I had a few posts in different places, this is a summary of my 2 new Mini AA's.
1) Awesome feel, very tiny. Extremely smooth threads right out of the box. Great long lanyard and clip included.
2) Big spot, bigger than anything I have. Also, a huge spill. But enough power on high to still have some decent throw. A great all purpose EDC beam, also for running.
3) Greenish tint. One is more than the other. But all are still less green than my "white" Surefire U2. In use the tints are fine.
4) The UI is awesome and simple. No pre-flash, no 1/2 second wait to change levels, etc. Always goes back to low, and I can twist up levels in less than half a second (very easy 1 handed). And the hidden modes are great, especially since they're hidden and don't get in the way.
5) OK on Alkaline, pretty bright on 1.7v Lithium AA, Extremely bright on 14500!
Power on Protected 14500:
1) Very bright on High, about the same overall as my Quark AA Ti R5 on 14500which is 206 lumens OTF. The Mini has a bigger spot and spill, the Quark Ti has more throw.
2) High runtime is 38 minutes, tested twice with different batteries (Quark AA Ti R5 was 48 minutes on Max with same batteries).
3) Medium runtime is 3 1/2 hours. Medium is much brighter with a 14500 than with Alkaline or Lithium AA's. Medium is a great level, stronger than the Medium on my Quark AA Ti R5, but lower than the Ti's High.
4) Low is the same power as Quark AA Ti R5 Low.
Tint on Protected 14500 vs Quark AA Ti R5:
1) Both Minis are more green than my Ti Quark R5 when on Max, but when on Medium, the Ti is more green.
2) Mini High is same tint as Ti High.
3) As Ti gets brighter, light gets whiter. Mini gets whiter, but not as much.
Power on Alkaline Energizer normal, not Max. (I used the other Mini on 14500 to compare brightness):
1) High Runtime: After 1 hour, same power as Medium on 14500 and stayed like that for 20-30 minutes. At 2 hours, it was between the 14500's Low & High, closer to Low. At 2 1/2 hours, was still a useful light, quite a bit lower. Gave the battery a short rest, and it came back on brighter for a few minutes.
2) Note: Brightness on Medium with Alkaline & Lithium (1.7v) are about the same. High jumps up a bit with Lithium.
Overall: Awesome! I will use it with 14500's, and 1 became my EDC. I bought 2 more after playing with these 2!