37deg frosted optics

klitered.jpg

klitered2.jpg

klitered3.jpg

K

BrianMc

Enlightened
"That'swhat I'm talkin' 'bout! :twothumbs

Could you provide a behind the bike pic or two with the bike lit up (front, too) beside a car with its lights on, so we can see what motorists would see in traffic? Thanks a lot.

K6-III

Newly Enlightened
It'd be nice to see a variant with improved side visibility (let some of the light leak through openings in the side of the light body). Also, an option for rack mounting to 50 and 80mm struts would be off the charts, especially in a dynamo version!

ktronik

Enlightened
It'd be nice to see a variant with improved side visibility (let some of the light leak through openings in the side of the light body). Also, an option for rack mounting to 50 and 80mm struts would be off the charts, especially in a dynamo version!

Hey K6 Thanks for the comments, its crazy to think that the k-lite 30mm housing started life as a front battery powered light, then became a front dynamo driven light & now, somehow a rear light...really a front light with red LEDs & pointed backwards, as like you said has no side lighting... I could put holes around the front bezel for light to leak ect...

But I think for now, I will let it do what it does best, give a big pool of red light projected to the ground, not directed at drivers eyes, but pointed to the ground, creating a visual safety zone around the rider... this pool of light can be seen for all angles, if you know what I mean...I will also let clear 5mm LEDs do what they do best, flash & dance around the place & use these for side illumination... for now that is the path of least resistance...

BTW what started it all was a order for a dual dynamo driven set, white front & red rear....what came out was interesting...

Parallel strings, so you can run front only, F&R or Rear only... can't do this with series style circuits

a 6 super cap standlite., should last a long time, you rear light lasts longer than the front due to the lower Vf...

so test results as follows for the 150uf power curve:

Front light only Max 830mA to LED string (909lm XPG R5) add the rear light , it eats Max 230mA so to the front goes Max 600mA (767lm XPG R5)

I feel its the best match given the constraints of the dynamo output, you can however change the front to back brightness with a simple mode on the rear cable if needed in the future

But thats another post... :twothumbs

K