CT Zero vs Mr. Bulk SNII vs SL-20X vs Blaster II+

S4MadMan

Enlightened
I just picked up a CT Zero Rechargeable for $49 from Dyna Direct. For the money, it's very impressive and hard to beat.

The fit and finish of the Zero is on par with the best (Mag, Sure Fire, et.al.). The Zero reflector has the tightest focus I have ever seen from a flashlight and the lux readings reflect this. So tight, (I never thought I would say this) I wish it had more flood.

The only real gripe I have is the on/off switch. The momentary works backwards, working only when the Zero is on. I need to reverse that.

For $49, you really can't beat it.

Of the four lights compared, the Zero throws the furthest beam by far but the Mr. Bulk 6D Space Needle II w/UCL produces more overall, useable light. I think my SL-20X would give the Mr. Bulk Special a run for its money or even surpass it if I were to replace the old/scratch/dirty lens.

Here are the comparison photos:

zerocomparison01-or.jpg

zerocomparison03-or.jpg

zerocomparison02-or.jpg

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: CT Zero vs Mr. Bulk SNII vs SL-20X vs Blaster

Quite the hotspot!

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great pics. Interesting to see how the Zero has the tighter beam. I wonder if you were to change the beam, and widen it, how would it compare to the other lights?

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
So how does it compare to say...a Surefire E2e? How many lux does the e2e put out?

S4MadMan

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
The CT-Zero appears to have a very non-nice looking beam. It seems to spray all over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nascar, yes, the hot spot is "non-nice" looking as you mentioned. Here's a better picture of some hot spots. Please note that I just took some lux readings and all the readings were very low but they were consistently low. I think I need to get a new light meter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

zerocomparison004-1-or.jpg

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to wonder, though, how far its beam would throw as compared to something like a Tigerlight's... As the beam's so focused, a reference shot of, say 100 feet, would be a bit more telling...

S4, do you have a good picture/shot of the reflector/bulb?

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
In this thread I have a pic of the bulb mounted without the reflector and then one with the faceted reflector I cobbed off another light.

Zero

They are in two different posts. Did not take one of the standard smooth reflector.

chr00t

Newly Enlightened
Re: Falcon...

Why not try put texture refector and Mag UCL from flashcomm. I want have one and I do not know if there available texture refector for Zero? I dont like current refector not very sharp spot and wide beam with lot rings.

I am forward someone could mod the zero! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic

Guys... it is REALLY a PITA when the subject line is changed away from the thread's subject!

I like FalconFX as much as the next guy, but I sure don't know what the thread is about when it switches...

/end of rant.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I did something wrong without even doing something wrong...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

S4, thanks for the pics... Looks like a decent enough base for modding...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I might have to check out the laser beam it produces, sometime...

S4MadMan

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I did something wrong without even doing something wrong...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[S4MadMan] Sir, you did nothing wrong. I started the subject thread replying directly to your question and typed "Falcon...", then chr00t replied to it so I can see how it can be confusing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

S4, thanks for the pics... Looks like a decent enough base for modding...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[S4MadMan] My pleasure. If you have any ideas or want to guinea pig...I'm your pig. Just gimme a holler. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif