Cheap lights?

THEluminator

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know of a cheap light (under 30$) that uses leds and runs on aa or smaller batteries? (A light that can be found in a local store would be great) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
You can buy cheaper on line, just go to banners on the Home
page. I don't know if you have a R.E.I. handy but here are
lights at full retail price.
4AAA Princeton Tec Attitude 3 LED $18.95
4AA Princeton Tec Impact 1 LED with shaped lens $25.95
1AA CMG Infinity Ultra 1 LED $22.95
I have all of these lights & they are all good.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
REI would be your best brick/mortar bet for "readily available" flashlights that are under $30, and LED based...

You could try Walmart, but it's usually a hit/miss from one store to the next as to availability of LED-based lights (like the Brinkmann LL or Rebel)...

K Horn

Newly Enlightened
Try Meijer's they carry the Brinkman longlife LED.
Target has the eveready LED headlights and some Eddie Baur lights over in camping.
Woodville Surplus has some lights.
****'s Sporting Goods...
Gander Mountain has some.

Just look around.....

ZENGHOST

Enlightened
I second Hoghead's suggestion of the Attitude (don't have experience with the rest of the suggestions) and would add a Streamlight 4AA LED ProPolymer to the list. Under $25 bucks and is a great light. There's also the Streamlight 3AA Twin-Task for under $25, Streamlight Stylus (uses AAAA batts) for under $15. Can't leave out the Arc AAA as well as the CMG Sonic, and the upcoming Inova X1.

THEluminator

Newly Enlightened
Thanks im gonan check out ****s and Meijer (again...last time they were ouit of rebels) and look at REI.com. thanks

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if there are Galyans in Ohio, but they carry several of the lights listed for decent retail prices. I just bought three original Impacts for $12 each as the packaging was damaged a bit. Very impressive light. At first, it doesn't seem much brighter than the Brinkmann 2 AA lights, and maybe inside there isn't a world of difference. But outdoors, it has much more usable light. For shining things up to 50 feet or so. We're not talking SureFire G2/Legend LX/Princeton Surge bright, but bright enough to see if someone or a small animal is there. Plus, LEDs tend to show color differences if not actual colors so if someone is standing there against a predominantly green background, wearing black or gray, you'll see them. And if there's something small and furry, you can easily pick out the eyes.

The Impact would be my strong recommendation if you don't need to to be super small.

Rebus

Enlightened
Let me warn you! Don't buy generic
brand lights. They will not have
high rank leds and you will be disappointed!!!
Stick with the brands you read about on
this forum. Especially stay away from
the ones on Ebay...

-Rebus

wualta

Newly Enlightened
For only $5 more than your maximum, you could get the new Streamlight Luxeon Task Light from Amazon, shipping included.

Having a Luxeon means never having to explain to flash-muggles (ie, ordinary folk) why your flashlight is so dim and funny-looking.

Walt Brand

BigMac

Enlightened
You might head over to the ARC forum and take a look at the ARC AA thread. Like the AAA only with a AA. We have to show peter that he could sell at least 200 of them though, or else he will not make them. We are at about 153 or somthing like that.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
For $23.95 plus shipping from Brightguy you can get the Streamlight 4AA LED ProPolymer, which is a 7 LED light. It's quite bright and floods the entire area with light, although its beam doesn't reach far into the distance like a more narrowly focused light would. I'd say it effectively lights things at least 20 yards ahead.

Here's a link to this light on the Brightguy.com site. Incidentally, I have no affiliation with Brightguy, although I've bought several lights from them and have been pleased with their service.

This particular light just might be the best value, brightness and quality of flashlight vs. dollars spent, on the entire market.