Black Moon LTD
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 434

Thread: 18650 Cell Phone Charger

  1. #181

    Default Re: 18650 Cell Phone Charger

    Quote Originally Posted by VegasF6 View Post
    Has there been any feedback on final voltage of the 18650 cells when the charger stops charging?
    In mine the 18650s cells are sitting at 4.19 volts after charging. It does not appear to continue to rise after the green light comes on (charging complete).

  2. #182

    Default Re: 18650 Cell Phone Charger

    Quote Originally Posted by bp_968 View Post
    What do I need to do to charge an iPad on this thing? It's got the beef but the iPad in typical apple fashion ignores it. Any hints?

    Bp
    Did you receive your charger and the iPad ignored it when connected?

  3. #183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fnsooner View Post
    Did you receive your charger and the iPad ignored it when connected?
    Yes, exactly. My phone charges fine on it, but not the iPad (2).

    Bp

  4. #184
    Flashaholic 1pt21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    247

    Default Re: 18650 Cell Phone Charger

    Quote Originally Posted by bp_968 View Post
    What do I need to do to charge an iPad on this thing? It's got the beef but the iPad in typical apple fashion ignores it. Any hints?

    Bp
    Which charger did you pickup?? I have the one with the 18650's in a 4p configuration and charge level indicator LED's on the side.. Just tried it on my iPad1. Charged her up no problems whatsoever, same as my iPhone4...

    I also wonder why it wouldn't work with the iPad2??

    Just noticed you stated you have the 2s2p version, that may be the issue... Maybe the iPad2 is picky with it's chargers??

    I'd say give the 4p one a shot.. It's only like $10ish lol

    Anyone else with an iPad2 have any input to help him out???

    Thanks, hope I helped some!!!

  5. #185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1pt21 View Post
    Which charger did you pickup?? I have the one with the 18650's in a 4p configuration and charge level indicator LED's on the side.. Just tried it on my iPad1. Charged her up no problems whatsoever, same as my iPhone4...

    I also wonder why it wouldn't work with the iPad2??

    Just noticed you stated you have the 2s2p version, that may be the issue... Maybe the iPad2 is picky with it's chargers??

    I'd say give the 4p one a shot.. It's only like $10ish lol

    Anyone else with an iPad2 have any input to help him out???

    Thanks, hope I helped some!!!
    My parents have an iPad 1 I'll try it with when I see them again. Does your iPad say it's charging or does it charge "invisiblely". I haven't plugged in the iPad 2 and just left it to see if it charges anyway regardless what it tells me.

    Are you using the cable it shipped with or your normal sync cable? Mine didn't ship with one of those all in one cables.

  6. #186
    Flashaholic 1pt21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    247

    Default Re: 18650 Cell Phone Charger

    Quote Originally Posted by bp_968 View Post
    My parents have an iPad 1 I'll try it with when I see them again. Does your iPad say it's charging or does it charge "invisiblely". I haven't plugged in the iPad 2 and just left it to see if it charges anyway regardless what it tells me.

    Are you using the cable it shipped with or your normal sync cable? Mine didn't ship with one of those all in one cables.
    Says it's charging. Mine did not come with a cable at all, just using my regular sync cable.

    I didn't even think to try it until I read your post, I figured the iPad required much more juice then my phone and just assumed it wouldn't work. Nice little bonus!!!

  7. #187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1pt21 View Post
    Says it's charging. Mine did not come with a cable at all, just using my regular sync cable.

    I didn't even think to try it until I read your post, I figured the iPad required much more juice then my phone and just assumed it wouldn't work. Nice little bonus!!!
    Do you have a link to the dealer you got your unit from?

  8. #188

    Default Re: 18650 Cell Phone Charger

    Mmmm.. the 4P 3 led charger has an micro usb input for charging from usb, nice.
    Just one thing, the 4P unit wants 5V/1A input and the 2S2P unit (ordered 2 from that rantain guy..) says 9V/10V 1-2A input. Jack sizes are slightly different too.
    I'm tempted to try the Green Ultrafire XSL which has been getting some good reviews, I been using the Trustfire flame and can get around 1 1/4 iPhone charges from the 4P box.. so I think it's around 70% efficient for me. Think others mentioned around that too. For charging the phone I use the Scorche iPhone keychain cable (well a chinese knock off) and it works fine.

