• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SOLD OUT: Web Coil tethers with stainless steel connectors

McGizmo

Flashaholic
2-28-15
Hi Guys, These are all gone now. Thanks!
6-7-13Hi guys,
The titanium versions as described below are now history but I do have these web coil tethers back on hand using stainless steel clip and split ring instead. They look like the tethers pictured below but to keep things simple, black is the only color available.
The web coil tether is $30 and if you want it with a swivel, it is $35. Postage is additional.

These tethers are available on first come first serve basis; as determined by e-mail orders I receive which are clear, concise and include the must have information:

In the subject line of the E-mail please state: Web Coil Tether (w/ swivel option if desired)
Your CPF name
(if you have one)
Your real name and mailing address
phone number if international shipment
Any exceptions to standard shipping, which is priority mail.
If the shipment is domestic and you want insurance, please so state. (No insurance offered on international shipments)

For my general info on how I process these offerings, please refer to THIS THREAD.

Original POST no longer viable in terms of what is offered:

Hi guys,

This offering is a first of its kind from me. As some of you know, I have a line of stainless steel clips and some titanium clips and split rings which are available from some of our friendly CPF dealers. Aside from some flashlight waves, I don't sell anything direct to you guys.

A number of years ago, I came up with a design for tubular webbing covered tethers which have urethane coil cores. I also came up some simple tools allowing one to make these assemblies. I passed the idea and design over to my friends at Cetacea. They have had some limited success in distributing these through various dealers.

I have received custom tethers from them through the years for my own use and once I got my hands on the titanium clips and split rings, I had to get some tethers made up with them. I have been using these in the ocean for gear tethers, camera straps and even tethers to my wave skis and surf skis.

I did some trading with Cetacea and now have way more of these tethers than I could ever use or dole out to friends and family.

So I figure I will offer some to you guys should any of you be interested. :eek:

Colors.jpg

You can also request the 1/4'x20 swivel option for use with cameras or other devices that attach to a 1/4"x20 stud. The swivels are a custom version from Sampo that I had made for me. They are nickle plated brass with stainless steel ball bearings. Below is a quick and lame shot I got of one attached to an Olympus point and shoot hanging around my neck:

CameraSwivel.jpg

Last edited:

scintillator

Enlightened
Re: Web Coil tethers with titanium connectors

Hi
I will take one black tether with swivel please.
thanks
paypal sent

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take a blue and a red one!

Please add a foam ring for my beloved Sapphire... :kiss:

Thanks,

Thierry

:paypal: (as soon as I'll have the right amount)

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is it possible to buy just the swivel?? Pleeeeeeeease. Ive been looking for one of these for so long...:mecry:

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Is it possible to buy just the swivel?? Pleeeeeeeease. Ive been looking for one of these for so long...:mecry:

Contact me by e-mail.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

How long would the tethers be? 20"
Thanks

Fully extended, from inside bearing surface of clip to inside bearing surface of split ring is 45". You can put one of these around your waist comfortably provide your girth is in the 26"-38" range. Relaxed, the length is 12.5" from the same measure points.

The weak link here is the Ti split ring. The tether itself (1/2" tubular webbing) is probably good for 500 lbs. I had one attached to a Mikita 18V drill while up on a ladder and accidentally dropped the drill. Fortunately I was higher up from the ground than the tether length and no damage. The tether went from the drill to the utility belt I was wearing at the time.

The other night, I had one around my head as a head band with a AAA light on the split ring and I wove it through a coil and was able to aim it where I wanted it as a make shift head lamp.

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don, is the Ti clip and split ring made by Mizumoto Machine Mfg.?

Will you be offering these in a SS version?

Thanks,
TB

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Don, is the Ti clip and split ring made by Mizumoto Machine Mfg.?

Will you be offering these in a SS version?

Thanks,
TB

The Ti clips and split rings were made for me by a factory which I have recently been informed is now closed. :sigh:

I approached Mizumoto a number of years back to partner with me on a series of stainless clips and we have had a good relationship regarding these. They were not the source for these titanium parts. Stainless split rings can be had domestically with no problem. I have considered the 45 mm clip in stainless but not pursued it to date. If I can't find a new source for titanium, this might change. :shrug:

Candidly, I am not real interested in discussing my sources on an open public forum for possibly obvious reasons.

cloggy

Newly Enlightened

Many thanks Don for your prompt dispatch of the items I ordered- black web coil tether with swivel + extra swivel.
Transaction ID #3RH87139SS162025H.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Email sent.

The Ti clips and split rings were made for me by a factory which I have recently been informed is now closed. :sigh:

Bummer.....

tpchan

Newly Enlightened

:paypal:
Thanks Don!

Unique Transaction ID #1M333658708271344

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Whoa ... almost missed this. I am getting old. E-Mail inbound ... :D

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine showed up today. These are going to see a lot of use.

I didn't notice the o-ring on the swivel in your pics, but that is an improvement the camera industry could learn from. Excellent idea!

Most of the time, I'll be using it as a belt loop tether or wrist strap, but it's perfect for my Nikon P&S. Weighing just under 10oz, it hangs mid-chest. Anything lighter than that and it would look like a choker on my 21" neck. I hasten to add, chokers don't look good on me! :nana:

Seriously, these are beefy and built great. Thanks for letting a few of these go, Don!

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Cool Ray. Can we expect some pics of the choker? :D :nana:

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

As much as it pains me to disappoint you, since it's Christmas, I better not. I'd hate to scare the kids!

jasong911

Newly Enlightened

:paypal:

Unique Transaction ID #3DJ41217FP9913255

Thanks also, Don!

--Jason