Browning Tactical Hunter Alpha Max

post tenebras

Enlightened
Has anyone tried one of these? If so, what are your impressions?

-------------

Browning Tactical Hunter Alpha Max Flash Light Model 1232 The Browning Tactical Hunter Alpha Max Flash Light Model 1232 Mossy Oak Break Up 3711232 is an ultra powerful light with a tactical end-cap switch. This is a special lockout feature that keeps this Browning flashlight from turning on when packed tightly with other gear. The rugged, lightweight aluminum housings are double-O-ring sealed, and the specialized K-2 lens and reflector design projects a unique diamond-shape beam that covers 25% more area than conventional round beams. Browning's Tactical Hunter flashlight delivers maximum power using only one AA battery.

Specifications for Browning Alpha MAX Tactical Hunter Flashlight
Model: 1232
Battery Life: High 2 hours
Lamp Type: Cree XR-E LED
Brightness: 107 lumens
Color of emitted light: White
Batteries: (1)AA Alkaline
Color: Mossy Oak Break Up
Features of Browning 3711232 Tactical Hunter Alpha Max Lithium Flash LightDelivers 107 lumens, shines over 100 yards, and is no bigger than a roll of breath mints
Digital circuitry delivers maximum power using only one battery
Comes with rugged tactical hunter design with lock-out switch and deep carry pocket clip
3.9 inches in length

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, no first hand experience but it doesn't look terrible for $40. Momentary switch instead of a clickie and one mode. There are brighter and more versatile multi-mode 1xAA lights available for just a bit more but there's also good use for simple on/off single mode lights.
The marketing mentions a "unique square shaped beam" so it's likely that the lights are using an optic of some sort instead of a traditional reflector.

I'm sure someone around here has played with one.

jaybar

Newly Enlightened
I have the 80 lumen AA model. I love it. It's my EDC. I also have the surefire G2L but the Alpha is what I carry and use. I have and will continue to recommend the alpha to my friends. Common AA battery, aluminum with O rings, 80 lumens, 2hour run time, $40.00. Overall the best, most used light I've ever owned.

Chadder

Enlightened
I also have the regular alpha. I got it as a christmas gift. I love the forward clickie but the output is lacking. I'm pretty sure it is not the 80lms it claims. It is about equal to my fenix ld10 on medium mode. I am so used to multi mode lights that I expect it on a new light. I went to the Browning web site to check it out and saw the Alpha Max. It is the exact light using cree instead of a rebel. If it were truely over 100lm and had mulit modes I would get one but since it doesn't I'll pass. Oh I also like the clip set up on these lights!!