    Cheers

  9. #189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alex21 View Post
    Mmmm.. the 4P 3 led charger has an micro usb input for charging from usb, nice.
    Just one thing, the 4P unit wants 5V/1A input and the 2S2P unit (ordered 2 from that rantain guy..) says 9V/10V 1-2A input. Jack sizes are slightly different too.
    I'm tempted to try the Green Ultrafire XSL which has been getting some good reviews, I been using the Trustfire flame and can get around 1 1/4 iPhone charges from the 4P box.. so I think it's around 70% efficient for me. Think others mentioned around that too. For charging the phone I use the Scorche iPhone keychain cable (well a chinese knock off) and it works fine.

    Cheers
    If it has 4 2000mah batteries at 3.7v then it has 29.6wh of energy, 70% of which is 20ish wh or enough to charge an iPhone at least. 3 times. 4 2300-2500 man li-ions should provide way way more then 1.25 charges. Am I missing something?

  10. #190

    Default Re: 18650 Cell Phone Charger

    Woah, sorry. That brief test I did on my iphone with one fully charged TF flame from DX (advertised as 2400mah give or take) brought my phone back from the dead 0-100% once and then when the phone was at 1%, got it up to 25% before the unit stopped. I only have a pair of those batteries but have ordered some more to do a proper test, but everything being equal a box of 4 cells should yield around (or close to) 5 charges.

  11. #191
    Flashaholic* psychbeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SF norcal
    Posts
    1,643

    Default

    I just ran my single to cut off and it stopped @ ~3.1v which seems a little high for modern 18650s

    Still I get a bit more than a full charge from empty on my iPhone.

  12. #192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psychbeat View Post
    I just ran my single to cut off and it stopped @ ~3.1v which seems a little high for modern 18650s

    Still I get a bit more than a full charge from empty on my iPhone.
    Ann I see, your just putting one cell in the box.

  13. #193
    Flashaholic* psychbeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SF norcal
    Posts
    1,643

    Default

    No mine is a single cell charger not the 4cell. Sorry for the confusion.

  14. #194

    Default Re: 18650 Cell Phone Charger

    I got a 2x one off ebay a while back, think it's similar to the 4P version but can use 1 or 2 cells. Need to check my pobox to see if it's arrived yet.

  15. #195
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Waikato, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,630

    Default Re: 18650 Cell Phone Charger

    Quote Originally Posted by psychbeat View Post
    I just ran my single to cut off and it stopped @ ~3.1v which seems a little high for modern 18650s

    Still I get a bit more than a full charge from empty on my iPhone.
    @3.1V the battery life will be considerably higher than if it was drained lower and there probably isn't all that big a capacity difference. If it fully charges the phone from flat then I would consider that completely acceptable.
    So many lights, so little money (cause I spent it on lights). I'm not afraid of the dark, the dark is afraid of ME!

  16. #196

    Default Re: 18650 Cell Phone Charger

    Hey,

    Newb q: With the buck synchronous 95% efficient 2S2P charger, the seller told me via email not to use 9V 2A adaptor?? Even though he has one pictured with the charger+batt+adaptor combo he sells?
    Can I use a 10V 2A adaptor or should it be 1A or less? Thanks!

  17. #197
    Flashaholic 1pt21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    247

    Default Re: 18650 Cell Phone Charger

    Quote Originally Posted by bp_968 View Post
    Do you have a link to the dealer you got your unit from?
    I don't want to break any rules by posting a direct link. I purchased mine off ebay, search item #160674859404. That's the exact one I purchased and I'm very satisfied with it!

    Quote Originally Posted by alex21 View Post
    Mmmm.. the 4P 3 led charger has a micro usb input for charging from usb, nice.
    Cheers
    My 4P charger actually has a mini usb input for charging, not micro. Not sure if that's what you meant, but it is extremely convenient for me as I have tons of various mini usb chargers for home, car and computer from all types of devices I had/have (GPS, BlackBerry, etc...). I currently use a wall charger from an old BlackBerry that was retired ages ago. A bit slow yes, but works like a charm. That's the beauty if these; they are chargers for your 18650's as well (1-4 cells). Essentially, you have a spare usb charger for your phone or whatever PLUS 4 spare 18650's if needed.... For lights of course....

    Hope this info helps some!!!

  18. #198
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    90

  19. #199

    Default Re: 18650 Cell Phone Charger

    this ... i got one and i works very good, charges a 3GS without problems

  20. #200
    Enlightened xamindar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: 18650 Cell Phone Charger

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfoot98 View Post
    Here you go:::::

    http://cgi.ebay.com/5V-Mobile-Power-...item3cb6f30861

    2S2P configuration.

