Best keychain LED light

sonrider657

Newly Enlightened
What is the best micro/keychain LED light?
I currently have a PrincetonTec on my keychain and it works fairly well. Anything out there in that size that is better?

LightCannon

Enlightened
There are many similar threads to this one, and the solution(s) to your question has/have been widely discussed many times recently.

The ABSOLUTE best keychain light out there right now, IMHO, is the IlluminaTi. It's made of titanium, runs off of a AAA-sized cell, uses an XP-G R5 emitter, and puts out about 115 lumens (stated.) It's a bout 55 dollars off of Battery Junction, prior to CPF discounts.

The best bang for the buck? iTP A3 EOS 3-mode or the Maratac AAA. They're the exact same light, except the Maratac has more aggressive knurling, and the iTP has a beefier keyring attachment point. About 20 to 25 bucks anywhere.

Most suited to carrying on a keychain full of keys? iTP A3 EOS Stainless Steel Edition. 30-ish bucks anywhere.

sonrider657

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for something very small, like my PrincetonTec, that will not be bulky in my pocket.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Best" is a VERY relative term. For me, the "best" possible keychain light is the Photon Freedom Micro. It is bright, very small, cheap, and has a fantastically simply but feature rich UI.

If you want small like your Princeton Tech, get the Photon Freedom Micro like Marduke pointed out. Single AAA lights are much bigger, much brighter and more $$ so if you're happy with the light you have now...the more levels and output of the Photon should do it for you.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best, objectively? Or favorite, subjectively? Many, many well-reasoned opinions on these points in CPF land. But for me, it's unquestionably the Peak Eiger for its objective and subjective qualities.

burntoshine

Enlightened
if you feel like going up to a AAA size, the Liteflux LF2XT and Fenix LOD are great, but significantly more expensive and a little bit bigger than the princeton tec pulsar.

i carry a LF2XT clipped to the inside of my front pocket and a LOD on my keychain. i also carry an old film canister that holds 4 extra AAAs in a pocket.

i'm going to check out one of those photon freedoms one of these days; nice options for a light that size!

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
The UK version of the Energizer key chain light is also very good,truly good quality and very very bright,downside it is press only to light would be a real winner if it had a switch to stay on.

I am not keen on using my ITP as a key chain light so I use a lanyard.

ITPheli.jpg

legendz

Newly Enlightened
For a keychain you cant go wrong with any of the photon micro lights. I've had a micro II on my keys since they came out.

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the Nitecore EZ CR2 in warm-white on my key-chain. I use it now for a few weeks and I really like it.

rayman

Grog

Enlightened
I wear my keys on my belt so I just could not have a lot of weight on them (or the noise that would come with the bulk).

I've had a red Photon II on my keyring since 1999, finally changed the battery last year :D

Two truck keys, one house key and four work keys.

12-05-09_2044.jpg

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me it's the LPK, made out of Titanium, uses watch battery and is very, very reliable as well as beautiful!!

Dave_5280

Newly Enlightened
Energizer Hi-Tech LED Keychain Light - $8 - Best Buy - metal case - 3 mode clicky - yes a clicky switch - click it on and it stays on - wonderful!

moz-screenshot-3.png
moz-screenshot-4.png

base_media

toughCookie

Newly Enlightened
a cheaper alternative would be these led light [link removed - DM51]

I have one of these on each key sets :candle:

These are pretty bright and decent. Not too sure how they compare with the energizer or the photons though.

Edit... not too sure why the link was removed so I'll just add the sku number for the dx site: sku.1100

Last edited: