Possible Fake Scoutlights on Ebay?

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the auction I saw.

The finish looks wrong*, and while they avoid showing the trademarks dead on, you can see them. The fact that it refers to it as an "Element scoutlight" is confusing, though.

*The finish could be due to off-body flash, but it seems too rough to me.

CSI304

Newly Enlightened
It's a clone by the company "Element" they make replica airsoft parts for airsoft guns, this is just one of their replicas. Quality wise.. best avoid.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it thread-compatible with the Executive series? plug-compatible? The scale on the images make it look close to 4cm wide at its thinnest.

nzgunnie

Enlightened
Lol... to quote the listing

- This is a brand new in box Element M600C Scout Light in Black.
- This is a slightly used Rifle mounted scout light.

I bought a M900 clone from an asian ebay Airsoft dealer for my paintball gun a few years ago, it was rubbish (and I know have a genuine M961). They might have learnt something since then, but I wouldn't expect great things from the tape switch.

I thought the last part was funny too:
'Due to the nature of our products, no long term warranty is offered'
No kidding, because they tend to be junk.

However, I'd still be keen to find out what this one is like for paintball, the M900 had lots of switches and wiring that was the weakpoint of their copy, the body, head and mount were actually quite good quality. This 'M600' light is pretty straight forward (no rotary switches or multiple pressure pads), and apart from the tape switch shouldn't have too much to go wrong.

Last edited:

nzgunnie

Enlightened
Is it thread-compatible with the Executive series? plug-compatible? The scale on the images make it look close to 4cm wide at its thinnest.

The 'scale' looks to me like it's simply showing the dimension of the picatinny rail as '20mm', it's just not very well done as it's not even drawn in the same plane as the photo is taken.

Based on my experience with the M900 clone I was foolish enough to waste my money one, I wouldn't expect the threads to be compatible.

Last edited:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes they are rampant in hk. although when I was there I did not see any. but online you can get them. So much easier to just buy a used scoutlight from the MP for about $150.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I'm sure for Airsoft purposes, it works just fine.

-Trevor

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I'm sure for Airsoft purposes, it works just fine.

-Trevor

I was a hardcore airsofter and I take offense to that. Haha. I used an ASP triad baton light as my first tactical light. I went thru the crap UTG stuff. Then broke down and bought a real SF weaponlight. I refuse to go back to anything less.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Necromancy, with comparison photos

Remembered this thread, then found this one over on AR15.com with side by side comparison photos of the Element and Surefire products.

Just in case anyone was curious.

I would consider replacing the head and tail with genuine Surefire and/or Malkoff parts, stripping the screen printed trademarks, and using the body tube, in the same way an Ultrafire host became the first affordable P7 pocket rocket. But any metal bodied light that shorts lithium batteries is also known as a pipe bomb, so the OEM electronics are right out.

Last edited:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Necromancy, with comparison photos

Ok I bought the M300 scoutlight from element. For $48 it didn't break the bank. The trademarks are laser etched. I got the sand color. It looks more like champagne color.

The threads are a mystery. I showed it to Scout24. The head can fit Surefire bodies. But true E-series heads won't fit the M300 clone body. I think the threads are too wide. I need to get a die and rethread the body. To be more annoying, the tailcaps don't fit onto Surefire bodies but real Surefire tailcaps fit the M300. The M300 came with an E2D style tail cap. It is a reverse clicky. I took it apart and it needs a bit of reaming, 5/8, and it can use Surefire guts.

The head is pretty amazing. The Ar15 guy got a crappy one. Mine is amazing. It looks like about 200 lumens. It will run off ANYTHING. 1 primary, 2 primaries, 1-li-ion, even a AA alkaline output drops out but respectable for a single AA. Which means t could run on 2x AA.

I got a decent light for the money. All I wanted was a mini scoutlight body. Once I machine/turn the threads, it will be useful.

One thing that I found out, is that the mini scoutlight body is a cut down full length scoutlight. You could take an old scoutlight and cut it down and thread it to make a mini scoutlight body.

Surefire charges $350 for the M300. A bit much for a watered down scoutlight.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't know what you're talking about -- I'd totally pay a hundred and ninety five yuan for one. :nana:

Solscud, tell us how the re-threading goes; I have a genuine Scout tailcap and enough lego components for a head.

See the hole on tir lens?
Genuine dont have one.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast

Guys, I pulled the trigger on this one last night. I'm pretty sure it is a legit Surefire, but wanted your thoughts/input as well. There are no obvious features that throw a red flag, other than there not being a picture of the business end.

eBay item 321573534523

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks legit to me, cland72... not a single stand out thing to point otherwise but type III mismatch on that bezel is the most stand-out point that convinces me it's true Surefire... great grab, my friend, awesome price...

Guys, I pulled the trigger on this one last night. I'm pretty sure it is a legit Surefire, but wanted your thoughts/input as well. There are no obvious features that throw a red flag, other than there not being a picture of the business end.

eBay item 321573534523