I was always afraid to deal with Botach because of the warnings of other people whose deals went bad. Its good (to me anyway) to hear of the company trying to make amends for past problems.

Hope it all works out good for all!

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Embarrassingly, I had started to write a nasty rant against Botox when I first saw this thread (didn't bother to read the first post). I had assumed the original poster misspelled "Botox" as "Botach". Given the plethora of poor spelling on the Internet this wasn't an unreasonable assumption. Only when I was ready to hit submit did I notice the Botach ad which obviously had nothing to do with Botox. Doubly embarrassing I suppose given that I didn't know there was company called Botach. Then again I'm more a general lighting kind of person who just doesn't know every manufacturer of portable lights.

I know my post here doesn't add any substance to the thread. I just figured it might elicit a laugh or two, lighten up things a bit.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
IS THIS COMPANY UNDER THE SAME OWNERSHIP?????????????

I was also dissapointed to see Botach advertising here.

Botach Tactical, still owned by Bar Kochba. And his nephew Efraim Diveroli knowingly sold faulty ammunition for use by U.S. soldiers and Afghan security forces.

One of the owner's nephew's dealings:

Supplier Under Scrutiny on Arms for Afghans - New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/27/world/asia/27ammo.html

Judging by all the information you can find on them on the WWW not even related to Botach that whole family seems crooked. But, make your own judgements. I know they have ripped off ALOT of people over the years, including the U.S. government. There was a running thread on Botach for several years over on Glocktalk and some other forums, I think Bladeforum had one too. You can find some pictures of his nephew, but I didn't find a mugshot. I guess he's slated to go to trial soon.

Last edited:

DR_DEUCE

Newly Enlightened
AMPDUDE....I guess this doesn't move them to the top of the list here, does it?

As I was implying, adults usually don't change their colors.

I bet I could get banned here for a single sentence written, and wonder why the Admins here decided that taking some advertising money was better than protecting this community?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to say I was wondering the same thing. Though I would phrase it a different way. I'd wonder why the same rules don't apply to advertisers as apply to us.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess you are right. After all there are plenty of people who have ripped off others, many others, who did not get banned for it. Hell Light, Atomic Chicken, & Dspeck come to mind just to name a few.

If the forum wants to do business with Botach, I believe that sends the wrong message considering their past, well documented, long track record of ripping people off.

Of advertising things at lower prices than everyone else to get customers to their site, then having it forever on back order until you cancel the order. Or charge you then never deliver the item.

That is some of the stuff they are famous for in the past.

Last edited:

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received bad service from Botach several years ago so I stopped using them and posted my experience for other CPF'ers to see.

Based upon what seems to be an upfront approach and admission of the past problems, I agree with Greta and support her decision to let them advertise.

I've been given second chances. I'll appreciate them always.

And we'll warn the Botach folks ----- it ain't wise to mess with Ms. Greta........

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think they really have any choice other than to be upfront at this point, so I don't see any reason to give them credit for it. After years of persistent behavior, 'a second chance' is probably not the best analogy.

Botach Tactical

Newly Enlightened
I was also dissapointed to see Botach advertising here.

Botach Tactical, still owned by Bar Kochba. And his nephew Efraim Diveroli knowingly sold faulty ammunition for use by U.S. soldiers and Afghan security forces.

One of the owner's nephew's dealings:

Supplier Under Scrutiny on Arms for Afghans - New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/27/world/asia/27ammo.html

Judging by all the information you can find on them on the WWW not even related to Botach that whole family seems crooked. But, make your own judgements. I know they have ripped off ALOT of people over the years, including the U.S. government. There was a running thread on Botach for several years over on Glocktalk and some other forums, I think Bladeforum had one too. You can find some pictures of his nephew, but I didn't find a mugshot. I guess he's slated to go to trial soon.

ampdude,
Yes Efraim Diveroli is my nephew and NO!, I, nor my company have had any dealings with him or his company for many years.

The link you provided does mention that he USED to work here for "short-lived job" and does not associate or accuse me or Botach Tactical with his poor dealings.

You say that you "KNOW" we ripped of the U.S government and i don't know on what you based that false accusation! We are proud of our impeccable record and dealings with all branches of the U.S government.

Being ripped off meaning we stole something from somebody. I challenge you to find me one person that we at Botach Tactical have stolen their money.

You wrote "well documented, long track record of ripping people off". On what did you base this false accusations? Can you provide a name, an order number? we all make mistakes but nothing was intentionally and
We have never ripped off anybody, Please look up the definition of a rip off.

It sounds more personal than anything else, if you have been wrong with our company we will fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.