Torture Test S&W 9 LED

Shandstech

Newly Enlightened
A friend and I decided to see if his Smith & Wesson Galaxy 9 LED would last being run over by a Honda Element. Well, surprisingly, it did. Here are the (poor quality, sorry) pictures.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

55.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Last edited:

Shandstech

Newly Enlightened
Curb weight on the Element is around 3400 lbs, H2's and 3's are between 5-6k. I do have another friend here with his Avalanche which is about 5400 lbs, thats in the Hummer range. I'll see if he'll let me do another test with the big truck.

I honestly didnt think the 15.00 dollar light would hold up to the Element.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The 3400 lb of the element is distributed across the 4 wheels so the light is not width standing the full 3400 lb. Not to mention how the weight is distributed across the car and also how the suspension, wheel inflation, and other factors, plays into this.

The light still survived a good amount of weight though. Just wanted to put the above out here.

Now, who's got a press we can use.

Shandstech

Newly Enlightened
The 3400 lb of the element is distributed across the 4 wheels so the light is not width standing the full 3400 lb. Not to mention how the weight is distributed across the car and also how the suspension, wheel inflation, and other factors, plays into this.

Yeah, we were talking about this when we did it, thats when the Avalanche was brought up.

Avalanche Z66 roll over test will be conducted tomorrow.

We have a 10 story building here that we were going to drop it off of but REALLY didnt think it would take that abuse, so we wanted to try a multitude of other tests first.

A press would be a great test however.