    Claims 95% efficiency

    I have one of these also.
    I had bought two similar to this but in a 4P configuration. Both ended up dying on me. One just will not turn on anymore unless the activate button inside is held down. The other just died one day when I switched it on to use it (hadn't even used it yet, it just lit up for a short time and that was it).

    So either I have had extremely bad luck or these things are way cheaply built. They seem a bit expensive at $12+ considering what you get.

    Do you think this 2S2P one is any better?

  21. #201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xamindar View Post
    I had bought two similar to this but in a 4P configuration. Both ended up dying on me. One just will not turn on anymore unless the activate button inside is held down. The other just died one day when I switched it on to use it (hadn't even used it yet, it just lit up for a short time and that was it).

    So either I have had extremely bad luck or these things are way cheaply built. They seem a bit expensive at $12+ considering what you get.

    Do you think this 2S2P one is any better?
    Well, so far mine still works, but it's only been used for a short time so I have no idea how reliable it will be long term.

  22. #202

    Default Re: 18650 Cell Phone Charger

    Quote Originally Posted by 1pt21 View Post
    I don't want to break any rules by posting a direct link. I purchased mine off ebay, search item #160674859404. That's the exact one I purchased and I'm very satisfied with it!



    My 4P charger actually has a mini usb input for charging, not micro. Not sure if that's what you meant, but it is extremely convenient for me as I have tons of various mini usb chargers for home, car and computer from all types of devices I had/have (GPS, BlackBerry, etc...). I currently use a wall charger from an old BlackBerry that was retired ages ago. A bit slow yes, but works like a charm. That's the beauty if these; they are chargers for your 18650's as well (1-4 cells). Essentially, you have a spare usb charger for your phone or whatever PLUS 4 spare 18650's if needed.... For lights of course....

    Hope this info helps some!!!
    Yes I meant mini usb, thanks for pointing that out
    Hmm.. I just looked online and the iphone 3G only has a 1150mah battery, so 1.25 charges from a 2400mah battery isn't that impressive but still ok considering the cost of the unit and budget batteries (TF Flame from DX)

  23. #203

    Default Re: 18650 Cell Phone Charger

    Quote Originally Posted by xamindar View Post
    I had bought two similar to this but in a 4P configuration. Both ended up dying on me. One just will not turn on anymore unless the activate button inside is held down. The other just died one day when I switched it on to use it (hadn't even used it yet, it just lit up for a short time and that was it).

    So either I have had extremely bad luck or these things are way cheaply built. They seem a bit expensive at $12+ considering what you get.

    Do you think this 2S2P one is any better?
    Is that the 4P with 3 led lights on the side? The seller I bought 2 off a few months ago (1 still works haven't opened the other) had them going for $7 each, not sure if its still that price. $12 is too expensive for that one I think..
    Still most people (including me) would pay extra $$ for something that wouldn't stuff up randomly and had a bit better quality control. Contact the seller and let them know, regardless.

  24. #204
    Enlightened xamindar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: 18650 Cell Phone Charger

    Quote Originally Posted by alex21 View Post
    Is that the 4P with 3 led lights on the side? The seller I bought 2 off a few months ago (1 still works haven't opened the other) had them going for $7 each, not sure if its still that price. $12 is too expensive for that one I think..
    Still most people (including me) would pay extra $$ for something that wouldn't stuff up randomly and had a bit better quality control. Contact the seller and let them know, regardless.
    Well, one of them was the one with the 3 leds on the side. That one was crap from the beginning. It would not change the charge light from red to green so I could never know when it was fully charged. The three leds on the side also did a very poor job of showing capacity.

    The other one was the kind with a blue load led and a red/green charge status led. This was the one I used because it worked perfectly until that one day I turned it on and the load light was lit even though nothing was taking power from it and then it died. I took it apart and tried to see if there was a short somewhere but can not tell and it is likely something also burned out on it.

    I had bought two different types hoping to receive one that was reliable, not the case I guess. No way I am dumping another $11 on one of these. It has already been a couple of months since these have died, unlikely the seller cares to help at all.

  25. #205

    Default Re: 18650 Cell Phone Charger

    Wow, a lot of chargers suggested here!

    I was originally going for the DX flashlight combo, but I think not now I'll rather go for one of the 4-cell boxes from ebay.

    As I don't have any travel chargers for 18650's (indeed, I use only a hobby charger) I need to be able to charge it using a standard usb-charger on the go. Therefore, the 2S2P and some others that are linked to, are not that much of an option. Currently, I'm mostly looking at 1 and 2. I'd prefer no 1 simply based on looks, but has anyone got any more info on ether? Whether they have cc/cv, efficiency, build quality etc. etc.

