Suggest a Headlamp

shark_za

Enlightened
I have got some rewards points at a retailer again and after looking at their torch range I see I am better off getting a headlamp.

I have an old 4x5mm LED Petzl Tikka headlamp I use a lot while camping but think I want something new just because its there.

The better ones at this chain store are the Led Lenser H7 and the Petzl Myo XP.

Why the Myo XP over the Tikka XP ?

I am definately going to throw in a e+Lite on a discount price (standby/survival with lithiums) but want a new general use one for camping and general outdoors work when I need hands free.

I like the idea of AA over AAA if its not too heavy on the head. Rechargeable and lithium capable is also good.
I have used lithium AAA's in my Tikka with no ill effects.

How often do you guys use a red filter? Would this be a consideration ?

Any suggestions in the Petzl/LL ranges would be considered. Please help with your headlamp knowledge.

Magnumpy

Newly Enlightened
the Myo XP/RXP is much brighter than the Tikka XP.

the H7 uses AAAs and the Myo uses AAs, I would personally give the Myo the edge just because of that. although the H7 does have the nice lens which produces a more useful beam imo... but AAA :(

none of those are very heavy at all

my $0.02, go with the Myo RXP

CampingLED

Enlightened
Do they have the Myo RXP as well or only the XP? RXP is white in colour and XP is gray. If the XP is blue it is older stock and not as good as the gray one. :)

CampingLED

Enlightened
Seems like your wife had a hidden agenda. Great that it ended in a win-win situation for both of you. :thumbsup: