Olight - R50        
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Thread: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's , GS and now High CRI

Default Re: Standing wave of Sapphire 25's , GS and now High CRI

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleFrodo View Post
    Don, could you please post up a link or a park number or something so that we can be sure we are actually looking at the LEDs that are compatible with the Sapphire?
    I have used both Nichia 3 mm and 5 mm LED's as well as UV 5 mm and lately the 5 mm from Yuji. I use three different O-rings with the LED's to make a good fit in the sapphire head. I have received some 5 mm samples some time ago that didn't fit properly due to their large and over long epoxy envelopes. From Yuji if that is what you are asking, I have been using the BC Series High CRI 5 MM and 60 viewing angle and 5600K I assume the 45 will have a taller envelope which may or may not be a challenge to fit in the Sapphire head. Going with the 60 in 3200K would not be a problem but I see now the order quantity has bumped up to 1000 pieces for $130. Now sales are only in bulk. Perhaps some members have these in the 3200K and can make some available to anyone wanting one.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

At that point I guess the question of ďdoes anyone have any of these on hand?Ē comes up. And if nobody has them, how much interest is there in Sapphires with those LEDs? I imagine it might be unrealistic to expect to get 1000 votes for the idea here, but now Iím thinking that I wonder what else could be done with all the extra LEDs... 🤔

Anyone have any thoughts? The Sapphire is just so darn pretty looking, but Iím definitely a fan of warmer tints. If anyone was interested in tints more like 3500K, 3700K, or 4000K, I think those would all look fantastic and offer very pleasant color rendition and I think maybe we should try to find out how much interest there is in such a thing. Iím particularly interested in something between 3200K and 3700K.

Don, are those the 95+ CRI LEDs?
    Yugi has high CRI LEDs that use a violet emitter under the phosphor layer, and they are supposed to offer 98+ CRI, but at reduced output compared to the more traditional blue emitter under the phosphor.

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleFrodo View Post
    Don, are those the 95+ CRI LEDs?
    Yugi has high CRI LEDs that use a violet emitter under the phosphor layer, and they are supposed to offer 98+ CRI, but at reduced output compared to the more traditional blue emitter under the phosphor.
    Yes, these are 95+ CRI
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Iím very interested in a 3000K - 4000K range Sapphire.

Flashaholic*

Default Standing wave of Sapphire 25's , GS and now High CRI

Yuji leds, top to bottom: 5600/45, 3200/45, 3200/60. The 5600/60 were out of stock when I bought these. These 3 seem to be identical https://imgur.com/a/UsHnm
    Last edited by ma tumba; 11-23-2017 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ma tumba View Post
    Yuji leds, top to bottom: 5600/45, 3200/45, 3200/60. The 5600/60 were out of stock when I bought these. These 3 seem to be identical https://imgur.com/a/UsHnm
    The die in the bottom one (60 would be my guess) is closer to the lens of the envelope than the other two. Since the envelopes are the same in all three, no problem with them working in the Sapphire. I love how clean and artifact free the 60 is. I have no idea if the tighter 45 will be as clean and just more concentrated or not.

NOTE: I re read your post and see that you have indeed identified the 60 as the one in the bottom of the image.
    Last edited by McGizmo; 11-23-2017 at 04:45 PM. Reason: added note

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by McGizmo View Post
    I love how clean and artifact free the 60 is. I have no idea if the tighter 45 will be as clean and just more concentrated or not.
    The beam of all 3 kinds that I have, range from nearly perfect to perfect. There are variations between individual LEDs of the same kind, but I struggle to see them even on the white wall.

Don I can send you a few 3200k (both angles) leds as soon as you know how many lights you would actually build at this point.

Ohhh, Iím in for a 3200K 60 angle! Appreciate your efforts in this!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910