Phoenix Electroforms

Thread: Is my north face fake?

Default Is my north face fake?

I just got a north face denali in the mail and i am scrutenizing it as i just learned that the denali is the most "faked" jacket..First it supposed to be 300 fleece and its definetly thinner than my cabellas 300 fleece,,,Second the tag sewn into the jacket says made in bangladesh, Third,,one of the paper hang tags says made in mexico,,and last the zipper pull is on the left rather than on the right,,,supposedly it a "zip in" type thing,,i paid $89.99 shipped. Oh and i almost forgot the tag that says made in mexico also says "R INDIANCLAYRED" Which must be another color as mine is BLACK!!

what gives??
    SLPP 4 AA LUX; AT-100 10 LED; ARC AAA P; photon 1;Pewter 2C M@G with LED drop in; NEXTORCH Saint HID; SF E1B; RR 2AAA headlight; Vector 1 MIL CP spotlight: Q-Beam 2 Mil CP spotlight ;Sams HID; L2D RB 100; 6P

Enlightened

Default Re: Is my north face fake?

lol I think you got a fake one mine was made in AL Savaldo

its going back if i can get the guy to give me a refund,,,The fleece is so thin i can see through it
    SLPP 4 AA LUX; AT-100 10 LED; ARC AAA P; photon 1;Pewter 2C M@G with LED drop in; NEXTORCH Saint HID; SF E1B; RR 2AAA headlight; Vector 1 MIL CP spotlight: Q-Beam 2 Mil CP spotlight ;Sams HID; L2D RB 100; 6P

it does sound like yours is an inferior version

I always thought that if its all 'made in China' there is probably not much difference

if yours is an actual fake then I doubt you'll get a refund
    and I wouldn't trust them at all

Flashaholic*

http://www.thenorthfaceguru.com/

This page used to be a good resource on spotting fakes. It's been a while so I don't know how current the information is. I do know some of the fakes have gotten a lot better in recent years. I used to be able to spot them without even trying, but now they've been able to copy them so well I have a hard time telling them apart from the real thing. Even the buttons, zippers, and tags are identical, and they've even copied the seam sealing tape.

I thought North Face does most of it's manufacturing in Vietnam, but I'm not positive. One thing that usually tips me off is the color. Is the color even a standard north face color? I've seen a lot of fake jackets and bags that come in colors that were never offered by the company

The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhone in the other

Thats what you get for buying TNF junk. you have what sounds like a triclimate fleece inner liner.
    And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be.
    NOTICE: I'm a guy. Im to poor to buy cheap.
    Aeon- Smaller, Brighter, Better...

which would explain the zipper pull on the left

Flashaholic*

I've got a TNF softshell jacket that says made in Bangladesh. Isn't a left side zipper a lady's feature?

Quote Originally Posted by louie View Post
    Isn't a left side zipper a lady's feature?
    Yes-left side zipper=ladies jacket.

I was looking at some North Face jackets on E-Bay 2 weeks ago but was not sure which ones were fake.
    My girlfriend said if I bought one more light she would leave me...........I'm sure gonna miss her.

The listing was from a "mens" denali jacket, and i got this..its going back.

thanks for the replies

Flashaholic*

I work in a college town and see tons of kids wearing all sorts of North Face gear. Every one of them looks like they are freezing their tails off. What are they going to do when it really gets cold here (it's barely been down into the upper 20's yet)? North Face seems to have become a trendy but pretty useless brand as far as I can see. Give me something warm and durable over trendy any day.
    "Show them a light, and they'll follow it anywhere..."