    Also, would anyone know of any similar products that gives an output of 9V? Could be handy for my tablet on flights etc.

  26. #206

    Default Re: 18650 Cell Phone Charger

    Am I right in thinking that the 18650 battery is going to be more and more common, the newer, bigger AA++ format?

    What would be beautiful would be a usb/micro usb charger that could be switched to boost and deliver 5v at 500ma, shaped like a tube and tough enough to use as a spare battery carrier...
    an adjustable spacer inside and the ability to charge a smaller lithium, a little more circuitry and let it charge an eneloop too, all the more useful.

    with the charges both coming and going at 5v it would be easy to use anywhere usb/micro usb was found, solar, car adapters, etc.
    The brighter the light, the darker the shadow.

  27. #207

    Default Re: 18650 Cell Phone Charger

    Quote Originally Posted by eh4 View Post
    Am I right in thinking that the 18650 battery is going to be more and more common, the newer, bigger AA++ format?
    Many people here, especially the strongest advocates of safety measures with Li-Ion battery, might say: NOOO! And grated, there are reasons Li-Ion batteries shouldn't be used widely by consumers.

    On the other hand, though - they already are. They are in your laptop (which even uses 18650s often), cellphone, emergency chargers, some rechargeable flashlights etc.

    Really, a 18650 cell with a well designed protection circuit (ie. no flimsy paper strip protecting the lead from the negative end to the protection pcb) are not more dangerous than than your laptop battery or cell phone battery. It has much higher energy density than AAs, much better discharge rate than normal AA-rechargeables and nearly as good as the LSD ones.

    Also, the fact that they are so much better than AA in term of energy density, means that it might just make more people switch to rechargeables - which would be a major plus.

    I'm actually contemplating to make some investigations into what it would take to sell such portable chargers to the public instead of these crappy two AA-chargers, Complete with four 18650 cells, of course. I don't know what it would end up with cost-wise though, seeing as I would need a reliable battery source that provides CE-certificates, pay VAT and whatnot. Oh, well, I can enjoy a couple myself anyway, even if i don't manage to save the common man. :P

  28. #208

    Default 18650 Battery Power Box, USB, 4 Cells, No Protection - Thoughts?

    I have seen this product a couple time and wonder if anyone has purchased one and tried it out? I did not see this posted on Candle Forumns so hopefully not a re-post.

    If not, I am temped to get one and test it out.

    I am curious about Cutoff Voltage, Charging style, trickle charge after complete, USB output voltage, ect.

    I noticed they called for unprotected cells (or at least one I saw on ebay) which many of us have quite a few laying around. Could be a great use to charge up that deal cell phone or power some usb speakers outside?

    Here are some photos (It looks like there are a few versions some discontinued..)






    Different Version.. Choices!






    Whats this... another version! This one seems appealing since the 18650's are in parallel and the above models seem to be series..




    This one seems a little shoddy to me...




    As you can see the list goes on...
    I think out of all of them I like this last one the best. Here is the link and they have 3 different versions (close up of the PCB's on their ad) it seems to have the most features and doesnt look too bad. I do wonder about the charging characteristics though...

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/5V-input-2A-...item231a909613






    This is just a few of them that appear from multiple china resellers, including ebay. Just search 18650 Power Box.

    Thoughts? Worth The Trouble? Safety Concerns?

    Seems like a good theory.
    Last edited by koocuz; 03-14-2012 at 10:50 PM.

  29. #209
    Flashaholic* PEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Buenos Aires / Argentina (I like ribs)
    Posts
    3,533

    Default Re: 18650 Cell Phone Charger

    anyone tried these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/170799586822 ? 5V in 2A out 1A Mobile Travel Portable PowerSupply 18650 Battery USB Charger Box

    It loads 4x 18650 in parallel, charges thru a mini USB plug and outputs 5V via a regular size USB port


    Pablo

  30. #210
    Enlightened xamindar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: 18650 Cell Phone Charger

    Quote Originally Posted by PEU View Post
    anyone tried these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/170799586822 ? 5V in 2A out 1A Mobile Travel Portable PowerSupply 18650 Battery USB Charger Box

    It loads 4x 18650 in parallel, charges thru a mini USB plug and outputs 5V via a regular size USB port


    Pablo
    yes, i have bought two of these. they both died wiyhin a month. don't waste your money. If they were under $5 then maybe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •