7 UP

trout

Enlightened
No its not a drink its a 7 UP XPG/E Bike light based around the Maxflex 5 from that nice man from taskled .and using it nearly up to its max

using the round 7 up xpg / xpe leds on a 39 mm dia board from Cutters and Khatod 6 degree optic .

7up054.jpg

7up053.jpg

7up051.jpg

7up050.jpg

7up058.jpg

7up059.jpg

and the beamshots of the beast

7up007.jpg

Picture151.jpg

Tidra

Enlightened
nice,.....

Very good job,....

How hard do you drive LED's and what is your input voltage of the batteries? And of course what is the weight of this beauty?

LP
I.

Last edited:

trout

Enlightened
nice,.....

Very good job,....

How hard do you drive LED's and what is your input voltage of the batteries? And of course what is the weight of this beauty?

LP
I.

Thanks I have run it up to maxflex 1200 ma but could see no light difference over 1000 ma but a fair bit more heat .

running from a 4s li ion pack but it does need a larger AH setup if using max power for long .

weight this one weighed in at 145 grammes on my kitchen scales not inc the strap and has set off to Finland for some Dogsled racing

7up070.jpg

thank arcel1t
yes the intention is to have some cases or built up ones for sale be around christmas when the cases are ready

Tidra

Enlightened
I am looking to build one with 14.8V and 4400-5000mA battery,...

Did you put any glass over this Khatod lens?

Yeeeeeeee, Lupine strap looking good and strong.

herulach

Enlightened
Trout you're killing me with all these awesome lights you keep making. Whats the output like at say 600ma? If you need an 8 18650 battery pack for decent runtimes is it not more efficient to use a bflex? Suppose its users choice.

ktronik

Enlightened
Great work!!...again

But I heard that 'lego' is not happy with the look of the face in the light!! :twothumbs

K

No its not a drink its a 7 UP XPG/E Bike light based around the Maxflex 5 from that nice man from taskled .and using it nearly up to its max

using the round 7 up xpg / xpe leds on a 39 mm dia board from Cutters and Khatod 6 degree optic .

7up059.jpg

BrianMc

Enlightened
Wow! lovecpf

Wondered what setup you used for the 7-Up beamshots used in answer to the question about the MaxFlex and the 7-Up. Now I know. :twothumbs

Curious about what it would look like dialed down some to lower amps in those nice mode menus you provided. Could it be used with a little careful aiming at lower power to get to the trail without blinding every oncoming motorist and melting the tarmac? :naughty:

Oh, and did I say wow? :cool:

Got battery, need light. Now to ask Santa for this nifty Christmas present.

trout

Enlightened
Thanks Guys
Full power is probably overkill But fun to annoy the Lupine owners with.

so here are the 5 maxflex settings I guess level 1 would be commute mode
Picture151.jpg

Picture152.jpg

Picture153.jpg

Picture154.jpg

Picture155.jpg

javiole

Newly Enlightened
hahaha, you were silent for few weeks!!! I knew you will come up with a 7 up soon!!! excelent work!!! I like it more than your 6 xp-g!!

cheaplx

Newly Enlightened
Hi Trout!
How do I get in touch with you to arrange a purchase of the LL ?
Thanks, Marek:rolleyes:

Goldigger

Enlightened
Hi Trout!
How do I get in touch with you to arrange a purchase of the LL ?
Thanks, Marek:rolleyes:

You can find trouties contact details on his website..
http://www.troutie.com/mainpage.html

Troutie what are the options of a different optic being used in this light? this is with the idea of having say 5 leds instead of 7, I'm just trying to be a bit conservative towards battery life on max..

Cheers

Oh and i like the gold one, hopefully it will match the Hope Pro 2 gold hubs I'm eyeing up at the moment..

trbdck

Newly Enlightened
Very nice looking housing! Just to be sure, there´s a pretty similar IP65 button which has a place for the status led, so no need to drill an extra hole. It might even be the exact same button you are using now, at least looks like it. It costs 1€ more. http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=EG4574-ND

->Goldigger
Just run the light on lower power with 7 leds. You get better efficiency from the leds, which means you get the same light output for a little longer than with 5 leds at full power and you still have a "turbo" if needed :D

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
These would probably be good off-road lights, if you were interested in changing the driver to one that could handle the 12-15 volt input range, and voltage spikes.

These are beautiful! Wonderful anodizing and machine work! I think the people who purchase them will be very happy!:twothumbs

trout

Enlightened
You can find trouties contact details on his website..
http://www.troutie.com/mainpage.html

Troutie what are the options of a different optic being used in this light? this is with the idea of having say 5 leds instead of 7, I'm just trying to be a bit conservative towards battery life on max..

Cheers

Oh and i like the gold one, hopefully it will match the Hope Pro 2 gold hubs I'm eyeing up at the moment..

Iguess if it fits in it will work I did think about 5 with the polymer optics 6 degree in there

but thens as trbdck says lust turn it to a lower level .

Thanks John my brother does custom bikes and said the same .

Do you have a driver in mind that would fit the bill and handle the dirty voltages

I guess it would not need the Flex type control features just on and off

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you post dimensions of this beauty please? :)
And also a picture showing the attachment options. :duck:

:thanks: